So is the Horde campaign gonna come later or?

The reason people clung so hard to Stonetalon Garrosh was because no one other than Metzen wanted the Horde civil war story to happen. Some people were calling for it yes, but more in a “can we get this over with already?” type of way.

Stonetalon Garrosh gave people a glimmer of hope that the Horde might not actually get thrown under the bus to round out the redemption arc of Metzen’s second-favorite self-insert.

1 Like

His first being…?

I know he’s gone on record stating Malfurion is his favorite character.

Where have they confirmed this?

No cities should be turned neutral. Especially Capitol cities.

4 Likes

Because I play the game to play the game. I want the game to be fun. If i want a story ill read a book or watch a movie.

Is the game fun to play… because I have a library loaded with games that are fun.

Silvermoon is getting a revamp.

The main setting is going to be silvermoon/eversong.

The lore is going to be elf focused.

Those are things confirmed. It’d be weird not to let alliance into the new hub area.

I mean I guess they could have their own encampment or maybe they’ll help rebuild the other half of silvermoon and claim it for alliance elves. But somehow that feels worse in my eyes then going neutral.

So it’s assumption. Because the last time Silvermoon had focus, everyone resided on the Isle.

They haven’t said anything about the city even being the hub.

1 Like

Against their will? You lot seemed pretty willing - I saw Tauren parachuting down in Darkshore.

Maybe you as a player didnt want to do it, but the Horde absolutely did

I have some hopes for it. I wanna see the blood elves and nightborne become kingdoms again, so that way their heir can lead them both as one. All so silver moon gets trees that you can’t count the pixels on.

I said “self-insert”

1. Thrall
  2. Varian
1 Like

The summary Metzen himself gave of the expansion is reunite the elves, save Quel’thalas, push the void away.

They’re very unlikely to not make SMC the main hub unless they nuke it.

Also Malfurion counts as a Metzen OC

Us uniting would not have to mean that at all. It’s not like the Isle is far away. It’s actually closest to the well.

Metzen’s one sentence is carrying a lot for what the expac might be. I feel like it can’t possibly be it. Everything is always a lot less than people assume.

1 Like

This is the same level of cope as people who thought Bel’ameth would be locked to alliance only after that was datamined.

1 Like

:eyes:

Intrusive thoughts are GO!

I think they always said it’d be neutral. I definitely don’t remember people saying it’d be Alliance only when Amirdrassil was not. It’s not even remotely the same as a major Horde city being turned neutral. And Belameth isn’t really neutral. We are still watched closely there. People keep acting like it’s Teldrassil

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a major city in the mind of the devs other than the faction capitals and maybe debatably expansion hubs; definitely not cities which were never deemed important enough for a barber or transmog shop.

Like it’s been a constant complaint that post Cata alliance stuff effectively dethroned Ironforge from being a major city in favor of putting everything in Stormwind.

1 Like

I think that you have too much assumption going on. Carrying that one sentence to mean so much. I wonder what happens if the expac releases and people have to go to the isle again. Do people get mad over assumptions made about things not said?

1 Like

I still think he tripped over his words and meant “trolls” because we’ve never called the elves “tribes” before.

1 Like

It’s a fitting term, though. The main reason people are getting bugged by it is a mistaken assumption that it represents a specific culture rather than a group of peoples of a singular culture and usually family ties.

The city of Rome had tribes too.

I mean people are getting mad over the very explicit statement that Metzen made on elven reunification. No one would have described Suramar as it unfolded as a reunification of the elven tribes.

They Haven’t confirmed this. Some just think that Alliance are somehow owed a Horde Capitol. Because Blizzard has created some new neutral zones for them to share.

I always hear about how Blizz was wrong to make Gilnaes and Amidrassil neutral. Yet no one mentions how the Isle of Quel’danas has been neutral since TBC. When it should be a Blood Elf zone. Speaking of Quel’danas it wouldn’t surprise me if the upgraded the area and just leave it neutral as it is now.

2 Likes

id love anything that has me around orc women more.

1 Like