So hows parse culture working out?

there’s people that make a living of doing this for 3v3 arena in wow. League of Legends is also insane for the coaching services. you can hire someone to sit in a discord call with you and critique your gameplay in real time.

literally doesn’t matter the thought is there in their heads. The fact is it is toxic to the entire group

What do you mean need? nothing about my argument references need. my arguement rests on GREED, you know like greeding to finish a cast even though your supposed to move. Doesnt matter if your top 50 or bottom greed for a higher parse number is toxic.

I don’t think most of the arguments here against parsing are mechanic based vs exclusion from groups? Could be wrong tho. Even then most players with orange and pink parses still do the very few mechanics there are

do they or have they stacked their group to kill the boss in 30 seconds with world buffs and consumes actually ignoring most mechanics?

Ignoring mechanics is only possible when they arent dangerous. AKA pmuch all SoD mechanics.

Ask for an easy game, this is what you get.

Also if you don’t actually have to do the mechanic a boss has, why would you do it?

2 Likes

You missed the point of what I said entirely and focused on need and took it completely out of context.
You do not need to do anything cheesy to parse high, unless you are shooting for the very top, that was my point. Yet you missed that.

I have been in all kinds of groups and even raided for over a year with a group that tried to parse on every single boss pull. We all did the mechanics and still parsed high 99s regularly.

The secret to parsing high, is having everyone on board to parse high, then the boss dies faster.

You can still easily parse purples and oranges in even average guilds that do not try and parse, easily if you are skilled.

1 Like

They do! I can tell you first hand. Our guild averages a mix of green / blue parsers with a couple purple plus, I’m at a 98 max and we do the few mechanics and have average kill times. The only thing we really “skip” is Eranikus adds because you can just stay on boss to nuke and have a tank pick up

i didnt miss that. you just fail to realize that there will always be a trickle down effect from the top. just like people cry about how horde became the dominant faction in retail because of the racial abilities

I know it is shocking there will be a large contingent of people that will always want to better themselves and push their abilities more and more. Then there are people that do not care and will hold the whole group back. It is the way life is.

But how much is the trickle down affect worth? Somebody mentioned this with removing world buffs and resetting bosses, I’d take that trade in a heart beat, could care less if raids reset bosses for the “perfect parse”

i would actually agree if this was possible but its not. you would be giving people an option if the group wants to parse they can then.

inherently these and the drama we have behind them are also caused by parse culture. people want to grief others parses and you need things like DMF and songflower if you want to parse high.

honestly tho parse is kinda stupid the ones defending it are the most brain rot since the incursion. well only a matter of time for phase 4 to possible get worse cause if you wanna join a MC group and if wither your fire res is too low and your parse is not there god help you

5-10 points? lol.

You could have had just good rng that one time. It happens.

It’s not hard. Assuming average RNG and average kill times, if you’re a competent player you parse blue with no WBs. With WBs? mid - high purple.
And a lot of this has to do with kill times, buffs, and comp. Have i showed up with no buffs and totally unprepared and parsed orange? Sure. But I also walked into a situation where the guild was clearing the first boss in like 30 some odd seconds, i had a boomie, a lock, a frost mage, and I crit every single cast.

Yeah, gray parsing means something is up. Let’s not downplay WBs though lol.

Rhetorical question. How many people would parse if no one could see the number and it was 100% private for everyone?

Which part are parsers defending? Not inviting “x” if their parse isn’t high enough?

Also this is classic, you don’t need resistances, just start blasting!

People did it with damage meter in 2005, it is the same, just parses are more accurate and the world can see them if you have them public.

I remember competing on the damage meter with other members of the guild from way back, so, people pretending like parses are the problem, would be at the bottom of the meters and might get kicked out mid run and replaced before people checked logs for pugs.

I know I kicked and replaced low performers, why would I carry and give them a chance to take gear from a contributing member of the raid? Even back then you could tell if someone was doing things correctly based on the information available in those in game meters. At least now they dont get saved for the week to a raid, they just do not get in the raid.

within the guild is one thing. being scared or “flexing” for the entire world to see is another.

Arguably, the latter might not be the best for Classic. I care about my parse, but it has nothing to do with me or my guild. But it has everything to do with what others think of me if i do want to PuG.

Edit: So what do I do? I bring a FaP and prepot greater nature potions, get sucked up by slime turret casting all the while giving my healers a heads up i’m going to be taking damage lol.

If you are planning on going for a 99 or top 50 parse, sure.
If you are planning on going for a purple parse so you can get into pugs easier, what are you even doing??? If someone is trying that hard to parse purple, there are 15 other things wrong that they can fix that will have more of an impact.

yes its the parsing and lack of gdkps.

The fact that the meta for ST is to summon yourselves, kill the first boss then accept the summon before it expires… is a complete joke. The fact that people even thought of this is a complete joke. Huffing and puffing to get a 25 minute run and not even crack the top 75 speed rankings. Guilds requiring enchants that cost hundreds of gold, librams that cost hundreds of gold and every consumable imaginable.

You know what you used to be fun? Going into a raid with your guildies and having a good time. Killing stuff at a good pace but not dragging mobs or even bosses around like it’s some circus act… all to try and place higher on the speed rankings.