So, this new trading post

SWTOR Cartel Coins but less obnoxious

Even if the prices are crazy I will totally 100% do whatever I have to do to get the mage tower artifact weapon appearances.

How is it FOMO? You’re not going to miss out on the items, they don’t go away forever. You just log in and get the currency, and then do activities to get the currency, to get the rewards.

I’m very much against FOMO stuff and I’m reading through the post about it and I’m not seeing where the complaints are coming from.

1 Like

No chance in hell that will ever appear in it. It doesn’t even exist in the BMA.

This is just extra fun content for minor cosmetic stuff, not big time fomo rewards

I think the wod challenge weapon mogs are more likely. Which i would still see as a win considering they are still really cool and i rarely see anyone using.

I’m guessing you’re probably right but I’m still gonna cross my fingers and hope for it anyway lol

Wow NFTS to me tbh overboard with cosmetics.

Nope, not gonna happen either.

Those are prestigious rewards, not shop items.

Eh i say let them. I dont consider them prestigious in the slightest.

There was never any plans to add the mounts from the TGC but here we are with twitch drops. You have no clue what Blizz is planning. They could add them.

1 Like

You might not, but others do. The director being one of them.

Name the WoW feature that was once free and without warning was put behind a paywall.

3 Likes

There is nothing prestigious about TCG mounts. So much so that Chinese players can buy the spectral tigers in their shop.

Yea, it’s funny seeing the “down with mobile features (like the mission table)” crowd welcome this as the herald of innovation.

4 Likes

An optional paywall? Sure, Leveling. Remember how the cash shop first came out and some people said “they’d never add paid leveling” and then boom?

Something else I noticed is that it looks like they plan to add new items through this system too:

There are a multitude of interesting transmog, pet, and mount possibilities in Azeroth, limited only by imagination. The Trading Post will serve as a home for many more items from across Azeroth— and beyond—and is not limited by the current game content. You can expect to see a variety of fun new items to add to your collection.

This seems like a cool feature that might be monetized in the future, at which point it will become lame.

1 Like

Not optional. You didn’t say optional in the post I was replying to.

“Cataclysm sucks this will kill WoW”

“Ok mists of pandaria will do it lul pandas”

“Alright warlords of draenor will do it lul no content”

“Ok battle for azeroth will do it, azerite sucks, corrupted gear sucks”

“Ok for real now shadowlands will do it! Forced sylvanas story is bad, 10+ month patches and torghast will put the final nail!”

1 Like

Where does it say money needs to be spent or there is an option to pay money to get ranks?

Renown could be a battle pass if you had to pay for it or their was a premium row.

I don’t see this becoming a battle pass unless the game goes F2P which I don’t think is likely.

Anything can happen though I guess.