SoD is not classic, thats why we need fresh

1. We’re not even at the end-game yet, so let’s hold off on the past tense damning of the game.
  2. SoD defintely got smacked hard with the Incursions debacle, so it probably won’t hit its full potential of where it could’ve been without that- but even then it’s still doing better than a Fresh server would be, by a large margin.
    And it has the possibility for improvement and the promise of change: Something a Fresh Classic does not have.

Just like last time: Aside from you, Argentia, Heavywood, and that immature clown earlier in the thread…where is the clamor for Fresh Classic?
I’ve seen 2 Fresh Classic Threads updated within the last 24 hours, with a combined post count of: 29 (over 12 days.)

1 Like

I was there and made a real list of the issues with SoM.

People who weren’t there like to make things up to fit whatever they want to think.

Also if a person did not play Classic 2019 and never would have played a fresh anyway (not you because I don’t know what you played, but the other guy) it is highly arrogant to pretend to be the voice of those who would like it. A person who never wanted that does not fit the demographic of a person who would want a fresh Era, and does not even fit the demographic who Classic 2019 was for, and should not for even one second think that they can speak for those players. Everyone is different and that’s a good thing.

To be honest, Cata fresh servers would have been a pretty interesting idea, because, you know, full world revamp and questing, which nobody will do because you have leveled all your alts already.

He also may have been one of those “wall is no” players who said Classic should never exist. Based on the posts here.

He can’t speak for those who want this. He likes changes and things, that is ok IMO and I’m ok with him liking SoD. I’m not so much ok with the name calling or the speaking for people who don’t play for the reasons he does.

As I’ve said to you before I’m not sure if a “Fresh 2019” or even a fresh Era > TBC > Wrath will ever happen, but I do know there are people who would play.

1 Like

You mean in the middle of TBC after people just finished classic vanilla? Yeah, that was going to go over well with that amazing timing lmfao.

Isn’t hardcore exactly what you want?

Can’t be fresher than that. Leveling zones active, etc.

Come on. Do you actually believe these thing are it? Really? Really?

It’s just not fun. Come on. Stop the cap. Stop the cap. Vanilla is just not a fun game to play in modern day.

I know these are the reasons. It’s irrelevant that you, as someone who did not play SoM, thinks otherwise.

This may surprise you and I’m sorry that you were never taught it, but different people like different things. You don’t like Vanilla, some people do like Vanilla. You like to play video games, some people do not like to play video games. Etc.

I’m not going to bother to reply to you again because when someone shows that they only want to argue and they not want to understand other perspectives, there is no point. I’m glad you’re having fun with SoD.

So am I.

:blush:

Yes please, quarantine the classic andys away from everyone else and let the rest of the game flourish.

DOA after playing sod. no one will want to go back to a 70% unfinished game. 1-2 weeks max, until people would stop playing. kek

with that being said. i think they should release them still. every version of wow that we have played since 2019 should have atleast 1 fresh server every so often. i miss tbc ;( i would seriously play even if it had like 100 people

Survivor bias rearing its head. Why do you think Classic players would be subbed right now?

1 Like

what about… the evidence that is the success of 2019… :expressionless:

1 Like

SoD really feels designed for people who want retail, but are bad at the game. There’s been a lot of retail players badmouthing GDKP over the last couple expacs who’ve never seen an AoTC they didn’t pay for and it’s starting to make sense. Especially considering most of the OG 2019 playerbase is gone.

1 Like

Tbh retail has been great post SoD. Most of the bads who brick your keys or don’t know how to LoS in shuffle disappeared lmao.

Yeah honestly for me it’s a wonder that people could play the base game again. Back when Vanilla was a thing I was either playing EQ or DAoC to get my MMO fix. Shoutout to DAoC for actually doing PvP the right way. I’m glad I got to experience Classic in a way that was far more focused than my initial go. The progression, the raids, but as time went on and I learned the meta it just became so one dimensional.

Your tank is just another brown boi in defensive stance. You bring a single druid, 1 or 2 warlocks, 5 mages and blah blah blah. Can you do it with other things? Yes of course but this isn’t 2004 and people don’t play games like that anymore.

The fun has been optimized right out of the game.

Enter SoD. A completely unknown experience from start to finish. I don’t really care how any of the class changes are affecting PvP since WoW PvP is abhorrent and should die a slow miserable death. I don’t really care that things are sometimes balanced weirdly in a way I may disagree with because no matter what is going on, it’s a new experience in a 20 year old video game.

