So why not just toss in Rated BGs?

You are already nearly killing arena with the changes you are implementing. Why not give us more things to do?

8 Likes

ill take RBG; like ya said they already murdered arena.

10 Likes

Geez you guys are dramatic.

7 Likes

As I’ve said before in other threads, RBGs would drastically improve my enjoyment of TBC. I really enjoy/prefer PVP that involves playing tactically and strategically. Premade vs premade BGs were some of the most fun I had in Classic. I don’t expect RBGs but it would be nice.

6 Likes

I do actually think it would add something to TBC pvp. At this point why not? It would take very little effort to enable RBGs. Just give rewards the same as 5’s no reason to make it complicated.

1 Like

Isn’t wrong though. Being forced to maintain rating to use purchased equipment with a rating requirement wasn’t how TBC arena worked.

Implementing this is going to put TBC arena into an identically self cannibalizing situation as retail arena just for different reasons. The bottom will drop out within a few weeks as the people who want weapons without doing arena nonstop quit playing and get their points from a different bracket. Probably 5s. When the bottom drops out, the upper tier will get matched against the middle and new bottom as the matchmaker struggles to find matches. Bottom gets FORCED out this time as they get matched against teams they’ll NEVER BEAT thanks to the weapon gatekeeping. Gatekeepers become the new bottom as the old one is cannibalized into extinction. Suddenly the upper tiers are so starved for games they start smurfing just to be able to play, further cannibalizing the lower ranks. Rinse and repeat from here. Word of mouth spreads and you are now in a self reinforcing feedback loop where your inevitable conclusion is that nobody new plays Arenas and a little more of the bottom is shaved off every few weeks.

And this says absolutely NOTHING about Boosters and Lossbotters in 2s and 3s.

Oh, and before you claim OH THAT WONT HAPPEN… that’s the exact downward spiral retail arena has been on since Cataclysm. Look where it’s at now. It’s just going to be a hundred times faster in TBC because people know it’s coming now.

2 Likes

This is not happening. They have already clarified this. you get the rating, you get the gear, then you drop below that rating and u can still use the gear.

Link to where that was done. I’ve seen nothing to that effect.

i will do a quick look, but im about to go to bed so im not looking for more than a few mins.

i wouldn’t lie about this. they said it was just how it was worded.

There are no rating requirements to wear the gear, just to purchase it. Even than the gear itself will be exclusive to the elites creating a deflated arena population.

ok i found it. didn’t take long.

i tried to post the link but it says i can’t post links. I will just copy and paste. it is on wowhead blue tracker. I just opened google and did a search for " blizzard clarifies rating being required to equip gear.

Blizzard

Maybe the post is worded incorrectly

It was indeed worded incorrectly.

I’ve struck the words “and equip” from this note: All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase.You don’t need to retain rating to equip an item, rating is only required to purchase it. I’ve also added the following PvP notes: At least 50 games played are required to qualify for a seasonal reward.There are no rating requirements to purchase Arena gear from a previous season.Season 1 gladiator weapons that were added in patch 2.1 (Gladiator’s Gavel, Gladiator…This is correct. During Season 2, there will no longer be a rating requirement to purchase Season 1 gear.

I would be all for RBGS i prefer objectives based gameplay over arena.

3 Likes

Im not one for many changes, but some new changes like rbgs would be amazing

1 Like

RBGs would be interesting. I always hated arena. I used to do it just for conquest so I could get a PvP set and then go into BGs where the actual fun PvP lives.

The arena system in TBCC not only sucks for casuals because of rating requirements on gear, I think it will suck horribly because of the team requirements and point allocation system.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/personal-arena-rating-should-be-for-buying-gear-only/954929/11

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/6

3 Likes

:+1:

Tencharas

RBG’s would be great. RBG’s were always some of the most fun PvP I ever had. and your meet so many good friends and pvp teammates.

BRING RBGS BLIZZARD NOW!

1 Like

Even back then I never understood why RBGs were never a thing in BC or Wotlk. I think it’d be a cool add

1 Like

The game was still in its infant stage in these 2 expansions. PvP did not really come fully alive until Cata/MOP. Those were 2 best PvP expansions.

Rated BGs in TBC would be acceptable, as long as you can’t earn PvP titles from doing it.

Then this just proves you read the very first thing from someone that wasn’t a true source of information and went with it thinking it was true and started complaining about it before putting an effort into making sure it’s correct.