So, Void Elves

It is relevant, though. Night Elves have never been apart of the Horde and if anything have always been used as iconography to represent the Horde v Alliance faction conflict. Putting a clone on Horde is a lot different than giving Alliance playable High Elves after they’ve had them as NPC factions for years and years. In my opinion at least

I think they might do something like that in Midnight

I recommend Shadow Priest.

Really feels good to blast em with void.

2 Likes

I could argue that Night Elves disconnected from Tyrande & Malfurion have never been part of the Alliance. :person_shrugging:

Yeah, honestly despite our disagreeances here & there — I really do hope so. lol
Remove a lot of the elf arguments, indifferences etc :joy:

Would put 90% + of angry elf threads upon the forums to rest. :rofl:

its blizzard at its finest, op.
i find it funny that they got the red eye option xD

I also think that the Midnight expansion could be an opportunity for the Thalassian people (HE, BE and VE) to be a united people and become neutral like the pandaren/Dracthyr/earthen. :people_hugging:

I really hope they unified some races like elfs in the future. Same goes for Tauren and HM Tauren, Draenei and LF, and all of the dwarves.

It’s a blizzard problem.

They were always fully capable of implementing High Elves while differentiating then enough be were insisted they couldn’t do it.

“The High Elves are basically just blood elves, they’re too similar in appearance and all that.”

Look at the Kul Tiran humans. There was never anything special about them compared to other humans except they were apparently good sailors. Suuuure did a good job making them look different from my guy here.

“Their population is entirely too small in comparison.”

Void Elves have a population of maybe a small 5 to 7 hut village.

What’s next? Someone is going to claim people could get confused between which is a Blood Elf and a High Elf? That hasn’t been an issue with the Pandaren and they’re exactly the same.

The point is, they had ZERO reason not to do it but they for whatever reason remained stubborn and insistent that they couldn’t do it, rather they just simply didn’t want to. Then they gave us Void Elves instead, practically spitting people in the face with the same vibe of “We’d rather you didn’t play demonology” and of course, got mixed reception at the least.

Only after recent controversies and bad rep did they finally cave to damage control mostly.

2 Likes

It was a mistake and they felt the avalanche coming their way. Almost every community around the globe was upset about the insult and the US forums, hilariously, fought for four years daily (!) on the forums.

I still find it so funny that they won in the end. But it took a lawsuit and a very bad expansion to bring High Elves to the Alliance.

1 Like

Even then it was still half assed.

Are you serious? Have you looked at how many customizations blood elves get vs. void elves? You all have a lot more options, particularly female/body 2 belfs.

Blood elf body 2:

• 12 eye colors in shades of green, gold, blue, purple, and red
  • 15 skin colors
  • 25 hair styles
  • 20 hair colors
  • 14 earring options
  • 4 necklace options
  • 7 bracelet options
  • 4 armband options

Now let’s look at void elf body 2:

• 9 eye colors in shades of blue, purple, and red
  • 24 skin colors (including their void tones)
  • 11 hair styles
  • 16 hair colors
  • 5 earring options
  • 0 necklace options
  • 0 bracelet options
  • 0 armband options

See the difference? The only thing void elves have more of is skin colors due to having void-tinged options. Otherwise, body 2 blood elves have more options in every other category.

TLDR: Stop complaining.

1 Like

If you say so, I’ve seen a lot of people say it and I agree because all we got is hairier Tauren with moose antlers instead of horns, brown Orcs instead of green Orcs, a fur suit for Goblins with awful customizations, straight backed Trolls and a botched Night Elf that actually shares nothing with Night Elves so not really sure how we got the better choices of Allied Races but whatever.

Versus what? Fat humans? Glitter goats? Diaper gnomes? Blueberry elves? Literally the only AR on Alliance side that Horde seemed remotely jealous of is DID, and even then, they’re dwarves, no one but no one plays that race.

Everyone makes hay of ‘but KT got a unique skeleton and rig and everything’ and no one seems to understand that it doesn’t matter. The race isn’t popular at all. Meanwhile, Vulpera are really only held back from the top by Void Elves who were a monkey-paw wish for High Elves.

So…

I made this for a more serious High Elf thread along the lines of my Void and Blood Elf ones.

Assumes mostly it’s just added to Void Elves and copied to Blood Elves but with Midnight it adds on some stuff about them as their own AR.

The idea that the alliance got the better allied races is by far a minority take.
Its very very rare that i see someone say the alliance got the better deal.

