So no more shaman changes?

Thrall lately does look like is being designed by Disney, not gonna lie. What a softy he has turned into.

Agree, but I never know what people mean when they say that. For me, it’s the aggressive wing of nature. The storm bringer comes with lightning and hurricanes and blizzards. The utility is very appealing, and Enhancement could be such a cooler spec than it is. Like, the storms vengeance. Enhancement will show up to a goblin camp drilling the earth and kill them all.

I really do not get the totem aspect of the shaman fantasy. And they don’t work as a game mechanic well anymore.

3 Likes

My ideas on shaman fantasy is also more about the connection to the elements than the totem stuff.

Totems were an interesting idea, but at this point I wouldn’t be bothered if they just went away. For how quick Blizzard has been to abandon things they thought were clunky in the past, this is one they’ve really clung to.

1 Like

I would like Totems more if they made them work more like the searing totem from Enh Totemic. Have them get tied to some spells that have a chance to summon them along when the spell is cast. Also Earthquake at one point did have a totem tied with it.

I do think totems need to have some sort of better defensive, like more HP, or give them like an earth shield like effect where they need to be hit so many times to have them be removed, or even have it where you have to click on them to shut them down. Or just make them just a spell effect that doesn’t have HP anymore.

I miss when totems were an actual thing and not just a cooldown.

My 4 totems sitting around me… I’ll miss you forever.

Not even a toy, or glpyh, or talent that does that anymore.

1 Like

Wow combat is too fast pace for totems to be out and last anything unfortunately

1 Like

Blizzard, please, I will give you the deed to my house for updates, for the love of god give us something, even if it is: “Shamans are now called Stinky Doo-Doo.”

1 Like

That’s name calling. What I said was that shamans are not popular in media fantasy sources like Lord of the Rings and I pointed out that in that movie we see Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs and Wizzards (i.e. Mages and Warlocks) but no shamans. That is a true statement.

Your response is the fallacy of ad hominem. You can’t attack the message so you attack the messenger. I get that a lot.

You havent seen my response yet, just got out of a forum ban and I want to enjoy freedom for more than 24 hours.

Who cares what they do In lord of the rings… this is all make believe, all blizzard’s design. If is bad is on them…. The point is, shamans are outdated. We are paying for this, is frustrating and anyhow…. Keep feeding this section here, we need all the dumb comments we can get.

1 Like

Sure keep it up. Call me a troll, call my comments dumb. You have no choice, it’s all you’ve got.

You have nothing either. You have proven nothing but saying Blizzard doesn’t want to work further on Shamans and is silent because the class isn’t popular a d they rather work on more popular classes.

Prove it or go to sleep.

I never said any such thing. You have no idea what I said. How do I know? You have never responded to anything I said. What you do is either hurl insults at me or you make up stuff I said and argue against that.

If you can correctly quote me then I’ll respond. I am not going to respond to points you invent and claim I made.

“Try to understand this. Blizzard is a business. Like any company they will invest in things they find have a good return on investment.

They have 20 years experience with these classes and they know which ones interest players, which ones are profitable and which ones are not. Obviously their marketing people have determined that shamans are not profitable.

I suspect that the problem is that Shamans are not popular in modern fantasy fiction. Look at the Lord of the Rings movies, there were Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Wizzards (i.e. mages, warlocks). There were no shamans.

I think about the only time I’ve ever seen shamans on TV was on Northern Exposure and even there it only involved one minor character’s story line”

You’re lucky I can’t use memes….

Notice I said “I suspect”. We are all entitled to our opinions. But the statement I made is correct. Shamans are almost nowhere in fantasy fiction. Now if they were all that popular don’t you think various writers of major popular fiction stories would be using them all the time?

Oh and I love your joke about how I’m suppose to be terrified by your meme. It reminds me of Asmongold and the fake surprise he showed when Ion said “What sword”.

you can say that for everything else in dragonflight tbh

He said, on a forum for a 20 year old video game that still has an active player base that exceeds nearly every competitor that enters the space.

If WoW isn’t a long term success, then there has never been one in the MMO space.

One of many reasons paid Class changes should be a thing.

If no one played a neglected Class, Blizzard would ‘have’ to acknowledge the BS and disparity, and fix it.

You get a free 70 boost with purchase of TWW

Didn’t shamans get buffed a few weeks ago?

Just about sums up my experience with Shadowlands :joy: