So... you're gonna keep rewarding the 1%?

Newsflash, the 1% aren’t keeping your game alive. It’s the casuals that keep this game on life support.

Here’s who will have stuff to do in DF:

• hardcore PvPers
  • hardcore raiders/m+ who are already in a good guild

If you are either:

• casual player who enjoys open world content
  • adult with a job/family who doesn’t play 10 hours a day
  • solo player

then there is NO room for you in Dragonflight. Blizzard insists on pushing their sad “esports” agenda and couldn’t care less about casual gameplay. The recent nerf to open world progression confirms that they have learned absolutely nothing.

They actually literally do not know their playerbase or target audience.

268 Likes

What about Adults with a job, family and friends who don’t play 10 hours a day yet somehow still run M+ and Raids each week?

I think I average about 10 to 12 hours a week and don’t feel left out of any end game activities.

78 Likes

Name checks out.

22 Likes

More players being solo/uber casual players than raiders/key pushers isn’t a good reason to arbitrarily throw inflated rewards on content that doesn’t require any effort.

Casuals can be casual and also not have to have the same gear as the people no-lifeing the game who have KSM and AotC week 1-2 of a patch.

Not sure why that’s hard to swallow for some folks.

(note: I say this as a pleb. I don’t even go for AOTC anymore, and I only got KSM once in BfA.)

All of that said, I do think world content is lacking heavily. Like, in terms of gameplay, regardless of the rewards. I think it’s awful fluff for the most part. I’d like the world to be a lot more engaging.

But I also feel like that’s a problem in literally every single MMORPG and I don’t have any solutions that don’t cause more problems.

33 Likes

Your point is?.. “gibe free lewt?”
What is the necessity here? What blizzards take away from you that’s not letting you play this game (except two shot every mob and be able to tank elites rare forever alone)?

17 Likes

If the people you talk about are casual it may take them a bit longer to reach the end, ya know before blizz will add a few more things

I’m not too worried about open world loot, but i really do think they should cut back on confusing currencies. What are there, like 15 currencies to grind in shadowlands? This is beyond stupid progrsmming.

In vanilla only 1% were into top raids and they were special with their gear, but no one really cared because there were so few, but now they drove away casual players with stupid mechanics and currencies that just take too much time to learn and are not fun content.

Now the game is mainly for what we used to call the 1%.

39 Likes

News flash, rewards going all the way to the 1% is a good thing.

Why do people only complain about M+ loot being moved to +20s when mythic raid has already been gated behind the top players?

Additionally, do you realize that Blizzard makes more money from tokens from hard core raiders and key pushers who need to constantly supply consumables?

You people in GD keep claiming that “casuals” pay the bills, based on what?

Clearly Blizzard has the data and statistics we don’t have access to and is leading them in this particular direction. Whether you like it or not.

16 Likes

You think this game is on life support? bro even with this game losing more then half of it subs, it’s still with-in the top 3 mmo’s.

8 Likes

In fairness, we literally do not know where it stands. At all. No data people toss around is accurate.

It’s probably true (even if you were to specifically say #1 or #2, tbh), but it’s just conjecture at this point.

8 Likes

Same boat I’m in. Wow can’t be my life anymore but I still find enjoyment from it during my down time.

3 Likes

Why would Blizzard design the game around players who choose to ignore most of it?

19 Likes

Go play any other mmo and you will see. you don’t need numbers to see it’s still top 3

5 Likes

Show me your source for your claim. Show me that WoW is on life support too while you’re at it.

Let’s see it.

7 Likes

Trust that we all know they don’t know their playerbase.And we all know not every one on forums knows the entire playerbase and what they preffer to do in game.I love how people pretend they do.

Now with that said, with all my toons and being casual I’ve done just fine with open world SL and will continue to do the same with DF.

With that said I play less than 5 hours a day,retired.solo 90% of the time with no issue other than getting to exhuberant and pulling more than I chew now and then.

Everyone is being rewarded, just they are being rewarded based upon content they are doing.

11 Likes

For many, herein lies the issue. Warcraft used to be both a vast open-world game with instanced content. Now we get a few new zones every couple of years with the majority of dev time going toward increasingly difficult and complex raid content. I don’t speak for OP, but I would suggest they are probably asking for a balance between the two to return to the game.

43 Likes

No. They’re asking for BiS gear for being a frog in Zerith Mortis and basing their absurd demands on absurd claims and statistics with absolutely zero basis in reality.

4 Likes

I don’t think you can run endgame activities at level 45. :3

One can say that, but you can get runs through raids or M+ so that doesn’t specifically require any effort on your part either.

I’m sure, wonder what they use all that gold that they sell boosts for :thinking:

I’m sure that’s been going well, mmhm. With a lead dev who never actually worked on developing games, but was just a lawyer. Yep!

Lower unique participation in basically all forms of content, definitely points towards a lowering of active players even for ‘end game’ content.

3 Likes

I’m actually one of the casuals, and I’m glad we’re back to basics in Dragonflight. It’s healthy for the game to not have constant progression going. It gives time to appreciate side content, professions, alts, other games. And there’s going to be a lot of side content from what I heard.

The thing with solo stuff, is that it becomes a common denominator if it’s too good. At least with group content, you can find excuse that you didn’t find the group. But if powerful solo gear rewards are right there to grab the whole gear economy forms on top of that. Suddenly it becomes a mandatory step, suddenly requirements to get into groups increase. Suddenly low level group content gets devalued, because you can step over it doing stuff solo.

I’m actually kind of glad that LFR is once again a rewarding experience in relative terms, because now I can play a healer spec. Solo content is really a “solo DPS content”.

5 Likes