However… i do think the alliance got the better deal.

Nightborne are cool, but void elves are so much better.
Lightforged look way better than normal draenei, whereas Highmountain are as lame as the tauren they come from.
Dark irons are on fire. Theyre way cooler than orcs without green skin.
And kul tirans would be one of the best races in the game if blizzard ever gave them some customisation options.

The only one horde won hands down on is vulpera.
Theyre not an allied race. Theyre a brand new race masquerading as a goblin spinoff.
Mechagnomes are cool and all but how could they ever compare to that?

So yeah, alliance rules :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In your opinion maybe but this is based on data that I got from ChatGPT after giving it data from a June 6th, 2019 Reddit post that got the data from Realmpop (presumably from the same date). The post is titled “All 350 Race/Gender/Class combinations, ranked by popularity” but I can’t link it. I copied the data, put it into a spreadsheet, and had ChatGPT’s data analysis thing do this work for me, giving me the totals for each race/gender combo, disregarding class.

Here’s the data for allied races that had been out for 506 days by June 6th, 2019. (All averages below are rounded to the nearest integer.)

AR/Gender Combo             Total         Total Divided by
                                          Number of Days
                                          From Release
                                          to June 6, 2019
Void Elf, Female             299,089       591
Nightborne, Female           233,589       462
Void Elf, Male               156,884       310
Highmountain Tauren, Male    152,260       301
Lightforged Draenei, Female  138,160       273
Nightborne, Male             113,106       224
Lightforged Draenei, Male    72,546        143
Highmountain Tauren, Female  42,071         83

Here’s the data for allied races that had been out for 324 days by June 6th, 2019.

Number of Days
                                          From Release
                                          to June 6, 2019
Dark Iron Dwarf, Male        135,428       418
Mag'har Orc, Male            130,415       403
Dark Iron Dwarf, Female       51,641       159
Mag'har Orc, Female           50,687       156

Here’s the data for allied races that had been out for 86 days by June 6th, 2019.

Number of Days
                                          From Release
                                          to June 6, 2019
Zandalari Troll, Male        106,249       1235
Kul'Tiran, Male               46,166        537
Zandalari Troll, Female       44,118        513
Kul'Tiran, Female             27,849        324

This proves that male zandalari trolls are extremely popular, probably because they’re hot. They were almost as popular as Kul Tiran males, Kul Tiran females, and Zandalari females put together, and by a certain measure they were also more popular than both male and female void elves put together. In fact I bet this data isn’t even that accurate anymore because I barely ever see Kul Tiran humans (despite the fact that they are so large and fat and therefore should be easier to spot). It was just another instance of Blizzard giving Horde something very cool and giving Alliance trash.

People talk about how Kul Tiran males are the only ones who had their own model created from scratch; if Blizz was willing to put that much effort then why did they make them ugly?

I’m sorry, I’m a near-7-foot-tall slab of pure sex appeal.

Never even heard of the word “ugly.”

1 Like

I was looking at the thread where Linxy first announced the natural hair colors for Velves last night and reading all the posts I saw you having a melt down over it. That was almost two years ago and you are STILL bitter about it and on the forums complaining about people getting hair and skin colors in a video game. Mind boggling tbh

But I guess normal requests seem like “feet stomping” when they are something you disagree with

Glad the Devs at least know not to cater to bitter vocal minorities

2 Likes

Because no one ever wanted them. They weren’t even a concept before we could suddenly play them. They were an attempt to appease the many, many people who have wanted playable high elves ever since we met the silver covenant back in wlk. And it didn’t work, obviously. For that matter, nor did them getting blood elf hair, skin and eye colours. Because at the end of the day they’re still not high elves.

This is going to be a… Luke warm take in the grand scheme of opinions, but everyone should be able to choose their faction now and faction lines should revolve around ideology rather than races and frankly sorry excuses for some allied races joining their respective faction.

Looking at you, Tyrande, and your botched meeting with the Nightborne.

If it feels better for you: The majority won and their behavior from the past will be a constant reminder that they were never in power and everyone disagrees with their behavior and the gatekeeping. Everytime they try to get the high ground, they are reminded of their own flaws and failures regarding this topic, that no matter how much effort and energy they put in, they will never win this fight in a lifetime.

All what these people had to do was just to read in other languages than English and it was very clear to see what the world thought about this. Blizzard did not catered to the few hardcore helfers, they listened to everyone. A big difference.

1 Like