So ranged survival in NW

Your right, I should upload more. Survival gang together strong like ape

The ONLY constructive criticism for SV is to make it ranged again. Everything else is an utter waste of time given the miniscule audience for the spec. If Blizzard doesn’t want to do that they can be content with the spec being the circus freak of class design for eternity.

You know what’s hard to argue with? The fact that we used to have 3 ranged specs and the class is still heavily themed around ranged weapons. Do you think it makes sense for a spec to take away such a core feature of the class?

3 Likes

You mean how they were all the same thing? Now you have one less of the same problem. Aka MSV is the solution you needed.

1 Like

Again, this is ironic coming from you as only a little while ago you were arguing the exact opposite. You specifically point to multiple examples of what made you fall in love with the spec and the playstyle of RSV, and how those made it different from MM.

This was only a “problem” for the select few. And in most cases, it’s one that is brought up based on today’s game, today’s philosophies. It’s a situation that people like you, look at with blinders and bias.

Again, ironically, it doesn’t even apply as we never got a modern version of RSV to compare to the other ones, in-game. And since none of us here are arguing that we should bring back RSV exactly as it was in X expansion, and only that, your argument of past similarities is even more unfounded.

1 Like

According to you until about 2021 they were not the same thing ¯\(ツ)/¯

BTW Why do you keep changing posting characters? Circumventing ignore lists?

1 Like

Again, you keep referencing things I said about the spec in a completely different game as a weapon that doesn’t even apply to modern wow much less pre legion wow. I haven’t changed anything, I don’t even care who has me on ignore, this isn’t real life no matter how much you strive for it to be man. I check these forums out once a day if even that as I have an actual life outside of Warcraft.

So, in the past year, you’ve made several videos where you’ve talked about how you fell in love with the playstyle that was RSV, in WotLK. You’ve also mentioned some of it’s signature abilities as reasons for why you enjoyed playing it so much, and in addition, you’ve compared that to MM which, according to you, was just about using Aimed Shot, which you did not like. Again, keep in mind that this is your own reference to the WotLK-era.

You’ve since then changed this line of thought to “they were always pretty much the same, especially in WotLK”. But it doesn’t stop at that, at the same time you’re also saying in your latest video on the subject how “SV was always a melee-spec, it’s been like that since Vanilla”. You said this in a video you uploaded earlier this year.

Which one is it then?

Were they always pretty much the same, or was SV always a melee-spec, since Vanilla?

3 Likes

They do play the same and are basically the same spec. Survival had a melee aspect to it and could be played as a melee spec rather than be MM clone and spam aimed shot. And you do know, like, there are other expansions outside of Wotlk right? Iv mentioned more than just that era so

Yes please. I remember back in Wrath MM and SV just came down to “which one sims higher this patch” and there really was no pull to either spec otherwise.

These days all 3 specs feel different from each other and it should stay that way.

Whether or not this is true (it isn’t) do you think that it’s an improvement to put SV in a state where almost no one ever switches to it rather than just sticking to MM and BM?

You know uniqueness is not the only end goal to a spec’s design, right? If they made SV a healer spec it would be even more drastically distinct from the rest of the class. It would also not fit it at all and be even more unpopular. While specs need to be distinct they also need to build off the class’s foundation and Survival does a terrible job at that. In fact its whole purpose right now is taking away from the class just to be a special snowflake.

Would it suddenly be an MM clone if it had the same gameplay as it does now but with a ranged weapon instead? Do you think it’s impossible to have 3 sufficiently-distinct Hunter specs all using a ranged weapon?

The whole point of contention here is that you specifically denied this in your earlier videos.

2 Likes

Low key just said Its the same as MM

1 Like

As it turns out SV can and was still unique despite using a ranged weapon. But by all means if uniqueness is the only goal let’s go ahead and make it a healer spec since that would be even more unique.

1 Like

Looks like this thread has boiled down to just one guy passionately arguing with everyone for a 2nd MM spec.

Maybe he should just go play MM.

i wish survival was a tank spec! the first ranged mail tank in wow would be awesome! it’s even in the name!

2 Likes

Are all ranged weapon specs the same thing in your view? Yes or no?

Sadly the parody doesn’t work when some people unironically support this. It comes up a lot. I’ve even seen people sincerely ask for SV to be a healer. Making it melee really was the bat signal for every dimwit to dump their rancid spec rework ideas on the Hunter class.

2 Likes

So…you are talking about the spec as it played throughout multiple expansions…

How come you argue that it’s just an MM clone that spams Aimed Shot then? RSV and the playstyle it promoted was NEVER about Aimed Shot. Ever.

Second, the sad part here is that your basis for the argument of “it could’ve been played as a melee spec” is entirely based on what you showed in your videos where you support your arguments by running around in the open world, killing low-level mobs. Again, fair enough that’s what you want to do and how you choose to play. But as have been said, that has nothing to do with the actual intent of the design.

And since you brought up multiple expansions, SV from WotLK and onwards had next to nothing to do with melee. These things are obvious to anyone who actually bother to look at the design of SV, from WotLK - WoD.

1 Like

How come you argue that it’s just an MM clone that spams Aimed Shot then? RSV and the playstyle it promoted was NEVER about Aimed Shot. Ever.

In WotLK Aimed Shot was still high up in the MM tree and accessible by all builds so all Hunters still took it but it was instant cast in WotLK and after that point it was MM only. So what melee Survival proponents need to explain is how ranged Survival in MoP and especially WoD wasn’t sufficiently distinct.

2 Likes

I just mentioned this in the other thread, but anyway…

Whether you could make the choice to spend talent points in MM while spending most of them in SV is irrelevant to the similarity-argument. Aimed Shot was still part of the MM category back then, not SV.

Saying “I could spend enough points in MM to get Aimed Shot from there” doesn’t in any way mean that SV gave you Aimed Shot.

1 Like

You nerds still complaining?

these nerds cant handle survivals skill level. too busy playing easy mode BM. wish it was a tank spec though.

2 Likes