So you double down on Torghast

…when the vast majority of players tell you that it’s unfun and we need other avenues to get legendaries.

Seems right. I’m seriously considering not resubbing until 9.3 at this point, which is historically when the dev team starts actually listening to players.

(For anyone unaware, there’s datamined stuff from 9.1 showing they’re adding Layers 9-12 in Torghast)

49 Likes

I’ll just do what I’m doing now. Ignoring it once i get my upgrade.

5 Likes

Fancy, I’m guessing the weekly Soul Ash cap will go up with the new layers

That’s the issue. With how much Soul Ash is needed, I’ll have ilvl190 legendaries and that’s it. I won’t upgrade them.

Especially with alts. I’m not about to run Torghast on 4+ characters to upgrade my legendaries past 190 on them.

1 Like

Are you really surprised that they’re adding layers? That’s the easiest “new” content to make.

16 Likes

More reasons to get more rewards in twisting Corridors!

And more soul ash

1 Like

You’re literally gimping yourself by doing that

Hard core raider, top gladiator, or even a casual that only does world quests you’re giving up free 235 gear

2 Likes

the gear is literally the opposite of free, definitely not worth the time for WQ characters

7 Likes

Of course they’re adding more layers. Did you really think they wouldn’t?

Just because you and a loud portion of these forums hate Torghast doesn’t mean everyone does. I’m personally pretty stoked to see what they add to it. It would have been asinine if they’d just abandoned it as it is at launch.

18 Likes

Good. They need to continue expanding on Torghast for those of us who don’t want to speed run dungeons or do rated pvp.

5 Likes

Honestly the only ones who seem to take enjoyment in Torghast seems to be the Rock-eating, Muscle-headed brutes; who takes an adrenaline rush from seeing their health dip up and down like a Yoyo.

6 Likes

“The majority agree with my opinion because I say so”

I’m all for more Torghast additions. I want a literal infinite mode.

14 Likes

Or… those of us that actually enjoy rougelike experiences and want Torghast to more like the better ones out there.

I really am keen to see what else new they put into it.

8 Likes

After reviewing the coming changes so far, it’s just fortified my decision to just not play anymore. Good luck to those who enjoy it. Best wishes to ya’s.

4 Likes

18 days left on my sub. Thought I try a new character. Made it to level 10 on a bm hunter and a ret pally. Can’t do it. I think about what I have to do at the end and I just log off.

19 Likes

Maybe they are aware it is not the vast majority, but rather a subset of players that complain about it on the forums.

I mean I don’t know if you are correct or incorrect, but… neither do you and that is the point.

6 Likes

Well, they tried island expeditions as well. Which was more or less a party version of torghast, with loot and mounts. Granted it was transmog stuff, but torghast has all the stick but none of the carrot.

9 Likes

How is it free? It costs soul ash that is capped in earnings each week. If it were free I would log in and it would be waiting for me in my mailbox.

2 Likes

I won’t disagree it could use more rewards (for tc at least), but any of us on here claiming “the majority of players…” anything is talking out of our hind end.

2 Likes

I’m just going to say that YOU DO speak for me on this. Thank you!

3 Likes