So the alliance gets a Horde race?

Worgen can have children they just come out as normal humans

The exact reason why night elves, Tauren, Orcs, Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans and even High elves exist.

With your logic night elves are trolls, tauren are Yangouls, Orcs are ogres and ogres and Gronn, dwarves and gnomes are earthen, Humans are Vykrul and High elves are night elves

1 Like

Yes.

/10char

1 Like

Yeah my mistake but you’re also not computing her transformation a unique just like how Illidan transformation to demon hunters was unique and his permanent metamorphosis.

If anything I think she shouldn’t have been in that permanent void state since her transformation was honestly more drastic

Thing is, I do think Ren’dorei is more of an identity. There are Ren’dorei physically altered by the power of the Void, yes, but I also think any Thalassian using Void Magic can also choose to identify as a Void Elf.

Funnily enough, they’d probably make for a decent neutral race in that regard if Blizzard hadn’t decided Lor’themar’s favorite answer to any internal problem is mass exile.

It doesn’t matter what the developers say, the race system is rather fluid which is a double edged sword. As an example: You can play a Darkspear Troll with Sandtroll features, a Frostwolf Clan Orc with Blackhand assets or even a Night Elf with Night Warrior eyes while not taking the right skin color. These mix-ups makes no sense but you are free to use them because of the character creator. As long as you don’t play on a RP-server it’s fine - otherwise people will start questioning you about your heritage and how your character became what they are today.

The Void Elves started as a pure race in Legion but got watered down to be Blood/High Elves. They will be Void Elves first and foremost because the fully corrupted form is the first one presented to the Alliance - but with the current options you can decide which generation of Void Elf you want to play. However, they are Void Elves per race name - but at the same time it doesn’t mean you cannot be an official High Elf/Blood Elf either, it really depends on the customization you take. Obviously you’re more of a High Elf if you take no corrupted customization option, everything else is a Blood Elf with a different corruption-level.

3 Likes

The option is actually just Troll

The same how you don’t pick Bronzebeard Dwarf but just Dwarf

This is why exile reach exist.

1 Like

This isn’t quite right. I studied a bit the Wildhammer clans a few weeks ago for a RP-project on AD and certain hair styles and tattoos are obviously exclusive to the Wildhammer Dwarves and their different clans. This is also where I found out that the new hair styles are just copy pastes with some new minimal accessory or hair stripe added to them.

In your described case: You play a dwarf by model but you have the ability to play three version of Dwarves within the race: Bronzebeard, Wildhammer and a weird parental heritage mix. I’m not sure if these even have a name to be honest. Make it also even worse if you take some of the alluded Dark Iron Dwarf dud skins, it makes things even more complicated and weirder.

The game itself…

Void elves (or ren’dorei , “children of the Void” in Thalassian)[1] are a race of Void-infused elves affiliated with the Alliance. Their origins lie with a group of blood elves led by Magister Umbric who were exiled from Silvermoon City because of their research into the Void. They were transformed by void ethereals but rescued by Alleria Windrunner, who had gained mastery of the Void herself on Argus. Permanently transformed by the process, they pledged their loyalty to her and the Alliance and established themselves as the ren’dorei.

And the recruitment scenario.

Like I said, they were blood elves but now are not.

Whereas blood elves and high elves are literally the same thing.

All still elves and, in particular, thalassian ones.

Dont eyes me. It was in the cdevs if I remember right…

(might have been a tweet.)

Yeah ion is not good at communication. He just meant they’re still elves.

1 Like

Exactly if high elves never changed their names those individuals would still be in the Horde… high elves are physically 100% blood elves.

blood elves are high elves who changed their name after the Scourge invasion of Quel’Thalas. Their new name is a dirge, referencing both the blood of their many brethren who fell during the Third War, and their royal lineage.

Void elves are a race of Void-infused elves affiliated with the Alliance.

This is directly from the Wowpedia sourced from Chronicle.

1 Like

And like…I’m not sure why it matters so much?

I see folk denying void elves being void elves all the time, but it literally won’t change anything about how you play your toon…

If you want to be a high elf that’s very much there for you now.

Seems a silly hill to die on.

1 Like

It seems to me that Void Elves, Blood Elves, and High Elves are Thalassian Elves.

1 Like

It mostly matter cause people keep telling us high elves belong to the Alliance when they’ve been on the horde for over a decade now

You can say this but guess who’s heritage armor questline has nothing to do with Quel’Thalas… I’ll give you a hint, it’s not blood elves.

1 Like

They’ll cling to that one portal keeper shrugs

They do. Story-wise you can explain the High Elves in the Void Elves ranks through the wayfarers or Silver Covenant where some of them grew restless and yearned for power. In the end it doesn’t matter though, the High Elves were a prominent group for the Alliance players because they are their quest givers in WotLK.

1 Like

I don’t care, I could be a void elf like Alleria.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/42/5/1634926431-ptr-9-1-5.jpg
It’s my choice not yours. :wink:

2 Likes

Where in Northrend?

Most alliance wotlk quest givers are humans

laughs in Silvermoon tabard, hawkstrider and heritage armor

1 Like

Daily quests givers in the Argent tournament for the rewards (mounts, crusader-title, they are the first barrier before everything opens up there). And I think a few in the big tent later on but I do remember one of them being a Blood Elf.

1 Like

Who cares?

You’ve had em for 14 years playable.

What someone else is rping shouldn’t matter much. At least not now that the options have been given.

Another silly hill to die on.

At least Lann wants to keep belfs unique and avoid further loss.

This? This is just silly.

2 Likes

They all have that in void version, they haven’t stopped being Thalassian elves.