So how good warlock is in tbc pvp?

2’s is the most played and thats where Druid is dominant. Druid is also highly, highly effective in all battlegrounds. Cyclone is king.

Then you suck? Play a proper spec. lol

You might be undergeared m8 just 2v1d 2 rogues with 6.7khp unbuffed. If I would have lip or fap I wouldn’t have even died with them.

41 point destro and aff were both completely viable in 5s and bgs. Destro in BGs was awesome but gear dependent. UA could be tabbed out and one shot priests. You needed peels and you gave up SL. Fel Armor’s healing bonus is super strong. I am sorry you are spreading lies because you didn’t farm up PVP gear sets or T5. The truth is that SL was a crutch and as somebody who greatly enjoyed lock PVP, particularly destro in PVP, as a gnome nonetheless, while dealing with WotF on nearly every enemy I faced to say that 41 point builds were non-viable just reflects poorly on you. Were they meta? No.
But neither was ele or ret and they were everywhere as well. The truth is that PVP viability outside of broken rogues and warriors is widespread in BC. Even balance druids and enhance had a niche.

The biggest issue in TBC is how all these warrior populations will translate. If BGs are overrun by warriors and resto druids the PVP will be pretty tough. They will farm stormheralds, go arms, and cause havoc.

You can fully expect this. Its plain as day.

1 Like

Which is fine? The other most common class is mages, and frost mages take a dump on wars just like they do in classic.

Felguard was strong in pvp against most. It will chew up a rogue with half their Cds blown.

If you face a rogue with Cds up you’re dead. Or if you face an sl/sl undead lock. Nothing is as eyerolling as a lock v lock fight and the other being undead.

Dude of course not, as a Horde Warlock u can seduce a rogue to create some distance, if he trinkets, u can seduce again or fear, 5 sec of immunity is enough to a rogue kill you, u dont have a clue of what u talking about.

Shadowplay (UA/Shadow/Rshaman) is one of the strongest comps in the tbc game in general, and likely also the best overall comp for UA locks, Shadowpriests, and Rshamans (though they also have Arms/Ret/Rsham which is close, but likely a tier below).

The damage output is downright absurd (both incoming and outgoing)

2 Likes

Shadowplay is only strong when people overvalue RMP and when Double Healer gets banned (which it gets banned all the time).

In reality, Shadowplay has no chance of getting Rank 1 come TBC. That spot will undoubtedly go to Double Healer.

Where did I say that alliance warlocks have it better than horde warlocks? Wotf is an overpowered racial, but warlocks are an over powered class making that moot. If you lose to undead rogues because of wotf and are geared you are probably bad. In fact your class is so op in 1v1 they had to ban an entire spec from the cdl to even make it competitive and you still see that in duels vs some of the best rogues in the world, that the rogue would have lost in a WPvP encounter where the lock has a soulstone.

You can find some clips from youtube!
Warlocks are not heavy dealer in pvp but steady damage output. Your teammate especially rogue will do everything while you dots and hide.
Dots, Fear, Hide and seek. That’s all we do.

I don’t know who you are talking about but Warlocks definitely are heavy damage in PvP, while they might not do 5k damage in 2 seconds like a geared warrior with lucky crits and a windfury proc can, it can definitely deal HEAVY sustained DPS. I have had one deal like 14,000 damage to me in less than 10 seconds while I was feared (Which didn’t break) during TBC.

Warlocks aren’t burst DPS, but they are a heavy sustained damage dealer in PvP even without Shadowbolt. Remember, their dots don’t crit so no point stacking it and also are not impacted by Resilience.

DoTs are affected by Resilience in patch 2.2.0.

I stand corrected, thank you. But the overall point is still the same, Warlocks are STRONG sustained DPS during TBC, just not bursty.

1 Like

SL/SL lock and a resto Druid will be one of the strongest glad comps in Classic TBC 2v2 arena. Ignore the naysayers in this thread saying warlocks are weak. Lol

Rogues and warriors are gods in tbc pvp. Everything else is no good

Gonna be a lot of undead rogues in tbc pvp.

This is such a weird thing to say. Warrior especially play comps with healers, if you say warriors are good they are only good in the comps with the healers, which would also make the healers good no?

Its good to know that the same arguements are restated again 13-14 years afterwards.

https://i.gifer.com/Aj8L.gif

1 Like