So how long do we have until 9.2

its gonna be before xmas ready or not. gotta get that sweet money no matter what.

yachts dont buy themselves.

I say the same, when I complete my AOTC, which will take a long time, you will see something from 8.2.

And it will be called.

THE WRATH OF MUEZHALA

Before the last shadow falls, the father of sleep shall savor his feast.

I would bet not till maybe Feb/March. I mean, a lot depends now on the lawsuit and hiring new people etc.

1 Like

I believe what he is saying is that the overall number of raiders this tier versus last tier have dropped off harshly.

And that the ratio of success for those still raiding may still be in line with previous raids, but that is not actually what he is getting at.

I might have interpreted the conversation wrong… but I believe that was the point.

All the fan bois who think the final patch will be out this year is just hysterical. You’re looking at spring 2022 for 9.2. It will be the final patch and Activision will ride it for most if not all of 2022.

1 Like

Probably.

I think this patch will last like 7-8 total months based on the design/feel of it (stretching out these renown levels and putting borrowed power all the way up to the renown cap, as well as the extremely long stygian ember grind). And then the final patch with the new zones and the new tier sets and new systems etc will last most of next year as people enjoy the “Shadowlands as it was always meant to be patch” once they’ve fixed most of the major complaints (I would wager they unlock Covenant swapping at that point).

The question is realistically more in the vein of how does Blizzard chop it up to time these announcements for maximum hype.

Out of curiosity, have you played SOMA? Off topic but… Thought I’d ask. Lol

I’m still betting on 9.1.5 being on the PTR by the end of the month.

1 Like

I’m just saying what they announced. “World of Warcraft is no longer being worked on” google it.

‘World Of Warcraft’ dev says “no work” is being done on the game following company lawsuit. “I find Activision’s corporate response wholly unacceptable. I don’t stand by it, any of it.” A World Of Warcraft developer says that “no work” is being done on the game amid the Activision Blizzard lawsuit. Jul 26, 2021"

Maybe they announced its being worked on again since then and I missed it?

I was about to say it feels too early for a PTR for 9.1.5, but I guess we are two months into the patch. Time flies when you’re having fun, haha.

Still can’t believe I’ve barely done any Mythic and we’re already two months into the patch though. The set gear chase has really kind of mucked up the standard progression. I’m actually hoping the patch is a bit of a longer patch so I have time to actually prog Mythic properly.

That isn’t an official Blizzard message and I can guarantee you that work is being done on the game.

"Senior System Designer at Wow, Jeff Hamilton posted a thread of tweets on his stance in regards to the recent lawsuit filed against Activision Blizzard, and within one of these tweets he noted that “almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out.”

I guess that him being Senior System Designer at wow isn’t official enough?
Maybe he’s just lying idk.

2 Likes

He did not say “no work” he said “not much work right now”. That was in the immediate wake of the whole mess and there is no reason to believe that was more then temporary. It was also his personal twitter account that he has sense made private.

If I had to guess:

• some sort of 9.2 teaser/announcement before end of the year
  • the actual patch released around March 2022

Questions remain about 9.3… will they even release it at this point?? Has it been “cancelled”?

I think there is a growing sentiment to “just put Shadowlands out of it’s misery and move on” …you see it on these forums, you see it over on reddit, you see it in Youtube comments from viewers, etc :joy:

1 Like

Question Unclear:

Here’s a new 6 month store mount, though.

2 Likes

He actually said “almost no work”. Interesting he made the tweets private since then. So that tells me he was probably telling the truth but Blizz got upest with him saying that because they didnt want players knowing this info because they would lose even more subs and made him take it down.

1 Like

Mythic?

and then add on the next like “while this obscenity plays out.”. This was in the immediate wake of the mess and there is no reason to believe that was a long term issue.

1 Like

It’s still playing out isn’t it? Or have the lawsuits and issues all been resolved already?

unsub till 9.2 :smiley:

But it’ll be a long wait. Unless they somehow magically were really ahead into 9.2… it’s evident by a few sources that development has stopped for the most part. Things are pretty tense there at Blizz HQ so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if 9.2 isn’t till early next year…

1 Like