So I bought a 46 inch monitor

And then, if you’re going to be that far away, why not just… get a smaller monitor for less money and sit closer? Seems like the same overall effect, no?

Unless the wife also plays and is the one driving the purchase. :wink:

god save us all :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: someone has to be the reasonable one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But… I am the reasonable one, most of the time anyway. :grin:

I’ve been using 55 Inch LG OLED since Shadowlands. I just put this TV 5 feet away from me. At first, it was hard to get used to it. Was using double 1080 monitors before it. But in time, I got used to it. At least I accomplished KSM and AoTC (I am casual btw).

I only did DF Season1… It was very beautiful to see Dragon Isles from the sky. Then I switch to Diablo 4. Played it for a year and a month ago, I finally killed Uber Lilith with that 55 inch OLED TV. I have 2x 55 inch LG OLED’s. Few times, I played with my buddy where he brought his Playstation to use my Living Room LG OLED while I play on my room on another LG OLED. It was a blast. My buddy loves to play his Playstation on my Living Room TV. That was Diablo 4.

Now, I just got back to WoW to play The War Within. The new patches made my PC to crash. I just lessen the settings since I have an old GPU card. Now, I am on Remix… got everything… except the Necklace although I finished SoO Normal… no crash. Looks like I am ready for TWW with this 4K TV.

No, she didn’t.

The article I linked was from June 2024…

But in my life, things happen, which is why I buy products that will tolerate my lifestyle. If an O works for you, good deal.

I had to get used to it in single player games first. I have the curved odyssey G9 ultrawide from samsung (I think its like 49"), I love it. It’s far more useful for FFXIV, cuz I can move everything around the screen. However, for Wow I have it set up so everything important is in the middle of the screen, around where my character is. So bufs/debuffs, target, focus target, casting bars, and ability bars are all around the middle for example. Just so I can basifcally ignore almost half the screen during combat. This is the best part about them I think, you have more real estate to set up your UI how you want it.

It really depends on the user in the end. I went ultrawide, and I wont go back to anything smaller. This is just way to amazing for me. For others, it may not be.

OLED is the best gaming display type at the moment. Nothing comes close. Although just not the one the OP got, it has bad resolution for it’s size and is seen as a meme.

I have a 48 inch Lg ultra gear and there is about 2 1/2 - 3 feet between myself and the monitor for good viewing.

Move it back from your face. You don’t have to be 6 inches from the screen anymore. I bought a 32" I would never go back. Bought a second one a couple years ago when the first cheap POS one I had crapped out.

With a 46 you can sit on your dang couch to play lol.

Once i tried 75" I saw my leg size diablo, feeling scared to attack… lol
huge digital motion-sickness hit my eyes hurt soon, and switched into my monitor right after… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
but console is fine…

I have a 70" monitor on my desk, I love it.

when i was young, i would sit 6 inches or .1524 meters, away from the tv. It all looked super max to me.

I returned it. Getting a 32 inche instead

1 Like

My gaming laptop didn’t even cost as much as this dude’s monitor.

You might be too close to a large monitor like that?

I have a 42" LG flat screen TV on the wall about 6-7 feet away from me. I sit in my comfy recliner with a wireless keyboard & mouse, and use a lap-desk across the arms of the recliner. The only problem I have playing this way is that occasionally I need to move a little closer to read tiny type, or the goofy websites that decide its cool to use dark blue letters on a black background :roll_eyes:

I’d measure how high your eyes are when sitting and check how tall the monitor will be. Your eye height at sitting should be about the same height as the top of the monitor for comfort.

What about those of us that still use a 14 inch monitor? Asking for a friend.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

1 Like

This stopped being true at a certain size and was only a big reference point when people still used 17-21" monitors. Eyes at top of monitor is no bueno 32" to 42".