So why is Stormwind allowed to occupy Durotar

Must be nice to ignore lore when it becomes too inconvinient.

You say, ignoring a ton of inconvenient lore in this thread.

9 Likes

Yes, you are.

Why do you think he likes them so much?

I’m begging to suspect he’s got fantasies he can’t act on in the real world and is projecting his own desires onto the alliance.

3 Likes

Care to share with the class how I’m ignoring lore by not ignoring the fact that Theramore was an active participant in the hostilities that ended up with its destruction?

8 Likes

I see nothing about genocide there. Nice lie, Zerde.

Said character got miffed when she used her city as a staging ground for military attacks against the Horde and got all prissy when the Horde responded to her aggression.

Theramore got what was coming to it, thanks to Jaina. At least the Horde was more noble than her and allowed evacuations. Typical of the Alliance to act dishonorably and callously, trying to murder sleeping babies because they were too cowardly for a proper assault and too cruel to allow for evacuations.

Even Sylvanas allowed the night elves to evacuate.

Sylvanas is more moral and honorable than Jaina.

7 Likes

You mean before or after the fire?
Even if conquering ashenvale they did allow the civllians to escape, that mercy didn’t exist for Teldrassil.

Jaina was crazy though, no one sane would deny that.

2 Likes

Why are you looking for info on their discussion on genocide when that statement was not related to it? I think you are losing it

1. said hostilities was only due to its needed to help its allies, the night elves fend off a genocidal take over of their lands. 2) it was an entire part of the Tides of War book that Garrosh wanted Theramore destroyed so he could focus on driving the night elves out.

Jaina was both traumatized and possibly suffering from after effects of the bomb. So she did have an insanity defend,the Horde not so much.

Well, since I’m in my Ultra Horde Patriot mode…

As soon as the Horde war machine started moving through Ashenvale, the end goal was obvious. Only the most blind person couldn’t see Sylvanas was aiming for Teldrassil. The night elves knew their forces were too far away to stop the Horde, so the obvious thing to do here is move civilians out of the way and off Teldrassil. Even if Ashenvale wasn’t a very convincing time to do that, as soon as they cross into Darkshore, the inevitable is clear.

If there were still civilians left on Teldrassil, that is a failure of night elf leadership. Best case scenario, you’re giving Sylvanas a treehouse worth of hostages, left to her already-well-known untender mercies. Worst case… Is what happened.

Sylvanas did a bad because Tyrande and Malfurion allowed it to happen through inaction. The deaths are as much on those two as they are on Sylvie.

Oh, because you’re the one claiming Garrosh was already declared guilty of genocide.

You forgot your own words again, didn’t you?

Thankfully, we already know you do not believe in mitigating circumstances. You’ve made that repeatedly clear in this very thread.

So Jaina is easily Warcraft’s biggest unkilled monster.

4 Likes

You can’t even keep track of your own arguments, you said numerous times now the Celestials found Garrosh guilty of genocide, yet Taran Zu never mentions genocide or accuses Garrosh of it

3 Likes

Is that another book retcon, as I remember in game the strikes in the Barrens possibly preceded the invasion of Ashenvale, but basically with cataclysm happening no one was really sure what happened first.

You mean he wanted to take the sensible course of turning a two front battle into a one front battle? the horror.

4 Likes

Seems like you are losing it. The quote I specifically was responding to had NOTHING talkin about genocide and how it was about Garrosh not being guilt, everyone already said he was guilty.

He wantes to be able to focus on his genocidal campaign on the night elves.

We know you lost it. You claimed SEVERAL Times now that the Celestials had infact found Garrosh guilty of genocide, there was no reason to bring up that quote unless you Thought it was a gotcha moment.

Try to keep your arguments coherent at least, if you can that is.

2 Likes

Your claims that Garrosh was already declared guilty of genocide was the exact context of our conversation.

You fail.
You just keep failing.

3 Likes

And he was, again all the trial was doing was figuring out what to do with Garrosh. He was already guilty of all the accusation. In fact, he literally admits to it at the end of the book.

1 Like

What campaign was that?

Because right now you just seem to be playing this game that if the horde is in a war that they are genociding no matter what. And that if an alliance character declares intent to commit genocide because they’re upset, then that doesn’t count no matter how close it came to happening.

5 Likes

Except no.

Also no. I already addressed what he actually said.

You’re just confusing your head canon with actual canon again because you got caught in lies.

Again.

4 Likes

At this point, I’m convinced he doesn’t know what genocide means.

Because it’s one of the few words in the English language that has a very strict meaning and there is a lot of criteria that must be met for something to be considered a genocide

5 Likes

It was. Taran literally says it.

Yes he did.

Genocide, the deliberate and systematic destruction of a group of people because of their ethnicity, nationality, religion, or race.

That is exactly what he wanted to. So yes it was a genocide attempt

But it’s very useful to up the ante on any horrible situation so it’s quite popular to use.

And why it was such a wonderful decision someone made to throw it into the faction conflict to describe a horrible event that could have been described in other terms to express horror without the same level of baggage attached.

5 Likes