So sad demo is back

I mean.

A spec ccs you and uses thst time to dmg you.

Thats like literally every spec out there.

2 schools of instant CC + axe toss when stunned is bad design donā€™t defend it

2 Likes

Just had a shuffle with a destro lock that soloā€™d the enemy teamā€™s mage in the first round

On the final round, the lock+mage killed our glad exp restro druid in a coil shadowfury combo by spamming dimensional rift. It did as much damage as ray of frost.

Yeah trust me you want demo to be meta, not destro

1 Like

The main issue with Demo is that it doesnā€™t die while having very good damage and Rogue like control. Once you cast your Demons and then Tyrant + Obelisk you just spam CC. 2x stun into Coil combo is quite deadly. Destru is also very strong but itā€™s damage is way easier to counter/stop so itā€™s not that problematic

2 Likes

How does one stop damage that is instant cast

1 Like

Stun or CC them, they donā€™t have 30 pets doing all their damage while in a CC.

Worst part is both Demo and BM are ā€˜backā€™. Literally so many things are broken in this season, showing just how bad PvP devs are

haha axe toss

Root pets and line them, use Static Field and line then or simply fear pets

Would take destro over boring affliction anyday

I think thereā€™s honestly a reasonable amount of counterplay into demo rn but it could use a few tweaks along with some other op specs

1 Like

Nerf everything pets do by 75%.
Pets should be all the same size - smaller, slower, never be able to run faster than a player, CC then on its own on do more than 1% of their HP DPS if out of LoS of its owner.
I would make them perhaps immortal, dazed when downed and return to the fight after a few sec.
Even if nothing else changes, this should ā€“ limit the amount of pets on the field. 1-2 per spec sounds good.
Under no circumstances should there be a billion NPCs on the arena map.

1 Like

And yet with so many classes having a lot of physical resistances, I donā€™t think there is much to fear with demo ā€œbeing backā€ in anything other than arena.

In BGs and blitz brawl their mobility spells are less of a problem to deal with and the felguard is easy to avoid for most classes. In these non arena settings, a demo lock comes across as a weaker hunter.

Armor stopped doing anything significant in PvP as soon as we rolled into ā€˜modern WoWā€™ with the first WoD prunings. Nowadays everything does magical damage, and those that do not have MS and other effects that make even the most passively durable classes feel like paper.

Theres only 1 school of instant CC. And then axe toss.

Specs do things. Hunters have a great CC chsin with traps that is oppressive in the right hands. Should we delete too?

Grt a grip, demos fine.

Iā€™m not sure this is true my felguard hits mages like 15k harder than it hits dks

Are you sure the majority of Demo damage is physical?
The thousand pets just melt casters and melee all the sameā€¦

Armor is basically a protection against physical attacks which the felguard mostly does. And a lot of classes do physical attacks including some of the biggest hunter shots.

So yes, armor still matters depending on which classes you are fighting.

Go look up the felguard abilities on wowhead. Most are listed as physical. Thatā€™s why a rogue will melt a demo lock. Same with a ret paladin. Youā€™ll do almost no damage to them. Good luck casting directly on them when they are in your face using those cooldowns. Your shield and healthstone wonā€™t save you.

Not necessarily but armor does matter

Itā€™s part of why mage in particular into mm is miserable