SoD is not classic, thats why we need fresh

So you’re gonna hand wave any success of a game that’s been active for 15 years as circumstantial and fleeting?

You’re wrong, and I think you know it.

2 Likes

Lmaoooo based on what? IFPro?

Correct. She’s basically the big boss and only answers to John Hight.

Everything. Raid participation metrics, search interest, logs.

Wait, do you think Classic isn’t dead? lol. SoD is the only living / successful Classic product. Why do you think Cata is selling for 80$ for 1 year of content patches? They’re trying to milk what’s left.

Give me your point a and point b.

If you’re comparing population at launch against population now, I don’t think I need to explain to you why that’s a bonehead comparison.

That’s fair and I respect your perspective on SoD. Thanks for explaining it.

I know people are enjoying it, but I also think that there’s a market for Fresh “Era”.

I think that these forums would be a lot better if people were more open minded to other perspectives, instead of doing the bashing and name calling thing.

2 Likes

You’re not gonna compare 2019 pop against current Era pop and stack it against a comparison of SoD p1 pop against SoD p3 pop to say that SoD > Vanilla, and then leave are you?

I’m not even sure what you’re trying to argue at this point.

Answer the question. What are you actually comparing?

It’s actually genius business. A good portion of the retail fanbase is straight up collection junkies, releasing old expacs with fancy mounts that transfer to retail is basically printing free money.

Even if they barely touch cata end game they’ll spend 60 for the cool mount in the collection tab and the free boost to give cata a shot.

1 Like

I guess the answer then is that yes I am going to leave it at that, as I have no idea what you are trying to even argue. Apparently you’re offended to hear that NoChanges Classic is dead or something, I can’t quite tell what you’re on about.

Can’t kill what never existed.

I don’t even need to wait for the clarification.

You’re quantifying attrition by comparing the population of Classic on launch (4million characters created) against the current Era population, and by comparing the population of SoD on launch (2 million, according to you) against the current SoD population (~500k according to you, but actually 182k).

You’re using this comparison to try to say SoD has more staying power than Vanilla.
You’re comparing a progressive server in one of its early phases against a game that has been out of progression for longer than its servers have existed.
You’re comparing five year old servers against five month old servers.

To invalidate fresh, btw.

This is what we call a concession.

1 Like

I’ll be real people are going to enjoy what they like. SoD might not be for people who want Classic + but there is still 182k players enjoying it.

Mootwos been a level head on the Classic forums since this Classic adventure started 5 years ago. Maybe we should all take her advice.

Right now WoW is in a good place. Dragonflight is a top tier expac the World Soul Saga is shaping up to be a second “glory age” for retail, classic players have era, cata, and a beta that will likely spawn new seasonal or maybe a classic plus.

Turtle is doing amazing, Epoch is looking like a true Classic+ model as well.

As a WoW enjoyer right now is a pretty good time in the games history.

Also Plunderstorm+MoP remix showing that the new post Microsoft team is actually willing to try fun new stuff.

1 Like

That’s perfectly fine. I’m calling out the sneaky apples to oranges comparison that’s so bad they’ve basically admitted that they are either arguing in bad faith, or should never be taken seriously by anyone.

I should call her.

40 man Karazhan is supposed to drop this summer good time to join. They’re working on a 40 man grim batol as well as a new profession to go with survival and new spec based sets.
They’re prepping for a non Outlands 2.0

this… what if we want a finished game and not all this constant fixing/updating/nerfing/buffing :roll_eyes: we want fresh

1 Like

I will never play with :turtle: . Never :expressionless:

I enjoyed hardcore there, but never dabbled end game

SoM bombed. I didn’t follow Classic/Eta but I’m sure Classic launched fresh servers during Classic’s run. Truth is, Classic is kind of :poop: and it’s dead so I’m not going to search the Jedi Archive when it literally does not matter what I say, you will just say “but now people are ready to come back” with literally no backing other than a gut feeling.

Yes, I’m saying a product designed to keep evolving has longer legs than something stagnant and dead. I do not believe that fresh would do anything of note now when they’ve “freshed” multiple times with no effect.