So, what's the problem with this event?

because there’s absolutely no in-between… right?

do you call the cinema to complain when the movie isn’t screening at a time to suit you?
wait… i don’t think you need to answer that.

it’s not time gated.
like all other invasions, it’s going to ramp up.

how many characters are you farming with?

When everything you can do besides the boss event provides 2% of the amount of residual memories, then yes it is effectively time gated.

I did the weekly quests on 5 alts. I did more boss kills after that but stopped when I noticed that on a lot of them I was getting no reward, making it not worth the time.

I do wish there was a way to scrap or exchange irrelevant gear drops for currency. Maybe like the scrap machine from BfA

4 Likes

that would be awesome

I have only gotten leather gear drops.

I don’t have a single leveled leather user.

feels bad man

1 Like

What point are you arguing for here. There’s multiple previous pre-expansion events with rewards, fun play, and accessibility to the event that respect your play time. So after the beauty that was DF fixing some of the damage Shadowlands caused to that respect we had an expectation of what the “new” Blizz would do. Instead they chose to do this.

1 Like

LOL

Just LOL

So if we get drops of gear, we’re counting that as memories now?

Yeah, I’m gonna call this bait and move on.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t mind the event. I read the post on the launcher ahead of time, and it had all the info there including the spawn timers.

People asking where they got this idea while also praising DF… the idea is from DF. Rifts/Superbloom/Community Feast/Dreamsurge/etc…

people keep saying this, but don’t want to give specifics.

which events “respected your time”?

1 Like

really? the drops count as memories you don’t have to spend. I shouldn’t have to explain that to you.

This is just a convoluted way to say:

“I’m unemployed”.

1 Like

The problem is that most people have a life and want to have something to play in their limited time when they’re online. People like you who are obviously able to no-life the crap out of the game of course don’t see any problem.

Except I haven’t had a single relevant and usable piece of gear drop for any of my characters.

I’ve only had leather drop. I don’t have any currently leveled Leather user. So comparing the gear drop to the points. when All i want is the dang pets is asinine.

1 Like

10 mins every couple hours is hardly “no-life the crap out of the game”

so what’s your solution? a scenario you can do by yourself whenever you log on?

This thread is starting to descend into bickering, which is not unexpected. However, I would like to say the thread started with you asking what the problems with the event are. It’s clear you’re fine with how it is, but do you at least understand that there are some valid complaints from other people’s points of view?

3 Likes

seems like that is what delves are, so it’s not an unprecedented idea.

1 Like

of course. but for days this forum has been beating the crap out of the event. I thought I would put my 2 cents in about how it’s really not that bad.

1 Like

One such example is that in the pre-Dragonflight event the bosses respawned after so many mobs were killed so you could chain the event. In an hours time you would have easily had 4 to 5 boss kills and many pieces of gear dropping during that. I personally fully geared out many characters without having to play for more than a couple hours each play time.

It was also this way from start to end. There was no speed up as we got closer.

I guess it would be what you expect from the event. If you just are looking for some novel new event to try out a couple times this is fine. If you have the past expectations that you can gear up your alts and do endgame stuff with them for the last couple weeks then this event is not up to par.

2 Likes

the DF pre-event was so simple, yet, so many people played it. you could go at anytime and it would start up soon and there were people playing it.

this one… really REALLY missed the mark.

2 Likes

Of course. If you have the time to wait all day for all these events to do them, it’s just natural that you would say “Oh it’s not that bad”. Spoiler alert: most people have to go to work and can just play for a limited time, so they’ll probably only see one boss spawn. Maybe two, if they’re lucky. And in between it’s a useless waiting game.

2 Likes