So when the FFIXV fad dies down

Yeah that makes you kinda cringe then.

So be it.

I agree with dangerous creativity. I also agree with NOT censoring everything. I’m not three years old. And I’m also not a mormon. I can only hope the problem at HQ are overstated and not as big of a dragon as folks tell of.

2 Likes

Don’t forget this guy…

but the problem Blizzard instead of keeping those who remain, should see the moment to return them back to those who abandoned them.

Because Carbot for this video is not funny that he lets the company patent it and I’m afraid he will abandon us with some WoW video.

Yes, when the Heroic dungeons came out In SL. I would que up and the tanks would just leave. Because of the legendary. So everything you are saying Is making sense to me.

It’s a scary thought. When you Imagine a leadership team that uses their power to overrule the feedback from those who actually play the game.

If anything, I fear they might be understated. If we’re talking with regards to the California lawsuit, it can get much worse. Plaintiffs don’t usually tell you every single bit of evidence they have on you in their letter of intent. They give a brief bit, kind of hint they can back the claim up in court and leave it there. Actual evidence will be dropped in court that will probably make it a lot more damning.

As for the developers. . . well you have had one guy that isn’t a developer but represents the company publicly refer to Asmongold as an “a-hole” over twitter in response to a tweet from some literal who gender expert furry trying to encourage the XIV community to harass Asmongold off the game.

You had the other one a couple days ago that was retweeting something that was insulting a number of streamers who left.

There was the one that was involved briefly in the Mr. GM vs Pyromancer drama that was cheering him on for insulting Pyromancer then backed out when people pointed out they were cheering on a guy who was poking fun at presumed mental illnesses of a guy because he had a meltdown. Not a good look to signal boost someone who literally refers to stressed fans that quit as mentally ill.

Numerous other Blizzard employees privating their accounts after getting into heated exchanges with pissed off fans that they didn’t respond reasonably toward and made matters worse.

World of Warcraft rose to prominence by a perfect storm of events. WoW is also going to be ripped apart by another perfect storm of events.

5 Likes

FF has been around for a 8years really wouldn’t call that a fad. As well it sounds awfully like how EQ people talked about WoW.

However if people do come back which I’m sure some if not all of them do they really should be welcomed back. WoW isn’t really getting the players in droves anymore and losing the advertisement from the people is hurting more than people are willing to accept.

1 Like

i think its comical that you list a bunch of content creators who are “still playing the game”, yet half of those are uploading videos making fun of how bad the game, and some havent posted a video for over a month rofl

just goes to show you, the game is actually dying.

absolutely dead.

3 Likes

And then so shall It be. Or perhaps a cocoon for a new, unknown butterfly to grow.

I’ve been playing since 2018 and trust me, I couldn’t avoid learning about streamers. And while It’s In poor taste to call out popular people from across another website. Perhaps Asmongold Is an a-hole. I do remember him trying to get rid of my Vulpera from the game. Intolerant and racist. These things are true. But I don’t think he should be silenced. Just Ignored.

Dies down?

Unless Blizzard pulls a rabbit out of the hat here, nothing is going to bring players back in droves.

I’d be particularly surprised if they could pull it off with ze lawsuit still in the background.

Ah yes, the days when “WoW would never go anywhere with those graphics, it’s so cartoony who would find that appealing?!” Except now instead of “cartoony” we insert “weeb.”

It really is kind of mirroring the whole 2003-2004 EverQuest decline that led to WoW’s rise amusingly enough. EverQuest’s team managed the game into the dirt, influential people in the community got pissed off and started pushing a different game. Their games were basically dead the second WoW launched with the playerbases of EQ, DAOC, Shadowbane and UO citing the game would be dead in a month and they’d come crawling back any minute now. Hell, you even have the mirror of the developers basically yelling “Go on, we don’t need you anyway!” to two of their most influential players who led a massive exodus to WoW.

WoW is being managed into the dirt, influential people have left, a lot of players have left for what they see as greener pastures. The fact people who “will be back in a week, trust me guys” haven’t come back and are now in love with the game is making some people second guess if sticking with WoW was the right move.

Between all the cope, bargaining, shifting goalposts of when all the content creators are coming back, the fact content creators matter but apparently don’t but apparently now do based solely on what action they last took, and present buyer’s remorse on these forums from people who are starting to realize they are backing the losing horse and ultimately the white knighting in double time, yeah this is really beginning to look like the EQ forums the month of WoW launch.

