So really how many would race change their Blood Elves to High Elves if they became playable on the Alliance

If it bothers you that much why choose to add to the topic instead of behaving like a hall monitor?

I dont’ think this is spam but there are some people that get kind of full of themselves or maybe it’s ocd?

Why race change? Just make a fresh character. They would come with “must level up to 120 for heritage” so no point in changing your night elf/void elf/blood elf.

2 Likes

As a faithful adherent to the tradition set forth by prince Kael’thas Sunstrider it would be an ill fitting backstory for me. Frankly whatever it is about personal preferences in RP you don’t get, isn’t something I care to go into with you. As stated, it is my personal preference not to cast my lot with a faction that was in the past represented by Garithos, (who sought to eliminate us) or presently represented by Jaina, who most definitely made an attempt to murder us. Good day to you.

2 Likes

Because if they really WERE High Elves, that’s what they’d be called?
Sips tea

As Drede and others have said this before and will probably say it again.

Just because High Elves are going to playable that also doesn’t mean there won’t be a mass exodus of Players that the Horde is going to lose.

High Elves are not going to take away Blood Elf Death Knights nor Demon Hunters.
High Elves are not going to take away the Thalassian Sin’dorei Heritage Armor.
High Elves are not going to take away the Hawkstriders or so called Final Fantasy Mount Chocobos as well as Dragonhawks.
High Elves are not going to take away Lore Characters like Lor’themar, and etc.
High Elves are not going to take away Silvermoon City.
High Elves are not going to take away the Future Promises of Customization Sin’dorei Options.
High Elves are not going to take away the Identity of name Sin’dorei.
High Elves are not going to take away the Blood Elf Theme of Warcraft 3.
Finally having playable High Elves be Friends/Buddies with Dwarves, Gnomes, and Humans doesn’t take away from their already Buddies of the Horde.

So Horde lost nothing. They didn’t lose their overpopulated playerbase over Original Color skin Elves on the Alliance. In fact they probably gain another elf race that has the same Thalassian Model with Black/Grey Skin with Wings. That’s where the Players of the Blood Elves will go to when San’layn and High Elves become playable.

5 Likes

You’re not even a High Elf. It doesn’t affect you at all. Look: I’m not talking about “what if?” situations. What I said is already in game. The only thing that is questionable is if they should be made playable or not.

I’m sorry, but you are not going to get a good statistic on the forums, people here are very disrespectful and don’t know lore.

No, i’d just be angry about an exact cut and paste of my race existed on both factions in a game about factions.

At least void elves have their own identity, but High Elves. They’d either have to take a slice of the blood elf cake, or homogenize themselves with humans.

3 Likes

I’m an RPer. Any character I roll is going to have a backstory and I’m going to RP with that character. My personal preference is not to roleplay with a character that wouldn’t be iconic to the faction. My alliance characters are humans and Kal’dorei because they are races iconic to the Alliance. Additionally, I’m responding to the question of whether I would roll a hypothetical character or race change to play one. That was the topic, after all.

Additionally, it doesn’t really make much sense to race change a high level character to an allied race when you haven’t unlocked their heritage armor yet.

1 Like

I wouldnt. but its mainly because i have never and will never race change.

i assume theyd give some perk to level them from scratch too. so more toons for my altoholic butt

It seems like people didn’t care much about what is good to the game or what goes in harmony with the established lore, they just want Blizzard to do stuff just to piss off High Elf supporters. Jeez i’m out, the comments in this thread are disgusting.

2 Likes

They literally pulled your race out of non-existence to give you high elves without them being a cut and paste of blood elves.

2 Likes

As someone who likes to actually roleplay and understand histories, I have the hardest time playing Blood Elves, because they do not fit on the Horde. It makes no sense for me to do most of the quests that are offered. It makes no sense that I would want to join up with the Zandalari at all. It makes almost no sense that I would even join up with any of the Horde in the first place.

Why would I say that? Because of history. It’s sad that you even feel Blood Elves are iconic to the Horde, when in fact the Horde lost identity by adding them as a race.

then you shouldnt have let garithos betray us

1 Like

Garithos? From LORDAERON? The guy whose people you’re all buddy buddy with?

I’m not really sure why you think the people of Stormwind (who were in… Stormwind, rebuilding at the time) have anything to do with nobles from Lordaeron doing their own thing.

1 Like

One can dream :crossed_fingers:t6:

3-4 years ago, probably. But I’m too established Horde side now, and have pretty much leveled up most of the Alliance counterparts I want already.

No.

From BC I have believed that we, the Blood Elves, are the playable High Elves in the game. I was surprised when the Alliance started asking for High Elves, because I assumed everyone knew this, for it has always been stated so by Blizzard. (However, I do not intend any vilification towards those players who desire High Elves.)

I identify as a High Elf, I always have. We were named ‘Blood’ Elves first to honour our fallen, and second as a nod towards our ‘blood’; our Quel’Dorei blood.

Thalassian History and Lore are my History and Lore, and the High Elves (the in-game NPC’s friendly or neutral to both the Horde and the Alliance) who deserted the Quel’Thalas High Elves during the Third War, as well as the Void Elves, share my heritage and history.

I don’t think High Elves will ever be implemented as playable because the Blizz Devs already committed the major High Elf story to the Horde.

I’d like to see Alliance get Half Elves, because Alleria and Turelyon have paved the way, however they, (The Half Elves) and Arator, will need new models.

No, I wouldn’t change any of my beloved Blood Elves to Half Elves, either. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anu belore dela’na. Selama ashal’anore.

(Edit: My stupid spelling!)

6 Likes

I wouldn’t. I like horde better than alliance.

I might change a VE or two though.

1 Like