I feel like everyone here complaining about balance should have known off the jump that we are all playing an experimental version of the game. I don’t know why everyone takes all this stuff so seriously. It’s a literal free version of the base game.

Could anyone have guessed 5 or 6 years ago we’d have gotten 3 different versions of Classic? Doubt it.

SoD feels like it’s designed for people who want a different experience and prefer not to play a bad version of the game. Like retail for instance. Booo retail. :wink:

God I miss MMORPGs before WoW.
Good video I made on the history of the MMORPG market.

> Blockquote

The below items seem to fall under the above statement, but in more specific detail.

1. They skipped 3 months of PvP having no advancement and no gear. (It was originally End of Aug to beginning of Nov 2019 before Honor System was added)
    Was that critical? IIRC, as I was there, they had to add in BGs sooner than expected because players were PvP grinding whole zones due to the lack of the BGs. (I remember felwood not being a particularly fun place to be for days at a time.)
  2. The removal of the 20% decay made PvP gear easier/faster to get (it didn’t make it better gear) The player base, being “path of least resistance” types, decided that PvP gear was the better bet for Bis/Pre-Bis.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure Warlord Gear was technically available as soon as the Honor System was added. I recall starting out as a Grunt on Nov 14th.

Indeed, hence they needed to add the BGs 2 months early. (SoM skipped that problem.)

The below items fall under the above quote, just in more specific detail.

Classic, being a solved game, is extremely easy by comparison, to the point of players’ goals not being to just down the bosses for the loot, achievement, and experience- but to down the bosses with the highest performance percentage to show off.

At least for me, a game is considered easy and no longer a challenge once the meta is not used for beating it in the first place, but beating it faster and with better personal performance than others.
(Like Diablo 3 Ladder Characters…)

At this point, wow classic is akin to Super Mario speedruns. Very niche, within a comparatively niche Genre.

The below items weren’t under the umbrella of my statement, but I also don’t have a lot of stock in them.

This was true in 2019 Classic as well. (And arguably even more punishing in 2019 because of the weekly decay.)

Due to lack of specificity, I’m assuming you’re talking about he dungeons no longer being AoE farmable by frost mages.

1. This one comes down to personal taste.
    I have a distaste for resource gathering systems that are just gaming the ancient mechanics…similar to Pokemon Gameboy speedrunners that have to glitch a certain pixel to have a chance at the speedrun record.

2. It gains personal gold but:
    A: In the case of ZF graveyard farming, it didn’t really do anything for the economy- it was just the mage mining for gold and inflating the economy. (Not selling a service or a good.) It’s the bot gold inflation problem, but skipping the middleman and RMT.
    B: In the case of Mages selling Dungeon grind carries, it was a driver of RMT gold, it absolutely was. (Much like GDKP.) The prices mages were charging for Mara carries and such would’ve taken longer to grind up the gold than it would have to just level the character via quests or dungeons. (I had a SoM character to play with a friend who missed most of wow classic, I just wasn’t that interested in classic anymore after having played it.)

I don’t know how well this argument holds up since people are asking for 12 month season runs of regular classic, which sounds like they want speed runs they can do back to back…but maybe I’m reading too much into that.

Pretty sure they had that many servers because they anticipated a lot more demand for it.
I’ve noticed since then that they release “too few” servers and then open up more as they become too full. (SoD being a conspicuous example.)

The one item I will grant is the case of the “double nerf” that blizzard seems really good at.

Example A: (SoD)
Making WoE Require a shield to prevent Dual wield massive damage tank (Good), and simultaneously nerfing Rockbiter into the ground…nuking Shaman Raid Tank (Bad).

Example B: (SoM):
Nerfing the Mage gold mining (Good)
Making the raids more often require consumes that gold mining was looking to pay for. (Bad, at least in regards to the economy. They could’ve made farming alts
to make their own consumes, but that gets messier on a PvP server when compared to farming your personal instance in peace.)

TL;DR, my characterization was not inaccurate, just not as specific or holistic.

It’s the same 20 people here that keep asking for fresh. I’d like to see how popular it would actually be past the initial boom. I’m sure it’d be popular for a week or two but what good is a server if there’s 5 people online to fill a 40 man raid?

Maybe I’m delusional but I don’t think a fresh classic server would be any where near as popular as 2019 classic past the initial launch.

1 Like