So how long do we have until 9.2

Because I foresee myself clearing heroic shortly and then what……

4 Likes

Minimal of December. Why? Because Endwalker comes out in late November and WoW isn’t shy about releasing updates/patches near other games updates/releases. Dropping it early December would possibly snag some people, if not then then around the anniversary mid-ish November.

10 Likes

I doubt there will be a 9.2 and if there is itll be a while. With the staff and the leader we have its almost better to not put out any content until they clean house

23 Likes

My guild is 2% away from AOTC.

Hopefully in a month. Realistically 4 or 5 months.

5 Likes

January or February of 2022

6 Likes

Prediction disclaimer: not a Cassandra, and these are guesses, not wishes

• 9.2 releases 1st or 2nd quarter 2022, includes the final raid (main plot points: defeat of Jailer, fate of Sylvanas).

• Open world content will be something like assaults in re-used zones – think Vale/Uldum in BfA’s patch 8.3.

• No 9.3, no 10.0 release in 2022, barring something drastic changing. Too much internal chaos, compounding the impact of covid.

22 Likes

It’ll be earliest nov/december, but that’s hyper optimistic. I expect late December or January. 9.2 will likely be final patch of Shadowlands just based on timing and release schedules.

4 Likes

Today <-------Patch 9.2-------> Heat Death of the Universe

Diagram not to scale

24 Likes

March or April. Whichever comes first.

4 Likes

I’m leaning towards this schedule.

9.1.5 hits PTR within 2-3 weeks and 9.1.5 launches 3-4 weeks after.

9.2 hits the PTR late October and launches late November-early December.

Worst case we’ll see 9.2 next year depending on how much pushed behind they get due to the recent drama + covid flareups.

The pressure right now will be to bring back subscribers for Q3 + Q4 earnings and to compete against other MMO launches.

2 Likes

Let’s see probably like around between like last November, December which is the end of the or of course maybe 2022 at this point.

At their rate of production, probably 6 months from now

9 Likes

in two weeks duh

I’m more surprised you haven’t already cleared Heroic.

Here are my predictions from a previous post:

Based on the length of the initial expansion patch. 9.0 is the longest, non-endgame patch in the game’s history at 218 days. That’s only four days shorter than WoD’s 6.0 and 6.1 patches combined and half of WoD’s final patch, aka the second longest patch in the game’s history. First prize in that department goes to MoP’s 5.4.

Let’s do a little math here. I’m using this chart as my guide.

I’m excluding Vanilla because it was a totally different patch system with 12 major content patches, and Shadowlands past 9.1 because it isn’t finished yet.

The average x.0 patch is about 108 days, and the average x.1 patch is about 120 days long. That puts the x.0 patch at about 111% longer than the x.1 patch on average. Shadowlands has already surpassed that metric, but we can possibly forecast how long 9.1 will last. This gives us an estimate of about 242 days. That puts the end of 9.1 around February 26, 2022.

The average length of x.2 patches is about 175 days or about 146% of x.1 patches. That would put the end of 9.2 at around 353 days. I highly doubt they’ll do that, since that would put the entire expansion at 813 days, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility considering BfA’s final patch pushed it to 833 days. Average expansion life is about 724 days.

Can patches be shorter? Of course. These are just averages, not concrete. All’s I’m doing is speculating, and the further we get into this expansion, the more we can extrapolate.

I’ll reiterate, this is just based on averages, and I originally posted that comment well before the controversy surrounding Blizzard, so this is (very) likely to change. Some people have even speculated that there won’t be a 9.2 patch given the events, and pushing to get out from this expansion, but that remains to be seen.

5 Likes

My guess is either first week of December or not until January

AHAHAHAHAH

What have they shown so far?
I wish Blizzard luck with that, because it’s what they’ve given us so far that has caused people to lose interest and evade Warcraft.

And as the story (Tyrande loser, Elune weak and Sylvanas redeemed) and other things like Timegate won’t change to something less hateful, they’ll either have to do something that really appeals to the players’ already eroded sympathies or they’ll literally have to go, from door to door, dragging people back into the game.

1 Like

Nobody here knows. May as well spin a wheel, or throw darts at a board.

1 Like

So next year then

Go try Mythic