So really how many would race change their Blood Elves to High Elves if they became playable on the Alliance

The question is moot. It’s not happening.

5 Likes

My eyes are already blue. So…

2 Likes

This toon will always be a blood elf.

2 Likes

…as will this one!
There must always be…
… a SIN’DOREI!
Flips hair and then sips a cup of herbal evening tea

1 Like

Thanks Elenedhel I can always count on you to show up to any thread about Elves for a good joke & hair flip

1 Like

The number of players who might or might not theoretically change their blood elf to a high elf has nothing to do with their legitimacy as a player race.

4 Likes

In a world of magick, ‘legitimacy’ comes at a much different level than a world of simple, linear logic.
You and I, we are Warriors; we can stand toe-to-toe with beasties, monstrosities and the Titans alone know what!
And even the Titans, when it comes to that.
We should have been legit squashed like the proverbial bug.
‘Legitimacy’, in a fantasy game, IS conferred by the numbers or that game ceases to be.
Flips hair

Giving the alliance half/highelves while giving the horde San’layn . Would make up for not having Kultiran paladins. San’layn couldn’t be paladins, but half/highelves could. If necromancer is the next class they could introduce both races at that time.

A lot of people make the argument that introducing High Elves will somehow cause every Blood Elf to leave the Horde in such a terrible exodus that the Horde will lose all of its players, and never again be chosen.

It won’t, because my character here is a BElf and won’t be leaving. I’d probably roll a HElf because it turns out I don’t actually have any max level clothies on Alliance and rolling, say, a priest or mage would be a good opposite to having a warlock.

… One of these days I’ll roll a priest. One day

2 Likes

That and the people who would actually bother open the thread then to take the poll wouldn’t be representative.

You seem to suffer a mis-aprehension. Blood elves are simply the high elf race after it’s terrible wounding at the hand of the scourge and being scorned by the faithless humans.

3 Likes

And this thought process is what lead me to making both this thread & the linked straw poll. That being said I am honestly curious how many players would race change/faction swap .
I for one would not race change my Horde Sin’dorei as I rolled them for what they are but I would race change a few non Elf characters to Alliance Quel’dorei assuming they were to be made playable.

In this case is more than eye color though, it is a faction

Well not everyone makes good choices.

Horde since vanilla, strong pass.

1 Like

Eye color and tattoos? Admit it, It’s blood elves with blue eyes. Developers themselves said it. :rofl:

I said it is much more than just cosmetic. It is switching your factions, and people seem to overlook that. Unless of course, you don’t really care?

No, I would not forsake my Horde brothers- and sisters-in-arms to return to the Alliance, whose leaders betrayed us, whose generals condemned us, whose mages purged us from Dalaran.
The Silver Covenant is a shadow of its former self, muddily foraging along in obscurity hefting banners over empty stretches of barren tundra. Though some might think otherwise, the Quel’dorei are no more. The last of our royal line, prince Kael’thas Sunstrider, proclaimed it as such:

“We must put this misery behind us. We must enter a new chapter! And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer high elves! In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of Anasterian… as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage! As of this day, we are sin’dorei! For Quel’Thalas!”

We may have yet our share of prideful moments, of siphoning power from a Naaru or any arcane source we came across, of struggling with addiction. There are many who may still hold the banners of the Quel’dorei high and mingle freely with humanity. But the Sin’dorei will prevail. The Sin’dorei reign supreme!

4 Likes

So It’s blood elves on the alliance? You already have blood elves, they’re called void elves…there’s a reason there’s two factions.

Okay, buddy.