8.1 Shamans info please

So are they any good or did they get screwed?

There’s an 8.1 thread already started for elemental and resto. Might help give you an idea if you are interested in those specs. Not sure about Enhance.

Resto:

Elemental:

Enh did get some significant nerfs in pvp (loss of static cling , New ride the lightning) Not only damage was lost, but the ability to stick to targets with the ms buff cling gave you. Did it push them into impossible to play? … Needs more testing I think. Currently Ride the lightning breaks cc whenever it wants, which… in pvp is … not a desired outcome.

Enh pve, will also need some testing. Overall damage buffs, but malestorm generation was nerfed. Will they do more damage… or be starved forcing less dps?

Enh needs mechanical help… a far deeper look into the spec and changes done there I think.

Other specs, resto / ele. Enough threads are there discussing the usefulness of the buffs, but overall… It is good news for those specs.

Enhance was supposed to get a 5% damage increase, but it’s hard to test for due to the extreme randomness of our output. I just did a 5 minute test, big raid dummy attacking rear for 5 minutes. Opened with lust and all CD’s I had 9.1K DPS at the end, which is no better than it was in 8.01
Second 5 minute run = 9.3K
So, no obvious changes, but I do seem to be waiting for SS to come off CD a lot more often than before.