So if i dont need FR for MC

I didn’t raid in Vanilla, but I did in TBC. This made me chuckle. We call it the human factor of WoW. Not everyone is on a hardcore progression raid guild. Many, MANY players, will Raid on the chiller / relaxed side. It IS a game afterall.

1 Like

Ok, way to argue semantics.

Again more claims, yet no evidence. . .

Yes.
Yes if you’re one of the 15 melee soakers (and even then I’m pretty sure it’s possible to cheese huhu by bursting the hell out of her with world buffs+consumes and skip the whole “stack nature resist for the last 30%” shtick).
Yes.

2 Likes

The evidence is on every private server since 2012? Every single major server has purposely overtuned raids with progressive itemization as well.

Yes and for the 3 drakes prior to him.Otherwise be prepared for one shots.

I think PS guilds still run some NrR for huhu, maybe not as much as you used.

Mandatory.

To answer all of your questions, new strategies. People have improved from 2006 to 2019. Just because you are completely oblivious to new strategies doesn’t mean that they don’t exist. Join a hardcore guild or watch some youtube videos to see what strategies some guilds have made public.

As for the “authenticity” of private servers, no-one is arguing that the boss encounters are perfect. It seems that you are using that as a scapegoat argument to make the claim that private servers are very inaccurate and much easier. That isn’t the case. On average, they are overtuned from the original mechanics, as they go with the highest estimate for the additional challenge.

1 Like

The better guilds in vanilla were more or less doing about the same stuff as the private servers do now. They just think its new because most of them were unaware of the strats used by top end guilds at the time.

Its just less guarded information now, and they have a touch of elitism going because many think they invented the wheel.

3 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: people basing their expectations off of private server experiences are in for a huge shock.

7 Likes

And I’ll say it again: you really haven’t done the math on the subject.

2 Likes

i think if players are expecting raids to be the “main point of the experience” then they’ll be sorely disappointed. With the exception of Naxx, vanilla raiding wasn’t hard. It was time consuming and frustrating dealing with 40 children, and even harder to get them all on the same page. We’re going into this thing with all of the knowledge in the world. Yes, a lot of it is based off private servers. No, most of them were not 100% authentic, but who cares? The strategies arn’t going to change. The BiS lists won’t change - and if anything the bosses will be easier as most PServers deliberately overtuned their boss armor/resist values. This was common knowledge among the Pserver communities.

Just enjoy classic for what it’s meant to be - WoW, but with the RPG elements we all know and love; that…and oppressing the hybrids. YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!!

Interesting when raiders I actually know who say they’re easier because they’re missing key mechanics and the raid mechanics they do have don’t work properly.

3 Likes

If you arnt the tank you only need the ony cloak for nef.
If you are getting shadowflamed by the 3 drakes and arnt the tank you are probably in the wrong place. The only time i got shadowflamed by one of the drakes in vanilla waswhen our raid leader mocking blowec ebonroc.

As for nr youe entire raid dosnt need it, in fact its bad if they all have it since its a dps race from when the dot starts stacking.

I cant speak for saph in vanilla since i never did him then.

But fr wasnt needed for most people in mc

Private servers are all guestimates on the raid bosses. They do not have the actual numbers that Blizzard has.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the throne blocks LoS in classic, when I killed nef in TBC you still needed the cloak or you died when he transitioned into P2.

How do you know it’s the not the opposite of what you’re expecting? How do you know that private servers aren’t actually harder than Vanilla?

You don’t, you’re just speaking with conviction about something you don’t know.

1 Like

Yeah sure but if the tank does not have enough FR he will be knocked away and Ragnaros will start oneshotting people until he gets back in range.
Also he will do those fire bomb thingies randomly to people and knock them to lava or just straight up kill them.

It’s gets progressively harder to dps when your raid starts dying.
People in good gear and armed with consumables will surely do a quick job out of him but casuals in crap gear and barely any consumables will have a horrible time.

I am just saying that as Vanilla raid encounters had a high demand of preparing beforehand it causes hardcores to have an easy kill because they can and will do all the necessary steps and casuals have hard kill or even no kill at all because then can’t or just won’t do the necessary preparations.

And this simply won’t change “even when we are armed with all the knowledge in the world” people are what they are.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t they be in for a shock regardless? Whether significantly harder or significantly easier?

You just trying to play gotcha?

:cocktail:

1 Like

To correct people
The strat used to kill Huhuran on private server isn’t the class stacking+dps race, they get all the raid to use the Barov Peasant Caller trinket so the Peasants take all the stacks and melees keep their dps gear
If it works or not on Classic, we’ll just have to wait and see

And for Sapph the average guild doesn’t skip the FrR and hardcore guilds class stacking+full world buffs+consumes+full bis gear isn’t what 99% of the guilds are gonna encounter (pretty sure their hunters still have FrR tho with how poor the scaling is)

And for Rag, the most likely to work with 0FR on raid except the tank, Greater Fire Protection Potions are your friend ^^
(Also you’d have a 2nd tank ready when the MT is knocked back anyway, why would you want to rely on RNG knockback?)

Look, I made a point not to reply to your one-liners and trolling but after awhile of enduring this, I’ve decided I may as well just just do quick responses to your bait.

He means they’re going to be “in for a shock” because he thinks private servers are far easier. I’m sure you already knew this though.