So I bought a 46 inch monitor

I believe you need 88 reflections deep.

1 Like

I have 2 x 32 Samsung Curved and I love it.

27-32" is the sweet spot for me.

Much larger than that and you’re leaving monitor territory and entering into TV territory.

it’s for wow. i would agree if it was for new games . i still play wow on a 2018 laptop and my steam deck . let’s be honest no one’s wife would agree to blow thousands of dollars on just playing wow

tilts monitor by 5 degrees

My ultra wide is a curved VA panel it’s not bad, ips is obviously better for colour is that right?

Idk, I love it - never experienced ghosting or anything like that, 160hz, 1440p.

It was $700 Australian dollars which isn’t bad I don’t think for LG brand

Move further away from the monitor. That should help.

There are optimal size to distance ratios you should consider.

Take look: ’ tv size to distance graph - Google Search’

What gets pushed to your monitor has to do with your PC, not your monitor.

You’re saying I could have a toaster of a PC, but if I have a $5000 TV, I’ll get “245 fps?” That’s not how it works.

This post is the same kind of person who gets dual gfx cards and brags about how great WoW looks … when WoW doesn’t support dual gfx cards.

gg

Recommend: “Dell S2721QS Monitor 27 Inch, 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Display, Ultra-Thin Bezel, AMD FreeSync, HDMI, DisplayPort, VESA Certified”

$249, Amazon Choice, 72% 5 star

This monitor is amazing. Just the right size for WoW.

1 Like

I made a mistake; it was the black smearing I meant to report.

The black smearing on the Odyssey G5 34" is huge. For example, in Elden Ring, if I stay still and move the screen from side to side, you notice that the sharp effect disappears into something more blurry and returns to normal when you stop moving.

When walking, it’s the same thing. It doesn’t bother too much when i’m distracted, but it can remove some details from scenes and objects.

Let’s say the price for our reality here was high. I’ll try to translate it to your reality: let’s say I earn 4,000 reais, and at the time, it cost me 3,500 reais, which was absurdly high. Its like you earn 2k dollars for a month and buy a monitor that costs 1,5k (in brazil’s reallity, ok?)
Today, for you, I think this monitor would cost around $550. But considering that salaries there are different from ours, it’s still an ‘absurd’ price here, especially considering this black smearing issue that no one resolves—neither Nvidia, Samsung, nor anyone with VA panels.

Unfortunately, I can’t buy another one or return it due to the usage time, and with rent, bills, and all, I can’t afford to switch to a Samsung ViewFinity S6.

I have a 43" 4K and it’s fine. I don’t have to turn my head to see things. I sit about 2-2.5 feet away from it.

People will probably laugh at me for this, but honestly, I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes by my 27 inch moniters. When I “upgrade” I’m going back to 24 inch. That was the sweet spot for me. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I run 3 monitors but wow runs on a 32" curved Samsung and it’s a goated wow experience.

I’m sure you can get used to something bigger but the strain on your eyes is terrible and pointless.

Holy crap, what video card are you using? Lol.

took me quite some time to get use to my 32 inch , but i did.

I said sort of the same thing in the topic lol. It’s not way too big, but it is a tad oversized imo. 24 is probably the best.

1 Like

I’m not that guy, but I run a 1080 ti Duke @ 4k resolution. I get 70+ FPS in Valdrakken, 100 FPS ±10% in world depending on the number of people. If I turn my settings down like I do in raids, I’m hitting 300+.

Honestly, it’s not the graphics card that’s the bottleneck. It’s the CPU. WoW is optimized to be CPU heavy. Since upgrading a MOBO, CPU, and RAM is usually way cheaper than GPU, that’s (probably) an unintended blessing.

1 Like

I wouldn’t run WOW full screen on such a monitor. I’d put WOW in the middle and have discord on one side and a web browser on the other.

1 Like

I use a 75” tv for playing. You could have bought a similar sized 4k hd tv for 1/4 that price you paid.