So no more shaman changes?

Mmmm, not exactly.

1. Resto is a wild spec. In the AWC they were dominant, but this is kind of the problem. Resto is good when it has Comms. In Shuffle it was not top 3. And this is because of how totems function. Which is a smaller complaint. The spec is fine for the top 10% of pvpers. Both of them.

2. Elemental was a bot spec. Consistently A Tier rated by most people i watch, but the shaman complaint around Elemental is design. Its a LvB bot. Which is why the actual scriptwr bots played it. Because its a braindead spec.

3. Enhancement is a melee spec with no MS, bad gap closers, and worse defensives. Its comp options, kind of the lifeblood of pvp, are very limited. If its not doing broken DPS ita lucky to be B tier.

No it isn’t. Both DPS specs have very low representation in M+ and in raids. It’s clearly not fine as it is.

1 Like

Or create a hero talent that we need to cancel with a macro when it procs because is crappier than lightning bolt.

What’s this?

Mortal Strike. A healing reduction debuff that most melee have.

You play wow, disappointment is in your veins.

Correction, “you play a shaman, disappointment is in your veins”

2 Likes

False.

-Visually, Shaman is using spell effects that are completely outdated. Some go back to '04.
-Shaman tree is outdated with lots of 2 point nodes
-Shaman design in general is about a decade out of date and hasn’t kept pace with design of the game. Feels like dooker.

That’s not even the worse part, is the silence from Blizzard. Knowing all of this, last patch notes didn’t even had 1 line for shamans. Is beyond disappointing

3 Likes

Do you also need evidence that they work indoors in buildings that have running water? “Marketing” is not just a department. It is the process of looking at the current and potential customer base to determine what products will make money in the future.

The only way that marketing is not involved is if Blizzard is completely ignoring current marketing trends in the industry when deciding which direction to take their product.

As for the developers, the computer programmers and graphic artists that do the work, they don’t have time to do that type of research. And in the end, unless they are completely different from every company in any industry, management (or ownership) is responsible for the direction the product goes.

This whole argument is dumb. There’s about the same number of people who play mages and shamans. The difference between what mages have gotten in TWW alpha/beta and what shamans have gotten is MASSIVE. Mages basically get weekly updates and iteration, shamans have gotten nothing.

3 Likes

The way that works on every meeting I’ve ever seen is that the marketing person would come in with a wish list for the next release. He would put it up saying “We need this all done, in one year and you can not have any extra people”.

At that point we would all laugh. Oh how we would laugh and I’m talking knee slapping laughter. The marketing person always knew it was coming and would sort of chuckle along with us.

Then we would agree on a priority order and draw a line based on what was possible. What was above the line got done, what was below it did not get done.

At least that’s the way I’ve seen it done, many times. Hard to believe it’s much different anywhere else.

I’m curious, could you show us the numbers?

Dude enough with this nonsense, class popularity has nothing to do with it. This is pure incompetence. Thrall is one of the top 3 most iconic characters in world of Warcraft… this is ball dropping at its best. They have been dropping the ball, ppl have been asking for help for shamans for many expansions now. Even when they get good, by the end of the patch is nerfed to the ground.

Also, the silence is what is bothersome. We all remember Retpocalypse, the crimes we committed that whole week will guarantee 10 acres in hell for each of us ret paladins…. Is time for shamans to have their time.

2 Likes

Just stop engaging with the troll. Stop giving it the attention it wants.

1 Like

Honestly if they do a serious pass at the class tree I would be satisfied despite the little attention we get.

They recently buffed mana springs at the beta unless I read it wrong.

I’ll be honest…. I’m using it to our advantage…. Need this here to get as many comments and pray something good happens :frowning:

Could care less, I know for a fact he trolling.

875k vs 1000k unique shaman/mages in m+ atm

12.5k shaman mythic logs last 2 weeks
12k mage mythic logs last 2 weeks

Thats pretty close

But you feel these numbers means mages should get constant reworks, changes, communications. And shaman should get none.

2 Likes

We almost never see Thrall doing anything unique to being a shaman. What he does is far more diplomatic work than shaman work. Should they give us a diplomat class?

Yes, people are asking for help on shaman. Of the millions of players in this game we maybe hear from 100 or so shaman users and I’m being really generous there.

And I’m one of the people who would love to see Blood Elves get the shaman class however I doubt it really fits with the lore so it probably won’t happen.

Thrall is an idiot and an embarrassment.

If in game we could kill him lore wise I would be money all the shamans who cared about the story would be lining up for the shot no matter the time of the day.

Since DF this is irrelevant. BE’s should be able to be shamans, all those blood elves running amok as primalists.