So if i dont need FR for MC

Sure, you can assume that based on his known stances. However, his statement was neutral and doesn’t lean either way.

YOUR statement, however, attempts to force context. You ASSUME, Mogar is talking about Pservers being easier but you don’t KNOW because his comment was ambiguous.

:cocktail:

Wait a second… isn’t wearing resistance gear gaming the system to avoid mechanics?

2 Likes

At least I can get joy out of whatever raiding I will be doing will be as a “dwarf priest with healing buttons filling a spot”, so I can get a nice warm fuzzy feeling about being snug and safe in my fire resist.

Few really know how 1.12 actually played. You mean private servers.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the whole point of resistance gear was to be a form of progression. It was developed for that reason xD

People keep saying this. But how could anyone possibly know this without an actual vanilla reference?

1 Like

If you think you won’t need resist gear in Vanilla, put down the pipe…

1 Like

That is interesting especially considering you just made that up lol. Sure bosses have missed some mechanics on some servers since 2012. The vast majority of them have gotten to as close to authentic as possible. Even if they are missing mechanics, the bosses are still harder due to overtuning. That shows how simple vanilla content is.

Don’t know, not without developer notes from back then. Resistance gear could have been for PvP. Or an undeveloped purpose even.

Raid mechanics were never fully thought out in vanilla. Which is why they launched with undefeatable bosses, per the devs.

Wow…

lol

Quoted for truth.

And then there was the time we were running BGs with a shot caller that was speaking Japanese, and the person trying to translate for her didn’t know any Japanese whatsoever (and also was high as a kite). Best day of WoW ever!

Common sense man. Common sense.

People grouped crap specs like Boomkins, Ret Pallies, Enhance Shamans, Feral Druids, Arcane Mages, Affliction Locks, Hunters en-mass, ect in real Vanilla.

People know better now so raids deal a LOT more DPS. If you want to “win” vanilla you just stack as many Fury Warriors , Combat Rogues, SM/DS + Ruin locks as you can outside of a Hunter or two with Tranq, one Shadow Priest, and a few Frost or Fire mages depending on the content.

Modern “classic” raids are putting out 60-100% more dps due to better specs, better comps, and better knowledge of gearing. Also the player base isn’t mainly children anymore.

Dude there are tons of combat logs, screenshots, and videos still around. 2004 Ain’t that long ago. We aren’t talking about ancient Egypt here.

Preserving this response for posterity.

Combat log data preserved from vanilla is nice and all but it’s not the whole story, not even remotely.

You do not know the full kit (gear) or talents of the player in question in most cases.
You do not know exactly what patch it was (in most cases).
You do not know the entire set of buffs that player was actually using (in most caess)
You do not know at all how the hit / miss, dodge, block, parry, glancing, and armor or resist on the server side actually works; we merely speculated how it worked in vanilla.
You do not know the math behind the boss mechanics, how they’re actually calculated.

Merely adding health and damage values to NPC’s makes the fight last slightly longer, but when you’re not required to actually stop DPS and do something different to A: avoid damage, or B: help another player then the fight just becomes a mindless tank and spank that can be easily math’d out with min-maxing gear.

What I am saying here is if your raid is missing raid mechanics it’s flat out easier even if you double the bosses HP and double his damage output. Some of the hardest encounters in WoW had bosses with realistically low health values, it was the mechanics (per the content) that made them challenging because you were doing things other than your face-roll DPS rotation.

1 Like

Seriously, stop…you guys are killing me…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5 Likes

It’s ok if you don’t accept it.

But it’s possible that they had no plan for resistances. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t an acceptable usage. That’s a very different statement.

1 Like

If you actually believe what you are saying… I can’t move on in this conversation. I am not going to waste my time on the obvious.

Which do not provide a complete picture, more like a glimpse.

2 Likes

Take the easy road and believe that the devs fully designed raids around resistance gear.

No one could pick that apart at all… /sarc

It’s ok though. It’s not important to have that conversation. It’s how vanilla was and how classic will be.

1 Like

But the devs from nost actually said that the raids were easier on private servers because trash didnt work right, almost all the numbers they worked with were made up, the bosses calculated crits, misses, glancing blows, etc poorly compared to live, and the player gear was most likely not operating correctly. On top of this, some player abilities stacked in ways that they wouldnt in classic. In short, the actual creators of some of the most populous private servers even admitted that private servers numbers were off across the board.
In short, no, raids will not be easier, and no, people with years of practicing wrong fights will not just roflstomp their way through.

4 Likes