So Shadow Priests were granted a rework

I wouldn’t mind using LOTV on fights that would feel “good” to use it in.

What I like is the CHOICE to use it. That’s all I ever wanted.

11 Likes

Unfurling darkness and damnation seem like a great combination for multi target, but will have to see how the searing nightmare talent sims with it.

But for PvP it sounds amazing to hit someone with vampiric touch, then next target gets instant vampiric touch with big instant damage, then hit a third with damnation.

Very excited to play and sim

4 Likes

This is exciting, I’ve spent the past few weeks trying to figure out what to play instead of priest. Now I don’t have to think about switching mains… yet

6 Likes

Ill take bad damage over a non functional spec. They can always fix numbers

6 Likes

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THE MADMEN ACTUALLY DID IT! WE’RE FREE BOYS!

#ByebyeVoidform

11 Likes

Just because this isn’t voidform, doesn’t mean it won’t need our feedback and testing. If all bliz get is praise for this then any actual problems it has might slip through the cracks.

It saddens me that some don’t want to be a part of that process, but it also worries me that some won’t because “Not voidform” was good enough for them.

This isn’t wod, legion, or BFA, it’s something new. We need to make it the best version of whatever that is we can.

14 Likes

I wish I had access to Beta to test all this stuff. I want to give feedback on Spriest, DH and Mage, but Blizzard won’t let me :sob:

4 Likes

So now we’re just going to be your average run of the mill “pop CDs and burst” caster?

Idk how I feel about that… I play shadow specifically because it doesn’t have burst windows.

1 Like

Wait what? whats what Voidform already does man. It just has extra steps. Also no, we also have rng procs baseline now

1 Like

I think a lot do, and it’s why more than ever we need to give genuine fair feedback. I don’t wanna be a 15 second wonder every voidform either, so my feedback once I get to test it will reflect that.

Cooldowns are fine though, ultimately, I just need to not feel like I rely on them.

5 Likes

Not at all. Lots of the talents sync with our dot management. It looks really engaging actually.

5 Likes

Yes but voidform giving 20% damage is pretty big. It’s a burst CD like this

And if legacy is balanced to be inferior, we’ll be forced to be a burst CD based spec

I actually quit my fire mage because I hate burst windows, and CDs. This feels like a mage. Apply dots, get procs, burst with voidform on CD…

Wish I had beta to test things

1 Like

I’m so jealous

2 Likes

Don’t worry. It’s one of my concerns too.

Also, I’m really salty at the idea of not levitating in combat anymore except once every 90 seconds

That’s probably my favorite thing about the spec

You can hardly compare any class to Fire Mages in this regard. Fire’s burst window is worth almost 90% of their entire damage and they just AFK in between.

20% more damage and a second charge to Mind Blast aren’t going to be even close to that, so I wouldn’t really worry about being over reliant on Voidform, specially with the new talents in place unless you opt to run LotV.

5 Likes

It may not be as much of a burst as mages, but it will feel just as bad if you’re forced to move and waste part of it

At a glance, I’ll probably be running legacy in Shadowlands. I really REALLY dislike burst windows and CDs

At least you can control when you choose to activate it for maximum potential. Instead of poor random timings that could quite often cause you to loose out on VF entirely or else risk always really low DPS.

Its “better” then what is was. But I’m sure more tweaking can be done.

I’d love for VF to be a straight up talent, we are almost there atm anyway lol.

5 Likes

shadow priests are thirsty and we need some water!

1 Like

i dont feel bad about that. im sorry but the people who have played priests since wow launched take priority over people who played it as an alt and or switched to it in legion. not trying to be a jerk. just if blizzard wanted to make a new class make a new class. dont completely change something people have played for over a decade.

9 Likes