So the alliance gets a Horde race?

It’s a font of light and arcane magic

2 Likes

The Horde have too much already. Why not give Druids more cool customization while we’re at it.

1 Like

yes, it was always.
but it got corrupted when Arthas brought back Kel’thuzad and when then the Prince of the Bloodelfs tried to summon Kil’jaeden through it with Fel magic.

at the end, thanks to the Heroes (aka the players us) the Sun Well was restored with Light Magic and it’s Light powers has almost restored the Bloodelfs.

there is Arcane, yes, but the Light is the power that has mostly restored it and it’s people.

Tell us why some new races were added to World of Warcraft in the upcoming Burning Crusade expansion?

One reason for the Blood Elves choice was obviously looks. You’d be amazed how many people will not play the Horde based purely on the fact that they’re monstrous. So by giving an attractive race to the Horde, we feel like we’re opening a whole new part of the game to the people who wouldn’t experience that half of the game.

https://www.engadget.com/2006-08-11-exclusive-joystiq-interviews-wows-jeff-kaplan.html

Yeah, lets ignore the real reason why Blood Elves were given to the Horde.

4 Likes

It was also the moment the Horde passed the Alliance in popularity.

How do you solve the current numerical superiority that the Alliance have over the Horde?
A lot of people think that we introduced Blood Elves to offer the choice of an “attractive” race for the Horde. But there is a lot of backstory and lore that is the main reason for the new races. But having Blood Elves as a Horde race does have value, particularly in Asia where players tend to play more attractive characters. And there are more Alliance players in Asia so this should help the imbalance there. Also, it’s not widely known but all of us at Blizzard play as Horde characters.

I like how you act like me pointing out that it wasn’t the only reason they were added is wrong with a quote saying it was one reason.

3 Likes

You’re saying they had lore they could manipulate to make it work. Sure, they did, but that wasn’t the reason they gave the Blood Elves to the Horde. They did it to give the fact a pretty race.

1 Like

I’m saying they said they had lore and reasons to give the high elf race to the horde and that aesthetic concerns were a nice bonus on top.

Also, if I’m remembering right, Horde didn’t surpass Alliance in numbers until a few expansions ago, think it was WoD.

3 Likes

Blizzard has always designed their games with gameplay first, lore second. It’s much more likely they did it to help the Horde population than any narrative dictating it.

1 Like

The fact that gameplay and lore aligned for blood elves to be horde is what sticks out to me.

1 Like

Hmm, who to trust here, all the dev statements talking about the various lore and storytelling reasons they went with non-standard high elves. Or other forum posters tinfoil hatting that they must have been lying at the time and that aesthetics were the only or main reason for it to happen.

2 Likes

Reading comprehension. He doesn’t say ‘no’ to adding Blood Elves as a pretty race. He says there are other reasons too.

aesthetic diversity was ONE reason

2 Likes

The primary reason. It’s not even denied.

No, he says the lore and story is the MAIN reason they were added.

2 Likes

While forgetting about this part too here I see Tarrok.

Forsaken being on the doorstep of Quel’thalas + the Sylvanas connection and original offer of friendship / help will always be the best route and most sensible route especially given their history.

People just seem mad lore wasn’t made up to make it make sense for them to be Alliance so they either ignore the story or throw up their hands and try to blame an Asian poll that no ones ever seen and link us to some guy on Reddit claiming there was one or place an emphasis on the fact that gameplay reasons also lined up with Blood Elves going horde, but it doesn’t make the lore that puts them Horde any less valid.

I find the refusal to accept that and the tinfoil hat theories with people acting like they know better than the people making the game a bit odd.

2 Likes

I copied it over, didn’t I?

And even the thread that the post you originally responded to was part of I never denied looks were a part of the reason, just not a major reason.

1 Like

As someone who supports faction homogenization I approve this sentiment!
Love Wins :rainbow:

Only if they got that really nice gold/red recolor >:|

COME ON BLIZZARD PLEASE
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/681816.jpg

2 Likes