SoD is not classic, thats why we need fresh

I’m over here laughing because as I’m reading this I’m starting to have some flashbacks. I played a Mid Healer so I wasn’t doing anything but using my CC and healing. Made for some CRAZY PvP though as you had to juggle so. many. things.

If that was a thing in DAoC, SIGN ME UP! There are a ton of Hibs with the huge bonkers that I’d like to kite myself.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a skill, it absolutely is. Am I good at it? NOPE. Am I good at very much in the game? Also no. I am good at staying alive in raids though cause I have good situational awareness. But I digress. I just don’t like the fact that a level 40 hunter can endlessly kite a skull elite and widdle it down.

Also, note that all my thoughts come from a 100% PvE WoW player because the good PvP in Dark Age ruined me :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve had death threats, people digging up my old guild/logs, in game harassment, etc. on these forums. I’m sure you wanna do one of those yourself.

Even if you didn’t, my experience here dictates that you’ll never see me posting on a character I actually play on ever again. Unless I pick back up playing Aguy that is :smiley:

To be fair I’ve never had a problem with you from all your posts that I remember. Some other posters well… I don’t think they’re very nice… but I don’t ever remember thinking that about you in the past.

I also don’t know if there’s history with you or anyone else and Aguy because I don’t read 95% of the threads on this forum.

I do enjoy the “base game” but it’s not for the typical reasons people give as to why they play WoW. It’s ok with me if other people such as yourself would never play it again, and if you’re enjoying SoD and waiting on MoP or whatever. That’s all good.

1 Like

Sorry you’re dipping out. See you on the forums when they release a new fresh. Everyone knows they will eventually. This is all going the way of the Everquest model.

Seasonal progression servers, new rules that make the game interesting and fun. It’s the only way they can keep people like me willing to subscribe.

1 Like

I want them to continue making SoD type stuff. I hope they make it feel more Classic next time, but to each their own.

I want them to provide a place to play unadulterated progressive Classic as well. If there were only 10k players on it, I’d still play there.

click on this guy portrait → View activity → upper right box called Normal, click it and then click Ignored, just did it, it’ll last for 4 months

1 Like

The real pro tips are always in the comments

From posting from a character relevant to the forum as opposed to a character from another version of the game?

Sure.

That’s standard forum procedure, both when appropriate, and otherwise.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to camp you in game.
(I don’t support verbal/text abuse, I’ve already had to submit a ticket for someone in game, that was actioned- and it was before I was on the forums. But I absolutely would make you eat your words about PvP from the other topic… for hours. And enjoy it.)

I’m starting to think you’re actually on a normal server. Would fit the rest of your blatantly hypocritical rhetoric…

2 Likes

Shaman did diseases for Mid. I don’t recall if you actually had to be a Cave Shaman to do it or if it was a base spell.

Mid has terrible full casters but had some amazing half-casters and melee classes.

1 Like

Yes. It was pretty lame.

lol yeah so you wanna do some in game harassment, and you don’t get to. Gg Tricklepuppy!

And yeah I’ve never been toxic.

And were you saved by Steven Seagal in your story for the New York Post?

“PvP happened on a PvP server”

Except you didn’t show up, because you’re spouting nonsense from a normal server.
Hypocrite.

(Went ahead and ignored you- will check back in a couple weeks to see if you’ve grown up.)

Now: Back to the thread-

Classic just doesn’t have the support it did when it was the only non-retail wow game in town.

1 Like

Why do you think I’d make up someone openly sending me death threats on the forums? Threatening me and my family. Do you think I enjoy thinking about that?

Are you so internet brained you’d deny someone else’s circumstances to serve further ingraining yourself into some us vs them?

But tricklepupper, you’re not on a PvP server because you’re too soft. You tucked tail and ran at the first opportunity!

It isn’t possible to relive 2019 Classic, just how it wasn’t possible to relive actual OG Vanilla.

Quarantine + Valheim launch was too much. I was also raiding on Shadowlands. I don’t think I’ll ever no life WoW to that degree ever again nor will it even be possible.

The biggest thing classic offered was that the path was not set - Blizzard would need to hide their plans.

Remember actual classic when they introduced DM? Or BWL? Or the constant rotation of talents as they just messed around with classes buffing and nerfing them.

Unstructured is the best thing a game can be - but now WoW is on these release cycles with phases and all this other trash. Until Blizzard is able to shake off all of the best practices around corporate game development - we wont have what we had ever again. That being said i think for era they should just merge servers.

For SoD they should do horizontal progression - that would be the best way to bring back that original feeling of not know what was next. If we know that the level cap won’t increase - what comes next will just be story, armor, and class changes. Horizontal is also the best way to do away with the whole “no content” thing.

Yeah the Savages were exactly that. Crazy good.

I went from playing Cleric / Enchanter in Everquest to playing that Mid Healer. Perfect combination of both and I never did anything else. It was too much fun in PvP juggling both roles :smiley:

Bye Arielba/Eyr/other clown car occupants.

Hey Moo - been awhile and hope all is well with you.

Quoted because you’re correct. There is a market for it. The issue is that folks that want fresh servers to progress through again aren’t wanting to wait for the current, in-progress round to finish. When 2019 progression ends then fresh begins most likely.

Patience, grasshoppers.
#masterpo

2 Likes

“I don’t have a problem (proceeds to dump on said group of people for an entire rest of the paragraph”

We get it dude, you tried to play enhance or something in 2019 and were scorned and exiled from it. We get it.

You can play sod or whatever and we will go play that fresh. Nobody cares how many people are or are not playing it.

I find it ironically funny that nobody actually dumpsters on HC servers, which have 4 servers in total and low pop in general yet it’s the fresh era that gets all the shade

That’s evidence of a scorned player. These people will dump on the idea of a fresh era, like they’re getting flash backs from times past 2019-2020 and claim abysmal pop but nobody bats an eye about anything else but fresh classic. Most people who don’t like sod just unsub and quite frankly don’t even come to the forums. People don’t play fresh era for raiding, they play for sandbox guild v guild pvp, world buff and resource wars, running the server up on new chars, ranking drama etc. if all you really value is end game then sure I can understand why you might not want to play a fresh classic - but not everyone plays it for that r reason and that’s why they don’t get bored of it - and that’s fine if you don’t play that way and just wanna do your raids on a “viable class” (evidence of end game centric player - thats totaly fine! Just not everyone plays for that reason)

Most people I know who quit sod quit because it is end game focused and they don’t play vanilla for end game only - but rather a means to other ways to play like pvp or etc

2 Likes

Thanks Asma, this is off-topic for this thread but taking a break has been good. There are some things I’ve needed to do in my free time but have been putting off and I’ve been able to do them by not really gaming a lot or being on forums much. So that’s awesome.

I hope you’ve been doing well in general.

1 Like

What 2019 progression? Era has been final phase for years.

You couldn’t mean Cata and beyond? Not insinuating we need to wait for The War Within Classic and beyond to be able to circle back to Vanilla, of course… unless?

The best part about this, when SoD was first being talked about on the forums, that same person trashed SoD saying they would never play it and era will stay populated because nobody would be interested in it. Constantly.

Day 1 they switched forum accounts and was praising SoD so i wouldnt take anything they say seriously

1 Like