So, this new trading post

It seems more like FFXIV’s Wondrous Tales. Do things in game, get currency, get rewards. Battle Passes usually have to be paid for.

5 Likes

People have been saying this for years now yet here we are still monthly subs.

I don’t get peoples obsessions with wanting things to be f2p because the quality goes down. The content is all geared towards paying to unlock things that used to come with a sub, tons of bots, etc. I have played the majority of the mmos that started all as sub based only (ie. Tera, Aion, SWTOR, AoC, LOTR, TSW, Rift, etc.) and then tried them again when they went f2p and I noticed a huge difference for the worse.

Anyways, WoW is still a monthly sub and the only way I see it changing is if the Microsoft deals goes through and they add it their game pass or whatever they use.

1 Like

What’s wrong with it … geez ppl complain about everything

2 Likes

There is absolutely nothing about it that quantifies it being a battle pass. Grindable cosmetics have existed long before battle passes even existed.

2 Likes

For real, I wish WoW would greatly reduce its cash shop or just remove it like the other great MMOs like FF.

2 Likes

There isn’t even FOMO to complain about:

On the first of the month, the traders will obtain new items and update the activities in the Traveler’s Log for the new month. Items that are rotated out of their inventory won’t be gone for good though—they’ll rotate back into the inventory in future months—giving players who missed them the first time another opportunity to add them to their collections. The Trading Post will also include cosmetics from promotions that are no longer available as well as items normally available for cash purchase on the in-game store as purchasable items with Trader’s Tender instead. This provides an alternative way for players to obtain these items.

There’s literally nothing to complain about with this. It’s quite literally just “play the game and get some cool items for it”.

Crossing my fingers you can get the Mage Tower artifact weapon appearances but I feel like that’s probably not happening.

2 Likes

we might see the long boy there lol

1 Like

people are worried about missing out on stuff or its like the tcg my items has lost its value now

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2: It’s not at all like a battle pass.

If they’re expensive, they’re not a “microtransaction”.

Didn’t think about that. That would be amazing. :dracthyr_love_animated:

If it stays purely a subscriber reward then its awesome… It’s incentive for someone like me that tends to unsub for months at a time to maybe stay subbed and log in occasionally rather than dogging the game entirely… We will see, if the items stink maybe not.

1 Like

any indications about alts?

this is a huge win for alt armies if you can login and do this activity on every character

I dont think mage tower or mop challenge armor will reappear but im not against the idea. But i wonder what the prices will be like. Will 500 be enough for a item or is it going to be like 2500 which seems to be a usual cost for some wow merchants.

The currency is account wide.

To obtain these unique cosmetic items, you will need to acquire a new account-wide currency called “Trader’s Tender.”

Is the sky falling?? Again??

1 Like

Literally the only thing missing is a premium path and then it’s a standard battle pass.

1 Like

It’s pure FOMO.

No subscription, no currency. No currency, no loot. We don’t know how much things are going to cost. At a glance I saw 700, which means one item per month if you get the cache and do some of the activities.

It’s also not clear if you have to log in or not.

So, if they price anything that going to cost, say, 2000 currency, then that’s 4 months of subscription – with no catch up.

If there were a catch up, then, no problem. But there isn’t.

You can’t login once a year, grind your brains out, “catch up” and buy what you want. Need to ring the bell every month like a dog.

No, they did not mention alts. But I highly doubt they will let players get more than 1K currency per month. That wouldn’t really make any sense.

It’s the net, that’s what they do. Lol