So Shadow Priests were granted a rework

It’s honestly looking pretty good so far.

25 Likes

Just saw this on Twitter! Exciting!

4 Likes

I don’t have beta so some of the stuff they listed I don’t even know what it is, but it sounds pretty good.

2 Likes

I’m really excited about it actually. I didn’t have my hopes very high but in the end I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I just hope it feels as good as it sounds. I’m so glad VF is a CD now as well. While I will still miss my orb playstyle I can definitely work with this compromise.

I wish I had beta to test it for myself though lol.

4 Likes

yeah this feels kind of like a middle ground in between mop and legion? you still have voidform and insanity but old DP is back and youll spend insanity on thatinstead i guess

10 Likes

I know I’m in the minority specially in here,

I really felt like spriest was way better (PVP focus) in Slands then current, and so much better then Legion and S1 playstyle (no voidform).

Death baseline and DP were looking good for short window bursty damage, which is very nice in PVP.

Anyways, hopefully we don’t become a powershouse in PVE and trash in PVP.

Couple observations:

Voidform: Now requires 90 seconds. on recovery and increases the damage done by 20%. Lasts 15 sec.

Not sure how to feel about this, hopefully damage is not absolutely trash outside of VF otherwise we are complete trash in arena.

Aside from this really hard to predcit what will become of the spec.

1 Like

I’m actually very excited about it too. I liked the changes to the talents and to Mind Blast a lot, and also the apparitions. I still don’t have Beta either, so I can’t say how the spec is flowing but it’s looking good on paper.

I completely benched my Priest in BfA because it just felt horrible to play, so maybe I can give it another shot in Shadowlands. Now it’s to hoping the Devs will also make some much needed changes to other specs that are struggling mechanically.

6 Likes

The official, English post is up now as well btw.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priest-class-changes/490697/116?u=naleli-moon-guard

4 Likes

Looks like priest is back on the menu boys.

Granted, I’m a healer before dps but it’s exciting to know that one of my favorite healer’s dps specs won’t feel like garbage anymore when I want to dps.

19 Likes

Lol the first reply there is someone crying they ruined the class identity with the voidform change. Spriest history goes back a lot further than last expansion dood

24 Likes

ok so mage time lmao

1 Like

Oh that response doesn’t surprised me. They’ve always been pretty vocal about the “void form identity.” I guess they now know how it feels to have something you love completely changed on you.

I feel bad but at the same time I’m still really excited to see these changes being tested. Like I said previously, I just hope it plays well.

13 Likes

i dont feel bad for them because they can still just talent into old voidform lol

5 Likes

These changes are much more than I thought we could hope for at this late stage. I’m causiously optimistic

5 Likes

Wow, I was not expecting these changes. Especially in beta??? This is great. I’m now cautiously optimistic, it seems like Shadow may be back on the menu for Shadowlands :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

This.

Also, I might have to resub now.

I have to admit, I didn’t think changes to this level would be coming so late into alpha/beta.

Sidenote:

The change to S2M I know will not be enough as its mechanically just doesn’t fit anywhere. So I wonder why they even bothered to reduce the CD time… :thinking:

6 Likes

Very true! I know it no longer has a duration and works like it does now but does it still have the 90s CD?

1 Like

Ramp is gone and is in the form of a talent! You basically got what you said you wanted! I’m trying to not be too hyped but it looks sweet

2 Likes

If Blizz gives me beta, ill test it for ya! lol

Indeed.

Regardless of how it plays out from this point forwards…

I’m glad they are actually taking the class/spec seriously. That alone is hype!

8 Likes

They did it bois, they actually did it…

9 Likes