So the alliance gets a Horde race?

So, by that logic, does Worgen Humans stop being human because of there condition of being a Worgen and can’t produce any off-spring.

Does Undead Humans stop being Humans because of there condition and Undead can’t produce any off-spring?

Just because Umbric and his followers were transformed by some Void Etherals, doesn’t mean Void Elves stop being High Elves.

1 Like

You’re claiming he’s still in Quel’Thalas when the last time we saw the Sunwell updated, he WASN’T there. I’m sorry, Lann, the burden of proof is on you for this one. You’re saying he’s somewhere there. The only place we can still find him in game is the Allerian Stronghold. Did he return? Who knows.

2 Likes

so i did some research. it appears that before arthas attacked quel’thalas, there was a contingent of high elves who lived in dalaran and some even intermarried humans there. they were likely called sunreavers at the time.

some of those high elf sunreavers, changed their name to blood elves and left with kael’thas to outlands. some stayed with their human mates, didnt change their names, and became silver covenant under veressa windrunner’s command. current day silver covenant are the descendants and kin of the high elf sunreavers but mixed and matched with humans (which is why i originally argued for half elves).

If you want to claim there’s an entire story of him leaving Quel’thalas the burden of proof is on you. The fact of the matter is that story doesn’t exist does it. So you’d be requesting to see it it sounds like which is fine but his story is currently still in Quel’thalas.

1 Like

I never suggested there was an entire story. The fact he’s not there is an update to him though. For all we know, Lor’themar had him dragged out back and shot. We don’t know where he is, but we know where he isn’t: The Sunwell. You’re suggesting he’s somewhere else in Quel’Thalas, well, I’ll have to ask you to prove it since I can’t find him anywhere in game other than the Allerian Stronghold.

I also find it odd that an Alliance Island Expeditions team would be named after him if he’d joined the Horde.

1 Like

You’re claiming he’s left Quel’thalas so where is that story is my question.

There is no story of him outside of his attachment to Quel’thalas for the last? 10 years.

If you’re claiming because he doesn’t exist as a static NPC in story and lore standing in the same spot it seems pertinent you’d have a story to back that, otherwise the story stands

For the record I’d rather have an updated story on him than not so I’m all for it I probably don’t agree with the story you want to see but I’d like it updated

Also note I’ve edited this post several times and no edit mark

Am I? I asked where he is, because we know where he’s not. You’re the one claiming he’s still in Quel’Thalas with no evidence.

Nothing direct, no. One could speculate that was a relative of his in AU Draenor though. Not sure their treatment would be very conducive to his remaining, but again, I don’t know if he left or not. You’re the one saying he hasn’t, so where can I find him?

Also, the NPC in question.

Just so we’re on the same page, I don’t mind in the slightest if he’s joined the Horde and remains in Quel’Thalas as a bridge for High Elves wanting to return to Quel’Thalas and also join the Horde.

Void elves were blood elves who are high elves changed into a new race by an ethereal trap that changed their very being.

They’re all Thalassians. They’re not all the same.

Blood Elves and high elves are the exact same beyond political viewpoint.

Void elves are not the exact same.

That is not what the vaccine does.

It creates rna strands to tell your cell what the virus is… This isn’t different than what you do daily for other bacteria and virus’.

It literally is just skipping part of the normal process making it faster to take and more effective overall.

Your DNA is not affected. You’re still you.

Specific cells in your body are designed for this as part of your immune system.

Worgen actually make human children.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any evidence or story to be provided that he has left.

But agreed I’d like story to see him bridge HEs returning home, specifically the Outland ones given laneshs clothing / that other NPC mentioned earlier appearing in what seems to be scryer attire before blue eyes returned to BEs, so if given the chance did those elves link up with their kin is of intrigue to me.

But regardless I’d rather story be progressed, and I’m sure you’d want the same for Void Elf lore additions

Source that Void Elves are a new race?

:eyes:

Alleria needs Auric to get Silvermoon back (if that’s her goal).

She needs all the high elves, blood elves and void elves that are loyal to her.

Last week I have been told that people argued on the Argent Dawn EU Horde trade chat on how to play Void Elves. Most of them agreed that the level of corruption determinates the status.

Pure High Elf who taps into the Void as some sort of power up
Blood Elf, who controls the Void (has unnatural hair/eye color but not both)
Full-blown Void Elf, corrupted with tentacles and so on

his story is over. i think its comical AND typical that an island team expedition that has an easter egg reference in its name is offered up as the proof for something that they wish existed but devs have confirmed multiple times that its a ‘no, only a couple exist and theyre not out there like that’

also why would he still be on queldanas the whole time? maybe he went for a stroll in the forests or he has his own apartment in silvermoon

1 Like

Other than the fact that he’s no longer at the Sunwell, and can’t be found anywhere else in Quel’Thalas.

I’m not a fan of Void Elves, so I’d rather leave their story progression to their fans. Like anyone I have ideas, but I think people with passion make the best stories.

I also think the High Elf story is done. It’s why they’d have made an ideal Allied Race: they’re established thoroughly and don’t need anymore screentime. Cameos and window-dressing is all that’s necessary for them in the future.

The Blood Elf story does need to continue. It’s been stagnant for quite some time, and honestly, I’m disappointed that we’re getting to meet Kael’thas after so long and there is absolutely NO impact for the Blood Elf narrative from it.

1 Like

erm i dont think void elves are a new race.

They are a new race - but you’re free to choose which kind of Elf you want to be. Maybe we’ll see more about them in a Silver Covenant/Void Elf cross over event in the future.

huh ion said void elves are another flavor of high elf.
he didnt say we were a whole new race.

Ion has been proven to know virtually nothing about the lore too many times to be a credible source.

does the lore state we are a new race?

Beats me. Alleria doesn’t look like other Void Elves and is considered the first of them. Seems to me Ren’dorei is another name High Elves can take.