So, what's the problem with this event?

You just gave me flashbacks from camping j-boots for 3 days straight.

Wow…you realize that your potato pc and in-game settings have absolutely no relevance to the type of lag players are experiencing in this event. Your pc hardware or game settings would contribute to fps lag, meaning you are dropping frames, otherwise known as graphics lag. The pre-patch event is causing latency issues that are 100% server-side lag due to over congestion of the server network or poor hardware on Blizzards end.

1 Like

This is off topic but you two are so similar that I thought you were arguing with yourself at first glance.

1 Like

It seems a lot of the complaints are based on not being able to obtain gear at a faster pace. Complaints about timers, currency amounts and drops armor type are all based on this.

The idea of this being a story event in the game that is ramping up and leading to The War Within seems to not even matter. It’s not even a secondary concern.

The gear isn’t even high quality and once you finally have all most of it, the expansion is going to release and the new quest gear is going to be better. Since that is the case, what is causing the anger and frustration?

I don’t care one way or the other and hopefully there are adjustments so people can enjoy the event more, I just don’t get it.

2 Likes

almost 24 hours straight? are you kidding? do you have any idea how this event works?

Can I make a recommendation to everyone?

Stop judging people on eachother’s ability to play or not play and hours?

we’re all human (or orcs) and all have our own lives to live. the best games adjust and can give everyone the fun experience regardless of their personal time investment.

That’s where I think WoW is missing the plot in DF and this patch. Don’t hate on eachother for everyone’s own life experiences and requirements.

Call out Blizzard for not thinking through the implementation

What kind of potato? There are so many kinds… I like the Japanese purple ones the best.

:potato:

That is part of the gripe. It has historically been a fun little event to give away middling gear for alts and have some silly fun.

This isn’t that. It’s grind your face off for worthless trash.

3 Likes

Last night, Searing Gorge bugged out for me. We killed all the memory bubbles (whatever they’re called), waited for the boss to spawn… never happened. So that was a bit of a problem.

Lol, yeah. Similar colours and names. Definitely not similar opinions though. :upside_down_face:

that’s a legit complaint.

The issue with the event is that players spend more time waiting for the event to happen than actually doing the event. Then the mobs are so spread out and the rewards for killing them are almost non existent so it feels useless grinding them. On top of that if you were looking forward to level alts with the event, I am not seeing how that is possible with the timer. Blizzard tried to recreate the Legion event but this time decided to make it worst in every possible way. Something this grindy really was not needed.

Yeah, I see it as just a story point because I am not willing to grind like that.

Goes to event. Event bugs out and final boss doesn’t spawn. Have 90min wasted. Nice.

But it’s not a legit complaint when someone’s play schedule excludes them from being able to do the event at all?

I got my mount pretty quickly, and a couple trinkets… so that’s it for me. I might push for the heirloom ring. I do enjoy having the DW trinket back… never actually got it during Wrath :frowning:

if you only play one character you won’t even get enough for the pets and mount, its forcing you to use alts that some people might not want to do

Clearly you differ in opinion of this event and what we expect of WoW in this current era. We have both made our points. So I’ll respect your difference of opinion and maintain mine.

Yeah they really should have had the MoP remix end before prepatch started. A lot of people have alts stuck in remix that they could be doing this event with, but they’ll only get the tail end of it.

its a legit complaint because the game is broken. it’s not blizzards fault your schedule prevents you from doing the event.