So you double down on Torghast

Oh no. 4 more layers that I’ll ignore.

Love it or hate it it’s a major piece of this expansion. To think they aren’t gonna continue to update and expand upon it is rather naive if you are serious.

:clap: Metrics people! :clap: Metrics! :clap: Fun is to expensive just get those metrics out! :clap:

…hic!

Torgast is fun for me. Feels like an actual dungeon. Groups always tend to skip stuff. I get all the powers to myself! Ot just isnt rewarding enough after you get your legendary. Torgast should have a mode that gives competitive solo gear in the vault.

2 Likes

This really hasn’t been the case. Some say they don’t like it, and that thread get flooded with folks like me that actually enjoy the place.

We started in the maw, the jailer lives in the maw, how could you not see this coming? At least they are gonna let all of us mount, not just the layer 8 TC people, count your blessings.

3 Likes

I seriously hope they expand more on Torghast.

More layer does not seem promising at all.

But this is the earliest iteration.

Ya… I’m more for them trying to improve things like torghast… not just hitting delete when something doesn’t quite fit.

Torghast was LOVED during the beta. So clearly… something went wrong for the release version.

Honestly, what I think they need to do is let us get crazy powerful, add more floors, and add way more powers to let us make entirely different builds each time we go in there.

Oh, and put in more movement speed powers. One thing that really takes up time in there is simply travel time.

1 Like

I like Torghast, I just hate the reward structure. The content is great though.

I’d be interested to know how many people want to like Torghast for how it plays, but can’t be bothered to do it because it’s 1) a huge time sink and 2) extremely unrewarding.

Frankly I’m surprised it’s only 4 more layers. I would’ve lost that bet.

Going past 210 as a casual who doesn’t push Mythic’s is unnecessary and the soul ash cost to go from 210 upwards is not worth it.

it’s just again, the cost escalation is ridiculous like everything else in SL;

LVL 190: 1,250 (Achievable in 2 week of TG grind)
LVL 210: 750 (Achievable in 2nd week of TG grind)
LVL 225: 1,200 (+1 week)
LVL 235: 1,950 (+2 week)

The 225 and 235 jumps are massive. While it’s very quick and easy to get your lvl 2 legendary in 1-2 weeks of soul ash grinding.

Getting your 3rd level is 3+ weeks. Getting your 4th level takes 4 or more. (based on 1200 per week)

its an unnecessary timesync for little gain.

Level 3 and 4 need a nerf to the soul ash requirement for it to be wroth it for more of us casual players. otherwise, it’s completely irrelevant.

and to add: If you’re running multiple specs or builds, that means multiple pieces of gear. spending 1 month per piece of gear is not a reasonable amount of time for me and I assume, many other casuals. hence, leaving it at 190/210 and moving on

It will go the same way 9.0 went for me and a lot in my guild…get max level lego…then ignore for rest of patch…

1 Like

I’ll just do it and then forget it once I have what I need…just like now

It was said on blizzcon that they were adding more layers. Why is this a surprise

Count me in that number. I enjoy the gameplay but it’s just too much of a time investment for little reward right now. Hopefully they’ll be doing some to fix that in 9.1

1 Like

The weekly cap should’ve gone up instead of the max cap. I don’t know why people would need over 8k Soul Ash. I can see people in future patches complaining they have nothing to spend their 50k Soul Ash on.

My god. torghast isnt even bad its just boring because the build ramp up is so slow.

Grinding ash is a time gate but per week its like an hour investment if you join 2 grps to run the wings.

If youre trying to solo dont and join or start a grp its super puggable becuase you can straight line the floor bosses with the typical 5 man comp

Maizou doesnt do content that even requires a lego so they dont really care.

if they are adding new layers it means that the legendary cost will INCREASE… so people will be forced to run it if they want their legendary on going with the patch.

1 Like

I would love to see this ‘vast majority’. You have no idea who likes what across millions of players. Your few friends and GD don’t count as ‘the vast majority’. You come back with a poll of at least a million people and we will talk. Until then stop pushing your speculative rhetoric about what the community wants to further your own agenda.

1 Like

How is it a huge time sink? I can solo both wing 8s a week in about 30ish minutes each wing, maybe 15-20 each 8 if i go with a group.

That’s true. On the other hand, if they don’t change the currency you can start 9.1 ahead of the curve as long as they don’t change the currency.