So People Want The Water Strider To Be Restricted?

Did you even read what I said?

1 Like

Its this.
I have the strider.
I put in the free item.
I try any other mount equipment item.
I decide I would rather water walk.
My 2 mains in MoP that grinded the rep are on a second account (under the same BattleNet Account) I no longer pay for or use. How do I get the replacement water walking shoes without paying real life $$$s? Will Blizzard now make the Anglers rep Account wide so all of my characters are now maxed with the Anglers?

If they leave the strider alone, all my characters can water walk. If they change it, I cant if I try ANYTHING else.

2 Likes

Yeah and he answered it.

The issue people are having is that they want one mount that conceivably has water walking in addition to one of the powers the new items will grant. They want water walking and no dazing…or water walking and being able to mine. Stuff like that. That’s the root of the whole rigamarole.

But I don’t care if the other mounts have it.

I think that’s the problem for a lot of people. You get 1 gem. Not 1 per character. The WW mount can be used on any character that can ride. 1 gem can be used by 1 character, and most people have more than 1.

5 Likes

Wrong. I just want exactly what I have. Nothing more but nothing LESS.

3 Likes

Bingo, you got it, apparently nobody else does.
In all honesty I don’t really care about the water walking but I can see both sides, and I just felt like arguing today.

Sounds like an ever changing MMO isn’t for you.

I liked my Artifacts in Legion, but accepted that this game will always add and remove as it’s done for literally 14 years.

The water walking item grants you that though.

1 Like

You do realize that Blizzard said they will be looking at the Sky Golem? You are trying to compare 1 mount that benefits 1 profession vs. every ground mount for everyone.

This is why they will never do it… they want people to have more choice in mounts as long as that choice is not a water strider.

3 Likes

Exactly, first it was the necklace, then portals, now this.

1 Like

its almost like you can buy it off the AH

No it’s not. Right now I have 1 mount that has water walking and no dazing. I’m worried that that will change.

2 Likes

See my post above.

It does until I try any other mount equipment.

Than I have nothing

3 Likes

The problem with that is it doesn’t fix Blizzard’s major problem with the strider, because the strider will still feel like the best mount.

1 Like

And they shouldn’t be, because it’s fine. It’s been fine for 6 years, it’s not suddenly a problem.

1 Like

I know that, I’d rather flying be available sooner in the expansion like it used to be.

1 Like

The whole system was made because the WS was a problem child. They want it to continue to be a problem and still gain the benefits of the gear on their other mounts.

Sure you lose WW but you don’t lose the mount if you actually like it use the mount. When we get this change we will unlock flying shortly after so it’s not a big deal anyway and will only really come into play next expansion.