So when the FFIXV fad dies down

And the content creators decide to come back to WoW.
Are you going to show them support?
Genuine question.
I, for one, hope FFXIV keeps Asmongold and his racist/homophobic fanbase honestly though.

3 Likes

It’s not a fad man, people have been enjoying the game for years. It’s been very successful. And yes that success is overshadowing WoW. I don’t see that changing.

44 Likes

IDK - If we’re stuck between choosing a racist/homophobic playerbase, or a sexist/misogynistic one, who really wins here?

4 Likes

Would love some links to all this racism and homophobia people talk about.

28 Likes

Proffer evidence beyond the shadow of doubt or else pinch thy slandering tongue.

15 Likes

Aye, can’t say I care either way. But I see It as most healthy that the betrayal has happened. Not for the sake of It. Rather the devs can learn to not listen to ego maniacs with a view count anymore.

3 Likes

I typically don’t watch the streamers. Sometimes I look up videos on a dungeon run here and there but that’s about it.

These people who are infatuated with them are pretty pathetic in my opinion.

18 Likes

If or when ff14 dies down, doesn’t mean they’ll return to wow. They’ll likely turn to different mmos as variety streamers and tubers.

3 Likes

It’s likely not a fad. Just as stars aligned to make WoW one of the biggest hits that ever was on the MMo market. stars have aligned to break it down. It started a bad expansion, then big streamers moving to final fantasy… then after that the big investigation being made public. It’s really hard to recover from a big thing like that. Maybe next expansion will pull some people back? That really depends on how happy the people are that left with the games they went to. If who ever took them in builds more trust with them then the WoW team did… It’s unlikely they will return.

14 Likes

??? Which is which exactly? XIV is neither of these. At worst you have gender restrictions on some items that they keep dialing back, now the bride dress can be worn by men and the tuxedo can be worn by women.

XIV’s LGBT crowd literally just swarmed Faerie as a server and made it the unofficial LGBT server, much like what Proudmoore is here. Datacenters constantly have events in Party Finder all through Pride month around the month and just in general.

Really not seeing where XIV is either racist/homophobic, or sexist/misogynistic.

12 Likes

ff14 is not a fad

its a far better game all around. Sorry, but the king has been dethroned.

15 Likes

because there is brothels and sexualization of women. Apparently these things are considered sexist. Even when it’s the women doing it themselves of their own free will. Feminism has fallen so far from what it once represented.

9 Likes

Wow or ff?

FF. It’s everywhere there. Not just moonguard.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing it for over 3 years, its been incredibly healthy and populated the entire time, and growing throughout my time playing. WoW being a dumpster fire didn’t make FFXIV, it was already made. All WoW sucking did was recently make FFXIV more popular than WoW is. It was already good and healthy in a long-term way before.

It’s hardly a ‘fad’.

12 Likes

It’s so ridiculous at this point I laugh at it most the time.

There is nothing wrong with sexy girls or guys in sexy outfits. Sexuality is great, and it sells. If someone is so sensitive and disturbed by this, they are going to be living a very traumatic and disappointing life.

24 Likes

Remember back when there was this entire feminist movement to not Shame. -can’t say the first word to this phrase- But apparently Shame is back. Because it’s feminist to do so.

4 Likes

“So when the FFIXV fad dies down”

Wow will be a decade gone, and FF20 will be taking 14s place. Or some number. Because their devs dont just look at it as a personal playground or a money maker. Yes, it is a business but that isnt their devs only goal.

7 Likes

well, snowflakes tend to do just that, which is why they moan and whine about changing the world to be softer on their fragile feelings.

2 Likes

I’m democrat and part of the gays, most would label me as a snowflake. It’s not about that.

Has nothing to do with politics people need to chill the f out and stop being offended by everything. All people on every side.

2 Likes