So is 8.1 ele good in pvp now?

They just dumpstered RET so it looks like I either switch to my alt or just unsub entirely. My only other 120 happens to be a shaman, so I’m wondering how the 8.1 live changes have affected ELE pvp? Specifically POV from arena would be nice.

How does the damage look now? Is it sustained or burst oriented now? Is there an improvement in utility that might make ele more viable in 8.1 arenas?

Lightening Lasso is insane but it will probably be nerfed before end of week but still Ele was at the bottom in PvP , any improvement whatever it may be is an improvement from current state

3 Likes

Every caster is innately worse than melee by themselves because of caster archaic mechanics themselves.

5 Likes

avoid the shaman class for the rest of bfa.

2 Likes

My elemental is hitting like a truck. 24k frost shock crits. My stormbringer LB critting for 28k. With overload and some rng I can see melting folks in 3 globals. Lasso is op AF. 11k per tick. Undispellable. Definitely needs nerfing. Ice fury is so awesome now too. Don’t know if we’re elite by any means, but we’re a whole lot better imo.

2 Likes

Yes ele is good

If you can force trinket before 50% HP you win.

1 Like

Who are you fighting against that is so incompetent you can get out any cast?
Any good melee would drop you before you cast a single lightning bolt.
Stun, silence, school lock, NOT IN FRONT OF YOU, school lock, NOT IN FRONT OF YOU, STUN!
Just kidding, after the first stun you’re most likely kicking the bucket already because while Ele has to cast for 2 secs to hit a miserable 6k, a Rogue hits the same ammount with an offhand single autoattack.
Also, Lightning Lasso OP? It can be school locked, silenced, canceled in many different ways and if there’s no CC to stop it you can simply autoattack the shaman and the duration will be less than half :smiley:

2 Likes

Did you ever think maybe you just suck? World wide Winner!

3 Likes

Not OP by any measure and no need for a nerf . Any half decent player can interrupt all the casting . Please now that we are Atleast viable , don’t ask for a nerf and put us back at the bottom where we have been last 4 months

PS:- sometimes I think the Ele Shaman community just loves to be useless . Learn from the D priests, OP for 4 months and even now complaining because they got little nerfed .

There is a difference between being viable… and being stupid. almost 50% hp dropped of a target who can’t fight back , provided you are smart enough to bait a trinket… isn’t great.

I think you would find most people prefer to win through skill, rather than an I.W.I.N button. People are not asking it to be nerfed. No, we are fully aware that the possibility of it being nerfed will happen, because it is too strong in certain environments.

No one… has asked for it to be nerfed. People are just concerned that it may be… overtuned.

2 Likes

So when Mages use gpy for 35 percent damage in about half the time as the Lasso and can fire blast along with it , that’s is not overtuned ?

Come on guys just stop drawing attention to the Lasso. It’s good , not OP and similar to some other abilities other classes have had for ever .

3 Likes

I initially thought it was overturned but after thinking about it you have to consider.

1. It is channeled and interruptable.

2. You do absolutely zero while channeling it. Not like you can spam your rotation. It doesnt generate health or maelstrom.

3. It is no difference than any other class forcing a trinket si you can burst dps them in a stun.

4. 66k dmg in 6 secs isnt OMG call the cops an ele stole my arena rating.

5. The only way this can be crazy is if you stacked packspirit and all the healing proc azerite traits took ancestral guidance
    popped SE/AG/GW/LL and killed them from 80% and healed you and your team to full.

This is actually one of the rare times an actual WoW spell has a direct causality effect.
Pally bubble is fully immune yet can heal and attack
Mage can ice lock making completely immune except for being healed.
Rogue gets 100% dodge but can still do full combat rotation
Warrior gets 100% parry yet can still do full combat rotation

LL before was a poor man’s cc it was useful but poor. You lock yourself out to stun but can move and do nothing else to die 6 sec later.

I think it is in a good spot. It forces other teams to think when they have to deal with us and not just Mongo snow plow the ele til it does. Oh wait you chased the ele around a pillar zzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaapppppppppp.

1 Like

Yes exactly what I think … finally they can’t ignore the Ele Shaman , whether in WPvP or in arenas . Gonna be super pissed if they nerf anything . We are finally in a good spot for both PvP and PvE with LL and Icefury stacking with frost leading to ES helping us have spells we can hit on the move which can generate malestorm . Will help with all mythic plus bosses and raids where movement is king .

1 Like

Guys, what are your sugestions for 3v3 comps with Elemental?

L$D: destro or aff
Ele boomy x
Warrior ele x
Mage ele x
Rogue ele x. Hex A blind B. LL C in a smoke bomb gonna be the new nuke.

And contrary to popular belief
Resto shan and ele play well together.

1 Like

After playing some low rating arenas (1800 - 1900) and watching streams the whole night, I can say I enjoeyd (Boomkin/Ele/x) (Shadow/Ele/x) and (War/Ele/x).

At first, I thought Elementals would make good setups comps (like with destro or Fire Mages), but I guess where they will really shine is in high pressure comps.

1 Like

No and no. My shaman is only 9 ilvls below yours and my Icefury Frost Shocks crit for 13k and my Stormkeeper Lightning Bolts crit for about 17k.

2 Likes

9 ilvl is a ton

Any ele shamans wanna do 3s with me? I’m only 1700 atm but I would like to ride your lasso to 2k for duelist