So sad demo is back

Buddy of mine’s breakdown from an SS around 2k MMR a couple days ago

He went 5-1

Zoo city baby

1 Like

I can’t bear taking on an MM in my LoS for more than 2 seconds as Boomkin either…
Well, I guess it’s just a matter of the game being faster and burstier with each season this expansion, regardless of this or that ability going into this or that armor type.
Sure it matters, but won’t stop these classes if their toolkit is just that good.

The Observer was just let freecast? lmao
But yeah, I stand by my opinion. Pets should not do the majority of the damage, the actual spec abilities should.

1 Like

That just shows idiots killing themselves repeatadly with an observer.

2 Likes

Looks like it was dk/mage/boomy/demo and the dk went 1-5 so ye no one prolly even touched it lmao

1 Like

Not really tho. Thats why destro and aff exist.

Different specs do different things for the sake of fun.

Hate pet classes all you want, your feelings about dont change why itll stay there.

Man thats sad. Observer is so easy to kill for all these specs.

Git gud before asking for nerfs folks.

Like others have said, this is just poor gameplay for not attacking the easy to kill observer.

But having said that, the more important issue that needs to be addressed NOW is whether pvp should be balanced more around solo shuffle arena or blitz brawl. Because there will be many instances (like the demo lock) where it is strong in one and sucks in the other.

Here is the game for those curious

There was also a 17 million damage gap between him and the next person

1 Like

Damage profiles and toolkit imbalances don’t care about my feelings. Demo is too durable, has too much unstoppable damage, and BM shouldn’t kill you and CC you if you’re behind a pillar. Pets clutter the field, I’m willing to bet I’m not the only one who thinks there are too many. I’m not asking for these classes to be gutted or nerfed per se, but rather than their damage profiles be changed to be more like the other classes so they don’t have advantages that can’t be countered.

Damage in PvP should come mainly from player characters pressing buttons actively. Not passives, DoTs or pets that promote a hide and seek gameplay or PvE meltdowns. That doesn’t mean we can’t have flavour, but it should be balanced accordingly.

1 Like

What can’t be countered? Observers are super easy to spot and easy to kill. And the felguard can be endlessly crowd controlled. What are you struggling to counter?

Yea, this is arena and the lock has decent mobility in this setting. But I still don’t see what is so hard to counter.

As much as I believe that rated BGB will be the future of WoW PvP, you guys aren’t really prepared for the lack of balance that will occur lmao

Obviously insane outliers will get nerfed, but if the mode really does put the nail in the arena coffin, you’re likely going to see less tuning overall

40 pets all over the map hitting you much harder than you can hardcast heal behind a pillar, CC’ing you while these classes are mostly instant-casts and have no cost to chasing you, while you have nowhere to run.

NPCs should not be as strong as player characters, not even close.

Adjust your UI.

It literally takes 2 seconds. Or dont and cry, up to you. But the solution’s there.

Demo is not “too” much anything. Its a turret spec with alot of casting. If its not durable (like other lock specs) its useless. ButI guess you dont really care about balance, just pissed that demo’s are diffing you.

1 Like

I was playing Boomy Assa, and we could not kill the Demo. Not even pierce the shields.
Idk where you’re getting your info.

Players should have the power, that’s where skill is measured. 4 pets spawning at me behind a pillar and instagibbing me as I try to cast a heal is not fun nor skillful. Too much PvE mashing and chasing this XPAK. It’s clear it’s all designed for PvE and not given a second thought. The CC nerfs were the nail in the coffin IMO.

Just a heads up cloning the felguard gets rid of soul link

And prevents the inevitable axe toss when your rogue kidneys

3 Likes

Should have your friend play outlaw keeping up blade dance is prime against zoo specs

That being said, as a caster, axe toss is the dumbest thing in the game currently and should be outright removed. Give demo the standard kick and keep it moving

2 Likes

I appreciate the tips y’all.

As I’ve said before, things are fun right now but also a bit hectic. I would like to see a slightly more manageable meta where you can react to shenanigans more reliably. It looks like the DH change might help, but their damage profile is still very high, and Demo’s is pretty close according to those images.

Let’s see how things roll over the next few weeks.
Guess all we can do in the meantime is play as best as we can, and learn from our mistakes :smiley:

Players do have the power. They have to know when to send their pet in or when to keep it at their side. They have to know which felguard abilities should be put on auto and which should be used directly by the player. Just sending your pet into felstrom for instance is not always the best tactic. You also need to know when to use the axe toss properly. Those are just a few examples of many. Stop making it sound like the felguard is doing everything for the lock.

Felguard probably gonna have its dmg toned down if I had to guess

2 Likes