So I bought a 46 inch monitor

I would reccomend if you have the space to mount it to a wall or of you can scoot back enough to where can see it more comfortably.

Yup. Its a thing. Thats why competitive players stick around the 23 inch range, because its less space to move a reticle, and your eyes don’t need to be roaming around and tiring out. I have a 27 imch 1440p, and even aometimes that gets annoying looking around.

Once you’re into the 30s, you have to start thinking about how far you are from the monitor. You could play on 60 plus if you were far enough away

Yeah, I have an Odyssey G5 - 34". The only thing I don’t like is the huge ghosting it has; other than that, it’s an excellent monitor.

Since I live in Brazil, it’s very expensive to get a 34" ultrawide that is IPS or another technology that isn’t VA or TN.

Yes. Lol. Seems dumb, but felt cool at the time. Will probably return later

Simple. Sit 46 inches away from it. Your eyes will only have to look 30 degrees left or right. No head turning needed.

Everyone’s saying you should go smaller, ignore them. Go bigger.

Thank you everyone for the responses. I will most likely return it. It cant be mounted. Are curved monitors just not ideal for gaming? Or WoW in general. Theres a smaller 32inch monitor with the same quality and cheaper. But im seeing people say to stick with the flat screens. Is that ideal?

agreed! All TV’s should be wall mounted, imo.

man…this 34" I have is just this side of ‘too wide’.
someone in here was right a while back when they told me that a bit too wide and its just TOO wide, lol.

46" and I think my neck would start hurting from turning so much, lol

The goal is to see into the future.

You’ll need an 80 inch monitor and a couple mirrors. once you have about 80 reflections deep, you can pretty much go as far back as the 60’s.

Way too big for me. I am very comfortable with my 34in dual monitors, anything larger and I feel like I need to move back.

Nope, I have smaller duel monitors, 23.8". Much better for my comfort. I never got the huge monitor hype

1 Like

That’s a TV mate.

Obviously it’s being built as a gaming monitor if its 240hz and costs $1800, but that’s just a TV.

If your setup isn’t sitting on a couch halfway across the room with a wireless keyboard (or controller I suppose), just return the thing.

Way too big to comfortably use in a computer desk setting.

3 Likes

check this one on amazon

Dell 144Hz Gaming 27 Inch Curved Monitor with FHD (1920 x 1080) Display, Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync HDMI, DisplayPort, VESA Certified, Gray - S2721HGF

1 Like

1920x1080 seems a little dated, no?

Given OP is someone who blew $1800 on the monitor I think it’s okay to at least jump up to 2k. 4k is hit or miss and is gonna have a bigger performance cost so I get maybe skipping on that.

As many others is bigger is not better in this situation, you have to constantly move your eyes too far

Sir, that’s a television.

2 Likes

you ditch the desk and get a small adjustable height 2X3 table top. perfect for KBM.

I have two machines connected to my TV, gaming machine, music machine. I can bright the height up on the table top so I can stand and play or sit… and play.