So... Killing Brynja was the supposed "Vengeance for Teldrassil," right?

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/watch?v=5dbdaf3408a7da84ce73a33b

“Who’s to say she can’t create more [Val’kyr]? I mean she basically has the Kyrian at her disposal, and Odyn was able to, by sacrificing a single eye, create the power of the Val’kyr.”

That lasted, what? Less than a year before they took the supposed revenge back and gave Sylvanas supposed access to an army of Val’kyr to replace the one Val’kyr Tyrande took from her?

18 Likes

Not surprised. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Sylvanas rips apart the universe and creates a new one to rule over.

6 Likes

Then its simple, we get a gnomish vacuum cleaner and suck up all the Kyrian souls so Sylvie cant get more Valkyr.

5 Likes

Back in Cataclysm it was explicitly stated that Sylvanas can’t make more.

Someone get these fanfic writers out of the writing department.

12 Likes

Lol oh blizzard

(For clarity Mazzy Star [Maizou] did not write this but she quoted Blizzard.)

Reee, shut up John. She’s not supposed to have access to them, because Genn foiled her enslavement plan of Eyir.

3 Likes

While I fully understand how cheap this fills… I believe the idea is that, by killing Brynja, you have canonically removed Sylvanas’s ability to be brought back if she died again since she doesn’t have enough Valkyr to bring her back after it was established that it takes more of them each time she has to be brought back after death.

IMO, the whole story of BFA is contrived and forced and this ‘vengeance’ for Teldrassil is yet another instance of forced story points.

3 Likes

Woah, Blizzard forgot their own lore and denied the Alliance even a farce of a victory after brutalizing and victimizing them for years?

What are the odds of that happening a sixteenth time?!

12 Likes

what was even the point of killing that valkyr if 20m later she’s able to make as many as she wants? you know i’m a sylvie fan but this is ridiculous.

i’m sorry alliance.

5 Likes

The nine to Rez her were. They’re Prime Val’kyr. The lesser Val’kyr aren’t guarded. They don’t need to be. There’s a bunch of them. And those are the ones that raise Forsaken. The Primes are for Sylvanas.

4 Likes

Because I don’t believe she can make Prime Val’kyr. Unless I missed something somewhere. The ones she makes should be the lessers.

if that’s the case that’s fine. otherwise blizzard just pooed on the entire nelf playerbase.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s like reforging az traits? It costs her gold and each time it doubles. So, in couple of resurrects she’ll be feeling it!

1 Like

She can’t make lesser ones either though, and she hasn’t really had any left. There’s a reason Brynja and… the other one I can’t recall the name of were the ones resurrecting Night Elves and other races at Darkshore instead of the lesser ones.

complete sentence

When did we wipe out all of the lessers that are in WPL and the Forsaken starting zone and Silverpine? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

no kidding, this is souring me on the entire stinking Shadowlands story. Sylvanas sycophants gtfo of my wow.

again

Is there a difference between the named Valkyr and the hundreds of them she seemed to have at her disposal? When I did the Battle for Andorhal she brought in an army of them.

this is total crap though if she can make prime ones. like… what are they even thinking?

I think it was more Broken Shore, Lordaeron, and things like that. Most of them were wiped out. She probably has a few left (but she likely had them out resurrecting NPCs like that Blood ELf in the book), but most have been gone for a while.

There’s a reason Signe and Kyra were dispatched with Horde NPCs during the Horde War Campaign instead of lesser Val’kyr. Their power was never needed if you actually paid attention to the campaign, she just wanted them to tag along to watch the player/npcs. Something the lesser val’kyr could easily do.

The whole idea was killing Brynja weakened Sylvanas’ ability to resurrect new Forsaken as well as one less Val’kyr that could revive her.

Now they’re just like NOPE NOW SHE’LL BE ABLE TO RESURRECT PEOPLE INTO SERVITUDE AGAIN WITHOUT RISKING HER RESURRECTION!