So... you're gonna keep rewarding the 1%?

It’s almost like the game hasn’t been out for 18 years and player attrition isn’t a thing. How long did New World last?

1 Like

didn’t Amazon have another failed mmo?

Can someone explain to me why so many casual players feel they have authority to speak on content they do not participate in? The amount of threads we see every week with titles like “Delete m+ and mythic raiding” are too numerous to count, all authored by players who have never stepped foot in that content.

And yet I have never seen a single thread by a high M+ player or mythic raider advocating for the deletion of pet battles or other casual content.

It’s entitlement right? Like the feeling that because you pay a sub that no one deserves to be able to do anything you don’t like/can’t do.

Really struggling on this one.

2 Likes

It’s content they don’t want to participate in, in order to remain “relevant.”

Same reason why I’m happy that Blizzard nerfed the importance of LFR.

Kind of irrelevant. Blizzard is still actively putting in the time to develop more new player-focused experiences and has gone to great lengths to make that experience as smooth as possible, from the new starting zone, the level squish w/ Chromie Time, and locking new players to BfA so that the story in Shadowlands isn’t entirely lost on them.

Obviously, Blizzard still sees opportunity in WoW to grow so we should approach it from that standpoint.

1 Like

New world is growing again.

Can you say the same for wow.

90 percent customer base lost.

wElFaRe gEar
DelEtE LFR
traSH CasUals

I’m sure you are totally made some of those posts

1 Like

New World will remain “dead” just like Everquest.

Don’t you know? That one has the super power to know more about what’s happening inside your head than you do.

1 Like

So are other games like New World or Valheim, or any other MMORPG. The fact is that it is very difficult to gain players after initial hype/launch.

It won’t ever reach anywhere near its peak. Just because a new patch was released and some players came back to see what it involves does not mean the growth is meaningful.

WoW sold over 3.7 million copies on launch day for Shadowlands. So yes we can say the same. Also, where are you getting 90% from? Post your primary source because Blizzard does not publish MAU data.

But dude, they gained 8k players in September!

Ok so they lost around 380k since launch from a total of around 410k, but that’s fine! WoW Killer for sure!

Dude, this graphic bro, New World is top S-tier gaming :

1 Like

I can answer this real easily:

Casual content doesn’t (or at least shouldn’t) affect the experience of someone who pushes M+ and raid progression.

Whereas casual content for years now has been designed to funnel players into endgame content rather than being designed to stand on its own.

If pet battles were a requirement to kill the Jailer, you’d probably see an equal amount of people getting frustrated with Blizzard’s design choices.

As far as we know, FFXIV has hardly ever stagnated. It’s been such a proven success for Squeenix that they tasked Yoshi P with the next mainline FF title. It saw growth last year despite being nearly 10 years old, and said growth has bled into this year by what Squeenix’s fiscal reports state.

Valheim is still in early access. It’s difficult to keep momentum for a game that’s unfinished. Most games in early access die in hype, which is then revitalized down the road when the full release hits. We can’t say for certain if Valheim will retain that popularity until the full release.

I’ll give you New World, but it is worth mentioning that New World’s player count has been increasing over the last month. It remains to be seen if it will keep that momentum, but much of the PTR feedback has been wildly positive.

I agree with you to an extent, but for a game like WoW, keeping momentum and interest shouldn’t be hard at all.

Market saturation. Have you heard of pyramid schemes?

I mean WoW’s primary form of progression is gear, and always has been. So I can’t say it’s terribly surprising that the game attempts to funnel players into end game content. But I think my broader points is that you don’t HAVE to do this content. You don’t need even remotely decent gear to do much of the more casual content that this game offers. You don’t HAVE to step foot into raids or dungeons if you don’t like that content.

The content exists for those that want it, and the fact that people are loudly and actively advocating for it’s deletion is really disheartening.

This. Blizzard needs to acknowledge that their game has several sizable player groups and make loot and rewards for EACH kind of player. If they want more players, they have to make rewarding content for more players.

Also: An MMO is always better with a variety of types of people in it. It feels like a real world when you have lots of people doing all kinds of different things.

The problem is the group who wants the best gear for doing nothing is not productive to satisfy.

Link to any? :3 Especially weekly?

I don’t know, as proven I’m actually ahead of you and quite a few others that defend keeping ‘the best gear’ locked to only two pieces of content.

Really? Dare I say, The amount of threads we see every week with titles like “Delete pet battles and casual content" or “Remove LFR” “Remove LFD” are quite high!

From raiders and people that run M+? Yes.

Is that steam store? If so, can we effectively say WoW has zero players because it’s not there?

Mm, no I didn’t. Should probably source your claims, sometime!

Fun fact.

60% of the player base had at least one boss kill in 9.2.

The mythic ce rate is about 2% but that doesn’t factor in the people that don’t get ce.

X doubt. You lied about your main before.

Fun fact, going off that apparently Classic has around 20 mil players lol. (Your data set is flawed, fyi)