So... you're gonna keep rewarding the 1%?

Or you could go play some game that gives great rewards for doing trivial stuff. Maybe Cookie Clicker would be enjoyable.

Because that game has never been World of Warcraft.

1 Like

Isn’t it telling that I want a compromise that satisfies what we both want out of this game, and you want me to leave and play something else? Why even bother further debating you then?

2 Likes

In regards to the first post upon this thread…

I plan to be a crafter, who tends to be a solo player, and I imagine there will be enough to do as for what I want to do. Gear progression is no longer an interest of mine above anything Heroic Dungeon and perhaps LFR maybe.

However with that said if the expansion should be found falling short with what I want to do, then I shall simply move on to other games fer a time. I find more joy in low level areas, helping other players with stuff, and crafting gear as well as gadgets and gizmos.

Regardless though I still hope anyone that should journey in Dragonflight finds enjoyment in that which they choose to do.

Just my two coppers.

3 Likes

You want World of Warcraft to be something it has never been in 18 years.

Why are you even here if you hate what World of Warcraft has always been?

That’s what a bunch of us don’t understand.

5 Likes

Because games evolve over time. Do you truly think WoW has been the same game for 18 years? If that is true, why even bother bringing back Classic?

And no, WoW has not always been what you claim it has been. You even said in another thread that Korthia gave Normal raid level gear. You literally admit that it wasn’t like that recently.

1 Like

I think what annoys people more than anything is the sheer power gap between the top and the bottom rather than the fact that lower tiers of content give lower tier rewards. The gap doesn’t have to be cavernous, it can be like back in Vanilla where in battlegrounds a skilled player with a well chosen set of dungeon blues and ZG epics could hold their own against a mediocre raider decked in Tier 2. Everybody can get rewards appropriate for their efforts with much smaller power differences between tiers.

But yeah, world content does need more attention than it gets. The investment put into it is not remotely proportionate to the level of participation it gets.

2 Likes

Here is the big issue with this. There is no amount of gear you can throw at the lower end of the player base that will not still have them put in the dirt by better players.

The gap between the top end and bottom end has grown not because of gear, it grew because the top end got much much better than the bottom end, who largely never improved.

2 Likes

The thing is, even with “raid or die” or a lack of progression outside of dungeons and raids, there was still interesting content to do.

Vanilla had the activities in Silithis and EPL
BC had IQD
Wrath had the Argent Tourny and Wintergrasp
Cata had Tol"barad and the Molten Front
Mop had Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants and Timless Isle as well as invasion
WoD…flopped in this department
Legion had the Mage Tower, invasions, the class halls, Broken Shore and Argus
BFA had incursions and visions
SL had the Maw, Korthis, and ZM

The issue I see is Blizzard hit the jackpot in a past expansion then messed up on why it did so well when they did a later form, like Timeless Isle was great, but ZM/Korthis, which were likely inspired by Timeless, were not as popular.

4 Likes

And all the rares/toys/mounts in the 4 starting zones.

And all the stuff for the special covenant features (which is a huge amount).

And Torghast.

And even for Korthia, there’s a lot there that people don’t even know about. How many of the “we need more content” folks have all 4 special covenant mounts from Korthia? Or all 5 covenant transmog sets? Most people don’t even know these things exist.

:rofl: I am only chiming in here to give you props for this. Well done lol

1 Like

Shadowlands has a ridiculous amount of collectibles, but they gated everything do hard it turned a, lot of people off.

The double currencies was just too much

3 Likes

I’m not even talking about the stuff off the vendors. The stuff I’m referring to is all free (if you do the content).

The what now?

Those players wouldn’t ignore most of it if the content focus shifted to more to non-instances progression.

1 Like

Only reason I did not count Torghast is cause it was supposed to be the successor to visions, yet we got a no gear, worthless, easy version so people would not feel forced to do it. Sure, the cosmetic rewards were interesting, but it was a boring snooze fest for quite a few beyond what was needed for legos and it lacked progression within that enabled people to just run it and reach the higher layers without needing to do raid or M+.

How would they unless they use sites like WoWhead or download addons that show such? All people see without such is the gear. It might not take much, but even a covenant NPC speaking about the lord of the flies, or a masterwork gargoyle that was stolen/captured/wounded would likely clue people in to such existing in game.

2 Likes

Lol :dracthyr_tea: The datamined armor options for the dragons don’t look all that special. I have always preferred mounts with simpler looks vs. having a bunch of chunky armor. So, the simple saddles and tack will be just fine for me.

The best dragonriding customizations are the ones that actually alter the fundamental appearance of your dragon imo. So, things like skin color, pattern, horns, face shape, etc. And it seems like the majority of that stuff will come from open world content. For example, want a black dragon? Then you’ll need to grind rep with the Valdrakken Accord and specifically participate in Black Dragonflight activities.

5 Likes

at some point it does need to stop being a thing.
not allot of folks are watching it. i see it often sub 100 viewers.

1 Like

These threads will never be taken seriously, because the people like the OP who complain are not honest.

Hard to have a meaningful dialogue or give meaningful feedback if you are not willing to be rational.

2 Likes

Sadly, threads like this are also the only ones that seem to get much attention when it comes to requests for content.

This is what leads the ones that actually do said content, or want more content in general (because they do the content) to being lumped in with the ones that just want gear.

If you want more content, better make sure you have the content done, and if posting on an alt, forget it as that will likely mean you don’t have the content done.

The person asked for rewards. Not content.

The “casual” player gets the most content in WoW as it is.