So the alliance gets a Horde race?

Yeah this too…

Silvermoon tried to do some declaration commanding all High Elves to return to their homeland and some were like “nah.”

1 Like

Like that?

1 Like

Which means neither are welcome back to live there. Only pilgrimmage for some. The caste system has been a tradition since the Highborne.

Nightborne are more or less just Night Elves but okay

4 Likes

I wonder if this is the case still after the Alleria incident?

I know during the Quel’delar questline High Elves / Auric are present at the Sunwell.

With Void Elves & High Elves fighting on the same side though and being physically indistinguishable I wouldn’t be suprised if they’re no longer allowed pilgrimage, which would be sad.

1 Like

That wasn’t all of them. Only some. Others left of their volition. They scattered around. Some stayed with the Alliance. Others wandered wherever. But it wasn’t all of them. And they are allowed to pilgrimage to the Sunwell.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I think between the fact that Blizzard is notorious for never just giving us a clear answer on anything, and common sense, Dalaran is neutral. That said, it doesn’t necessarily mean it left the Alliance either. Being in the Alliance and having a neutral stance aren’t mutually exclusive stances. The Draenei have felt pretty neutral since they joined.

There’s also the fact of Vereesa and Silver Covenant siege weaponry being present at the end of the Fourth War, and no sign of Kirin Tor forces. Either the Kirin Tor sent the Silver Covenant to support the Alliance and the Horde rebels, or the Silver Covenant answered the call on their own.

It’s very convoluted overall. It feels like Blizzard is trying to straddle some middle line.

He stands there as a representative for the High Elves, and to be honest, that kind of makes sense. He was a high ranking individual from the Second War, and Lor’themar’s initial reception of Alleria shows how highly he values those who have fought and bled for Quel’Thalas either directly or indirectly.

That said, there’s never been any indication that the High Elven pilgrims visiting the Sunwell actually remained in Quel’Thalas afterwards. They weren’t, ‘High Elven Immigrants,’ or anything. They were pilgrims, as in, making a pilgrimage to a holy site before returning home.

Good questions. Were these High Elves whom decided to return to Quel’Thalas? Or were they some of the earliest cases of Blood Elves regaining their blue eyes? Darnarian had blue eyes before the Sunwell’s restoration, but he’s noted to be with the Shattered Sun Offensive. A High Elf among the Scryers?

For that matter WHAT are the Scryers doing these days? Did they ever return to Quel’Thalas?

6 Likes

I’m also curious about what happened to the Shattered Sun Offensive.

5 Likes

Oh well yeah it can’t be all of them, then Silvermoon would be empty :rofl::rofl:

I can’t remember where I read or got this quoted from, but I recall that out of the 10% of survivors, 1% remained as “High Elves.”

Those 1% include those that did not return to Quel’thalas after the royal summon & remained within the Alliance + those that got exiled for disobeying their government.

Sexiest tabard in the freaking game.

Idk either, i’m just assuming they disbanded after the Quel’danas threat was neutralized.

I believe I read the Scryers & Sunfury returned to Silvermoon at some point after TBC. Idk what the Al’dor did though since the Draenei are kind of homeless besides their broken rave ship.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t count on Blizz to update that. They seem to want to reflect customizations to the player but not worry about their place in lore.

Likewise they won’t go into how sand trolls are on the Horde. The player character is in lore as a general hero, but not with our individual appearances and names.

And I doubt even the stuff on Telogrus Rift will get a story update. With how they have done things, that will still be the same 14 years from now.

4 Likes

What do you mean by “The Alliance gets a Horde race” ???

I am extremely confused by what you are talking about, can you clarify for us??

Void Elves. It’s what we’ve been talking about in this whole thread…

2 Likes

They should really make an Eredar allied race for Horde.

3 Likes

Void Elves never were a Horde race.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

True. Feels like a bit of a waste of some potentially interesting characters.

Voren’thal seems like a dignified enough character to have some presence in Silvermoon and not be a drawback the way Aethas was.

4 Likes

While the Sand Troll thing was weird, Void Elves actually did get expanded on during an interview.

Danuser said during an interview with Polygon that the “Ren’dorei” numbers are growing, and while they’re not “necessarily” recruiting, they are welcoming anyone that’s interested, aka the High & Blood Elves in Telogrus.

2 Likes

Incoming mecha dwarves for Horde. Some long lost race stuck under the Barrens

2 Likes

Here is the actual Danuser quote,

“If they come from a small group of Silvermoon Exiles, how are they an Allied Race? Where do the numbers come from?”

"They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process. They’re not … recruiting , necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/1/21/18188397/wow-world-of-warcraft-allied-races-story-nightborne-void-elves-steve-danuser-interview

6 Likes

Low key bait Lann, you should know better than fall for it.

I know it’s a fact the devs caved in to Helfer QQ, but even some of them got extremely annoyed at merely getting Belf hand-me-downs… And the actual Belf /Velf fans got literally nothing for them.

Stop giving relevance to Helfer petitions, focus in giving both Velves and Belves their set of unique stuff, cause the more we mention Helves the less devs will figure out what was the awful problem they created with their laziness.

5 Likes