So how long do we have until 9.2

Earliest i can see is November.

The interesting question is whether they will want to release it before, at the same time or after Endwalker. Blizzard is known to try to stomp their competition like this but the tides having turned a bit on them, i’m really curious what their strategy will be.

what if wow gets the heroes of the storm treatment and diablo4 is their new future cashcow? :smiley:

idk tho, china hates bones and blood and zombies so it might be hard to hit that market with a diablo title.

Work on other achievements, collect tmog, progress on alts. Or take a break, play another game, work on your Steam backlog.

at this point I will not be surprised if they disband and then re organize the company…under a new name or break off into smaller pieces…

Raid tiers are usually 6 months, but seeing as there’s a bunch of stuff going on at Blizzard, I’d guess another 8 month tier. I’d say 9.2 around February of 2022.

1 Like

11 months last i heard

I almost want them to do it just so Endwalker can finish the job that Blizzard started themselves.

More than likely not this year… I’d say 9.1.5 probably around October-November, then 9.2 around the Blizzard event early next year… that way they can get the patch out to avoid spoilers so they can talk about the possibility of a 9.3 and the next expansion.

Of course if it takes that long then why bother with a 9.3?

didnt they say they didnt even have a 9.2 being worked on? if they started working on it today (which is laughable) then I’d say at least 9 months. I’m pretty sure everything is on hault at blizzard except for the essentials (CS, etc).

1 Like

If you look at patch 9.1 you can clearly see there are unfinished animations and texture in the raid. So ,Probably over a year, if they have indeed stopped all development.

1 Like

If anyone read all the articles on Wow, it is not going to be doing to much work till next year. They are busy with internal stuff to even try to give something to us. So good luck!

A month? A new person take 6 months to blend in into a company, adapting to the culture, understand what is expected from him I ow all the teams he have to interact, who’s who and does what. The big majority not the time you are hire for something and end up doing something else. Plus that wow code after patch and patch the code has to be horrible!!! Imagine desaifer hundred of line of code that don’t go anywhere?

If today with current people took them 8 month for 9.2 that lets admit is not quality nor content word for that long. Raid 8 bosses, and doungeon with 8 bosses with repeated mechanics.

Love the game we don’t know the work conditions but we won’t be seeing anything else this year.

Look all the complain about balance, and pvp and they can fix the values so easy and they haven’t done anything… While they waste time people are moving to other games

1 Like

Realistically late January to early March. It would be absolutely foolish for them to try for November (which they no doubt thought about) to compete with Endwalker.

They can’t deliver! They asked for extra time for the expansion, patch is horrible. Full of escuses like pandemic, lawsuit got a flat tire etc…
And as every single time will have issue at lunch because blizz doesn’t learn.

I say mid next year for patch 9.2 and will include one raid one new doungeon with the amazing megadoungeoun now split in 2 for mythic+ and new pvp talents. Nothing worthy of my money

1 Like

Probably 7-12 months away.

1 Like

Didn’t they say wow was no longer being worked on because of everything thats going on at Blizzard? So expansion over?

Their employees are still sitting at their desks working, unless you assume they are just staring at a wall for the 8-10 hours they are there Monday-Friday.

Before the Heat Death rolls around, I am sure we will learn to upload our consciousness into the atomic structure of the universe, rendering ourselves immortal, invulnerable, and essentially free of all material concerns. So then we can make our own patches and truly play the game the way we want. So if Patch 9.2 isn’t out by then… it’ll never be out.

So I think your timeline is just a shade on the pessimistic side.

1 Like

I’d be amazed if they last that long, ignoring their community like they are. This is the worst I’ve seen them in 16 years.

Kaurmine’s guess: 2022
Because it’s unlikely it will come out during the holiday season and any time before that is too early.

2 Likes