So is 8.1 ele good in pvp now?

The fotm sin/fire/disc rerollers that have plagued pvp would like a word with you.

OP: Ele hits hard with the proper setup. Fyi they just hotfixed TV so you don’t have to jump off that wagon just yet.

What did they hot fix ?

Anyway Lasso is getting trinketed left and right in arenas … so much for OP.

Well maybe Blizz will leave Lasso alone now .

TV’s reduced dmg in pvp was removed. They basically shifted some of their burst into more sustained. Good change imo.

If you’re forcing early trinkets with lasso, that’s a good thing. Makes the other team play more defensively. It’s not supposed to be an auto-win every 30 seconds.

That said, I still think % based abilities are bad.

9 ilvl does not add 11k damage to a spell, sorry.

2 Likes

people do ok in one bg and think ele is good…lol.

2 Likes

It was good for the first few hours … then we started getting trinketed and stunned . Still loads better than where we were in 8.0

Are you using skyfury? Also, I said, Stormbringer LB. My normal LB crits are obviously alot lower.

You mean Icefury?

Yes, that’s why I compared it to my own Storm keeper Lightning Bolts.

Skyfury totem. This thread is about pvp remember, so that was added into the mix! … It would definately boost the lightning bolts to cover the difference between you two.

Also. Don’t get petty with names. You knew what they referred to. Don’t do that please.

2 Likes

Also my bad on the storm keeper mistake. You know what I mean though.

1 Like

but laso is only 30 sec cd while trinket is 2min.

2 Likes

What is the CD on KS?
You know that 6 sec stun that you force trinket then use to 70%-0 someone (more like 80% but I felt generous)

That stun that was 8 sec for combat
That stun that is nondispellable
That stun that is uninterruptible
That stun that you can do your full combat rotation to and cast defense and off CDs while using

Wait now what is OP.

Once again ele is not a complete free kill for rogue so must be OP.

4 Likes

Or I can do what I please and you can shove it. Thanks.

Yeah, no, it definitely would not. The only explanation I can see is Wird is taking numbers from hitting a target dummy which doesn’t factor in the PvP reduction to critical strike damage. This thread is about PvP remember, so that should be added to the mix!

I tried it in a duel, but ok, don’t know why you’re so angry. Check out tiqqle streams and videos and he’s hitting 30k crits on his ice fury frost shocks in arena and bg, and also regularly hitting 32k crit on main Lb with storm keeper, but me hitting 24k/28k is impossible…

What would I gain for making up numbers? We’re talking about ele viability, not who does the biggest numbers contest. Don’t understand your aggression. I’m not a great elemental shaman by any means, but these are the numbers I saw.

2 Likes

Angry monk panda is angry.
Shaman has to be bad or all this ranting for the past few months while the rest of us kept saying wait and be patient is for nothjng.

2 Likes

What ranting? I haven’t even been back to the game for a few months, let alone had my current shaman leveled.

The math simply doesn’t add up. To land a 30k Frost Shock crit would require your Frost Shock to be hitting for north of 5.5k without the Icefury buff. Even with Skyfury included that baseline requirement is going to go down to maybe a little over 5k. You can maybe lower it even a bit further if you have a decent amount of Versatility stacked, but we’re still looking at 4.5k baseline Frost Shocks which just aren’t happening given current gear levels. It would require 10,000 intellect to achieve that number.

Not gonna argue with you, since I’m simply not a math or statistical person when it comes to game numbers. Just saying, I watch ele streams and they are busting out 30k plus lightning bolts on live arenas and bgs. Go check tiqqles latest video. 28k-32k storm keeper LB all throughout the video in a BG.

1 Like

Yeah looking at his gear he’s not touching 28k crits, let alone 32k. His LB crits will be around 24k with Stormkeeper and Skyfury active.

Lasso and Surge of Power LB proc need to be nerfed heavily. Lasso needs to be atleast 1 min 30 CD.

I’m really shocked people are happy with the class right now - I get it free wins and what not but geez it’s not even remotely fun. This is my perspective from playing Ele.

Also, I guess Orcs are getting out of atleast 1 extra tick of damage.

I’d want to see Lasso changed to 20-30% over 4 seconds ( including a CD increase) and Surge of Power nerfed to max 1 proc of LB. I was really hoping our cast times on LB and Lava Burst would come down abit so we wern’t constantly getting CC’d mid cast.

The spec feels very mongo and I hope there is some tweaking to make it less one trick pony.