So now that the game has Pelagos and the

Personally, I don’t think he is. There’s nothing transgender about him, he went from cisfemale to cismale with nothing in between. Someone mentioned something to me the other day about how most transgender people would probably love that, and I agree but at that point, the entire term transgender becomes meaningless.

I was trying to understand how people knew they were transgender?

I’d add Marcus, from the in-game Steamy Romance novels

4 Likes

What do you mean? The same way you think of yourself as a man or a woman. Sometimes the mental image you have for yourself doesn’t match the package you were born with.

Yes but unless there is something in the story about that happening when she was alive then I don’t see where you are getting this.

I could have used I am a female now and next time I want to come back as a male - that doesn’t make me a transgender now, I just want to try something different next time. I would rather a cat though, I don’t think men have it all that easy right now.

1 Like

There’s the human sleeping next to a Highmountain couple that wakes up and walks out of the hut with some dialog that strongly suggests some 3-way funky business.

The story is made up by Blizzard. Azeroth is not real. The developers decided to give her a backstory where the character felt like he’s a man, and decided to take a man’s form in the Shadowlands. That’s all there is to it.

oh so you are saying there is something in the story that says she was always transgender when she was alive

I don’t know the story they wrote for the character. I did not play Shadowlands. All I know is that he lived as a woman, then decided to take the form of a man in the afterlife. I assume that the intention of the writers is that he saw himself as a man before death, and took the opportunity to take the form once given the chance.

ok, this was what I was suspecting that was happening - easy way out for blizzard to just drop hints and then let everyone assume what they want.

We haven’t played the expansion. It’s a fair assumption given the information available. Was a woman. Then chose to become a man. Thus he must’ve saw himself as a man at some point. What problem are you pretending to have with this whole thing again?

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with anything. I was just questioning how people knew they were a LGBT character since the only part I was aware of they lived as a girl and decided they wanted to be a guy when they were dead.

What problem did you think I had with this?

2 Likes

A transgender person is someone who identifies as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth. Pelagos is trans.

death cancels that though - so unless they identified as a male before they died they don’t qualify.

3 Likes

According to what WoW lore?

according to the lore of common sense

So you made it up.

Pelagos is trans.

1 Like

Common sense is a misnomer, and you do not determine what does and doesn’t qualify.

hey you want to assume he is transgender go for it. But unless it is actually written into the story, I am going assume he is just doing what I would do if I got to live my life again, try out something different.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a trans story at all. Suggesting that trans people just make a choice at some point is not how being trans works.

1 Like