So now that the game has Pelagos and the

Nope, you’re just wrong. Pelagos is trans.

Not sure why you feel the need to misrepresent trans people, but I’m not going to waste my time with you anymore.

What the heck is a Pelagos?

Just because its easier doesnt mean it would be meaningless. Transition sucks, its so hard, and this is a fictional magical world, with an afterlife where you can become your ideal true self, why not make it simple. Why not give that magic instant change, i would certainly have loved it. Transgender doesnt have to focus on the transition part, and having a physically cis male body wouldnt erase his past or his journey to self awareness and acceptance.

Believe me, it is rarely a choice to hide it, it is something we are forced into by circumstances. So yes, we will almost always choose to be seen as the gender we identify with, if we are able to.

Just because this story doesnt match how we have to come out and transition in our current world, doesnt make it not a trans story. If we could just make a choice, push a button and change, then the vast majority of us would. This isnt our world though, this is a fictional world with magic and a confirmed factual afterlife. Just because his story isnt representative of the experience of being trans in our world, doesnt make him not trans.

If you read Blizzard’s statement regarding Pelagos then their intent would be pretty clear. They simply changed the pronouns after asking for feedback to help the character fit better.

3 Likes

She is the gross.

1 Like

That’s Marcus, the omnisexual paladin.

In addition to his tryst with the tauren couple in Thunder Totem there are also in-game stories of his romances with numerous other characters… demon, undead, male, female, horde, alliance… whatever

2 Likes

Which birth? Life birth or death birth?

Life birth, of course. The afterlife is a continuation.

That seems debatable.

You can debate it, but it’s pretty clear what Blizzard’s intention was here.

It’s the name of a Kyrian aspirant in Bastion. The name is a bit weird because it’s meant to sound Greek.

1 Like

I think it’s meant to be a blue dragon name? But WoWwiki says not to confuse the character with Pelagosa, which was a blue dragon, so maybe they’re not the same person after all.

Pelagos, again, is a Kyrian Aspirant in Bastion.

Go on…

/10chars

About what?

About what that has to do with anything I said.

And he/she is LGBTQ+ I’m assuming?

How do we know this? I really hope this character brings more to the table than just being the “representation character”.

I have no problem with representation at all. I think it’s great that the new/old Night Warrior is LGBTQ+, but he also brings a lot to the story. He just happens to also have a husband.

Being LGBTQ+ is great, but they need to add something to the story. They can’t just be there for the sake of being the representation character. Then it just feels forced and lazy.

1 Like

You just tried to tell me it’s meant to be a blue dragon name. So again, I am telling you that no, Pelagos is not a dragon. Pelagos is a Kyrian aspirant.