6 Likes

You’re HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIOUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS!

that should be entered into the game, I say to an anime game, without being anime, something like avatar but that includes their skimpys armor.

Because how haggard Stormwind is that looks like a Disneyworld theme park to a bigger and better Castle city style like some of the cities seen in the FFXIV game.

And the dungeons, going back to the Dungeons problem (thanks the bad BfA expansion), do you want magictecnology, because they haven’t done with a better OST as seen in Alexander Dungeon.

Not Mechagon and Gnomeran, which has depicted it as a Trash Dungeon literally, I wish Goblins and Gnomes had decent dungeons like Mirmiron was in Ulduar and not.

One as a comedy, and the other as a serious boring toxic garbage as we see in both dungeons of the gnomes.

Streamers don’t determine my level of fun nor engagement.

1 Like

What’s also still trippy to me is that when that raid came out, the lyrics were presumed to just be random gibberish lyrics. Then when the raid actually concludes in its story you see the lyrics actually were telling you the story of the raid.

1 Like

Folks can play and go wherever they wish. I still play WoW. And I want It to be even better than It Is now. That’s my only hope. The “Influential people” are just bi-pedal apes behind a keyboard. Just like everyone else. So therefore, dramatically over exemplified as being Important.

Another post headed for the Off Topics forums. I

ah yes, my favorite copium-addled victim is here! How ya doin Knee?!

Don’t tell me, anyway I already told you, we are in BfA, what was in the past, stays in the past, you cannot make a vanilla dungeon knowing that Legion Dungeons were awesome, and different from other previous dungeons.

even WotLK Dungeons were excellent no matter how bad they were like the Occulus and Hall of the Reflection.

Really Gnomeran and Mechagon is bad, HORRIBLE, terrible dungeon design, not counting any Kul’tiras Dungeons, lack of creativity and design, devs really are boring and graceless people to show such dungeon crap.

and the only opportunity to give the name of dungeon gnomes to give a trippy style as you say, they have wasted a moment of only farm items or some bot in WTS carries +15 boost.

and don’t say you won’t, ESPECIALLY BLIZZARD with content from other MMO’s such as:

• Phantasy Star online 2 (yes it’s a JRPG)
  • Guildwars 2 (now for the Squish leveling)
  • Runescape
  • Elder Scroll 4
  • The Witcher ONE
  • Dragon Age origins.

I’m not saying that Blizzard is not 100%, but these versions or mechanics have made their game go GOLD.

That is why the only SOLUTION, but only as HOPE for WoW to revive itself from the popularity of bad decisions and to listen to the community that would not give positive to the game while ignoring others who had better ideas than their devs that they lack at least they play the game, because as for the co-leader to say that he plays the game himself, I see that these people only made the video game and nothing else.

Oh absolutely. I want WoW to do better than it is as well, not for my sake but mostly because while I hate the game, I do wish the players got better treatment. Just as I don’t really need to have any relation to China to say that what they do to their citizens is completely screwed up.

I mean, yeah but at the same time they have influence, most people don’t. Influence is a very powerful commodity. There’s a reason why every streamers always got preferential access to the alphas and betas in their earliest stages, because of that influence they had. If they were playing the game and making it look interesting it would do well when it came to sales.

Does it mean their opinions are always right? No, not at all. However it does mean that when they say something it’s probably worth looking into because odds are they aren’t just speaking for themselves. People haven’t figured out that a lot of streamers have their fanbases of people who agree with them on a myriad of issues and see them as their voice.

I’m not a fan of Asmongold personally, but I do share a lot of his viewpoints where it comes to WoW. So when I see him ask for something that I frankly would probably ask for as well, or suggest the game should be designed in a way I probably would also suggest and the developers respond negatively, I do also get that kind of gut punch.

Kind of like how I was actually aggravated when someone asked about Classic and Brack decided to give us the “You think you do, but you don’t.” quote as would anyone wanting Classic then because it felt like the developers actually mocking us. Only for it to then get piled on with “Remember that bug that really pissed you off? It’s still there.” when I then turned to laughter saying “It’s still in the game presently because you monkeys can’t bugfix for crap.”