SOD Account Restrictions: how can Blizzard help new players who are affected?

If this solution is going to work then I am all for it. I just wish RUNES were not locked behind the AH/trading. How is a Priest expected to get dispersion/despair/supply box rep runes? Being locked out of a aoe/dot crit/dispersion prohibits you from content. It’s insane that we are forced to wait 30 days for doing nothing wrong. I don’t understand why the PERSON behind these bot accounts are still allowed to even play. Just ban them from the game, people can’t change their names/get new credit cards forever

1 Like

HC skull rock.
Some users (my sister) are still unable to use ah mail or trade.

Blizz, please give us daily updates at least.
Silence is awful.
Is Blizz financially unable serve its users?
Is Blizz unable to staff their products?

Blizz, please fix.

We HAVE been asking. And they just keep shelling out the same copy paste “Looks like your account is less than 30 days old” crap instead of talking to the customers.

1 Like

Charge Backs. That’s not exactly “asking” … but.

1 Like

The problem with Blizzard and this rings true with almost every facet of the game since vanilla WoW. Is Paradoxically, every time they try to “fix” something they make something else exponentially worse.

They need to do the harder thing and grind out the bot reports instead of passing the accountability on to the non violating end user.

6 Likes

But see, that would require them to spend MONEY, and we all know if there’s one thing Blizz loves, it’s definitely money. Specifically keeping it, and not reinvesting it back into the game in the form of GM’s and moderation.

3 Likes

On a game that costs money to play. Call me crazy, but that seems completely fine to me.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

With a straight face, no laughing, I want you to tell me that you think that Blizzard will ever have a GM team like they did when WoW first came out, or anything even comparable.

I’ll be here waiting for you to get back from the hospital for that busted gut. :laughing:

Why? And what does that have to do with anything? If you’d like to change the topic or make random demands on people in threads on WoW forums, go ahead.

But who cares?

New / alt accounts cannot access the economy is crazy. Imagine having to vendor all valuable drops, not being able to buy green items to level…Can’t buy mats, quest items at all.

5 Likes

Because if their excuse is this is to combat RMT/Botting (which if it is, this is a provably flawed tactic, as it doesn’t work), then they would better be served by reinvesting in the game and hiring people to actually monitor the game, instead of just blanket denying new accounts privileges that were/are advertised as premium functions.

That’s not changing the subject at all. That is offering a solution, which has been put forward, A MILLION TIMES, because it would solve a TON of issues, NOT JUST BOTTING.

But Blizzard refuses to acknowledge this fact, so we’re stuck with “sucks to sucks, can’t get your money back, neener neener neener.”

2 Likes

I don’t have to imagine it. I’m doing it with my druid right now on Lone Wolf and it’s awful.

1 Like

Who cares? They are a company, and they charge for a service. If there are complaints that those who are not paying do not have access to the same services that those who are paying have, I sure don’t care.

I have a question, so my account isn’t new, I’ve bought wow expansions up to shadowlands, currently my account in SOD is restricted to trading, mail, and ah purchases. Is this a bug or was my account selected for another reason, I just came back after a year long hiatus and was able to trade, mail, and use the ah, when phase 3 dropped, is when I was restricted. I’ve done the log off for 12 hours, still restricted, and opened multiple tickets, with automated responses saying my account must be new when its not. Any help would be appreciated.

Dude, I did pay for the service, and I still can’t access these things, on Era or SoD. It is actively affecting ME. And hundreds, if not thousand of other players. If it’s not affecting YOU then why are bothering to even discuss it?

This is a thread to discuss the PROBLEM and find a SOLUTION (crazy concept). Not for you to vent about how “WAAAAAAH PEOPLE COMPLAIN TO) MUCH, SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT, IT DOESN’T EFFECT ME, WAAAAAAH.”

Because I surely do care when it’s my game being affected.

Well that sucks. Have you opened a ticket and/or posted in the Customer Support forums?

This is the general discussion forums for Season of Discovery, I’m here having some general discussion.

Now look, I get that you may be upset and having a rough time, and it’s quite possible that you’re having a bunch of conversations with other people at the same time, and think I’m saying something that I’m not intending to say or vice versa.

I think it’s fine that there are account restrictions for players who have never paid for the game. That’s all I’m saying.

If you have some issues with your account, or access to services then good luck resolving them!

this might be a hot take but this change is trash

2 Likes

Best way to show anger with these changes would be to BUY GOLD from the bots blizzard is trying to disrupt while affecting new players. After all why grind for hours (wasting your time) (blizzard is wasting yours) when you can buy 100g for $9 or 200g for $14? Not that I know btw.

1 Like

Can you explain why you think this is okay? I’m new, been playing for two weeks. This change is HORRIBLE for my gameplay experience. I’m toughing it out for another two weeks but I’m sure a lot of new players are just outright quitting the game from this.

4 Likes

Zero growth mmo surely this works out well for blizzard

2 Likes