So is the Horde campaign gonna come later or?

Maybe that’s why he turned out okay.

After a lot of thought, the story had to be done this way. The incompetent Alleria and the crybabe Anduin made sure we would have something to do for the weeks to come. Imagine if it was two or three orc peons intead of these two alliance, we would have burned Azj-Kahet on the pre-patch and Xal’atath’s head would be on a pike on the entrance of Orgrimmar on week one.

2 Likes

He has proven he doesn’t care about his people.

That reminds me of an essay I wrote.

1 Like

As long as you start on The Wandering Isle it doesn’t matter what faction you choose on character creation.

I imagine that’s going away in midnight since silvermoon is supposedly going neutral. It wouldn’t be fair to make just one horde city neutral. I think most if not all cities will become neutral.

It really shouldn’t, for any cities on either side.
It was turbo cancer when it happened to Amirdrassil, it was turbo cancer when it happened to Gilneas, it’ll be turbo cancer when it happens to any other city, and there is literally nothing in any other city you actually miss out on by being unable to access it.
In fact unless they go through the effort of splitting them into separate layers for War Mode specifically you’d just be soft removing the achievements for killing faction leaders by making them unattackable.
It’s just a huge waste of time to accomplish essentially nothing, and very likely in the process break a bunch of stuff that on its face seems completely unrelated to the matter but through decades of code spaghettification has been so made.
And on top of that it pulls the teeth out of stories that came before, like happened with Gilneas. The starting zone was a good narrative experience, but now going through it is like watching earlier seasons of Game of Thrones post s8, despair.

2 Likes

Did all the people that used to whine about horde bias switch to horde and now they are whining about alliance bias or what is going on?

Don’t think either side has a monopoly on whining sadly.

2 Likes

Technically they were every shaman race + elves for some reason (even thought neither blood nor night elves have shaman, then again you had blood elf flame druids too, it was a weird palette of antagonists), which admittedly limits the alliance presence to dwarves and KT

You keep using this word.

I don’t think it means what you think it means.

It’s metaphoric shorthand for absolutely bloody awful.

The only thing cancerous about this is that it’s spreading - except it’s more like chemo for the game. It will make a lot of people whine but it will ultimately save it.

1 Like

Big disagree and I’ve already pointed out my why of it before.

1 Like

Players thought he was emo until Wrath, by Cataclysm (and especially after Stonetalon) most of the Horde loved him.

Garrosh’s writing was all over the place.

Going back to Stonetalon he’s presented as an honorable hero. In the Wolfheart novel he’s written as a master strategist. In Northrend and Twilight Highlands, as you mentioned, his recklessness nearly led the Horde to lose both campaigns.

And in late Mists of Pandaria, they went full on villain with him.

His only consistent trait was that he was impulsive.

Yes, he acted much younger than his age, largely due to his hot-headed nature.

All that said, he still could’ve benefitted from a redemption arc, and by the time he died the players loved him.

There’s still hope for this in the inevitable return to Outland and/or Draenor expansion where we deal with Yrel. Judging by that Lightforged Gorehowl pic I’ve seen floating around, AU Lightforged Garrosh is a real possibility.

I could see AU Garrosh taking control of the Lightforged army, bringing us Lightforged orcs and achieving redemption in the end, even better if Thrall helps him achieve it and finds closure.

That, or Yrel took up Gorehowl after AU Grom’s death.

We shall see.

It’s fine. Just make them hostile in war mode for the achieve and pvp imersion folks.

tbh warmode would be better if it was FFA

Which is just more meaningless work, like I said, and liable to break things that otherwise wouldn’t have been broken because of years of code spaghettification.
To clarify, I’m fine with guilds, instanced content, trade / services channels, crafting orders and such being cross-faction, but I draw the line at cities because it makes no sense for either side to allow it given all the history between them. The caveat for adventurers I have is because they’re effectively mercenaries.

1 Like

I dunno what turbo cancer is but I’m not ashamed to admit it made me laugh.

1 Like

Ridiculous. Metzen got raked over the coals by Horde players at Blizzcon right after it was revealed that garrosh would be ‘warchief’.

Garrosh’s writing was perfectly consistent, except the 1 questline written for Thrall in Cata where the writer didn’t get the memo that Thrall wasn’t around anymore.

Oh, there we go! So predictable.

Richard Knaak

2 Likes